The Official ACUITY Instruments CivicX product launch thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mautsukuda

Mau Tsukuda Photography
First Name
Mau
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mautsukudaphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport Hatch 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@ACUITY any plans on a shifter cable upgrade kit to go with the full shifter? I've heard several people having their stock cables getting stretched and inevitably their shifters feeling loose or with a lot of play when in gear.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ACUITY

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Any know weight the POCO shift knob? I’ve search all of the web and can’t find any information.
They're approximately 135g with the collar.

@ACUITY any plans on a shifter cable upgrade kit to go with the full shifter? I've heard several people having their stock cables getting stretched and inevitably their shifters feeling loose or with a lot of play when in gear.
Can't divulge much, but we have some really solid cable upgrades in the works. The OEM ones are good, but they just don't last forever. It's been that way on all cable-shifted Hondas/Acuras since the early 2000's. Hoping to have a more durable option for the Civic X community in the not so distant future. :)

~Russ

Brakes88

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TYP SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They're approximately 135g with the collar.

Can't divulge much, but we have some really solid cable upgrades in the works. The OEM ones are good, but they just don't last forever. It's been that way on all cable-shifted Hondas/Acuras since the early 2000's. Hoping to have a more durable option for the Civic X community in the not so distant future. :)

~Russ
Nice!

Boni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I got the full acuity upgrades on an Si but have been eyeing the full assembly. Can I expect major changes with the assembly over full upgrades or is it less noticeable?

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
I got the full acuity upgrades on an Si but have been eyeing the full assembly. Can I expect major changes with the assembly over full upgrades or is it less noticeable?
Hard to say and would need someone who went from full upgrades to full assembly to chime in. But I think I saw someone mention before that if you have all the upgrades it is basically the full assembly. However you don't have the adjustable gate spacing, shift throw and knob height.

bouford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 AP1/18 FK8/19 CV2
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
@Boni, myself and @RedFK8 went from the stage 2 kit to the short shifter kit and the amount of adjustability for one's personal preference is worth the extra money. if you have a buyer of the stage 2 kit items (like us) it's a no brainer. lastly, the short shifter makes it feel like your have a S2000 trans (note we both have owned and autox'd our S2Ks in the past). gl and do it!

MGZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe, Previously 2016 EX-L (50k miles)
Country flag
Biggest difference I noticed was the strength of the centering spring, it’s significantly beefier than the stage 2 one. Knob height adjustment is also nice and not available with the stage 2 kit. Acuity said that setting 3(of 5) for the gate spacing and throw distance is roughly equivalent with the stage 2 upgrades, so it does go a little further if you want it to.

I had everything as short as possible for a while and it was quite snappy but felt pretty tight. As a daily, I decided it was a bit too much effort, so I messed with the settings for a while. Eventually I raised the shift knob height to get a bit to get more leverage but kept the gates at max. Throws are a little longer but easier and still nice and snappy.

YMMV and you’ll probably need to mess with it a bit before you find the settings that are right for you, but I think it’s one of the best products I’ve bought for my car!

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Rad rad hoses :cool:

Nice! For those wondering price it is $139

Wonder if these hoses will be thicker at all. When I installed my PRL intake there was minimal if not any clearance between the intake hose and radiator hose. See the image below which was before I rotated the radiator hose clamp to not chew into the intake.

Honda Civic 10th gen The Official ACUITY Instruments CivicX product launch thread! IMG_7082

Last edited:
OP
OP
ACUITY

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Nice! For those wondering price it is $139

Wonder if these hoses will be thicker at all. When I installed my PRL intake there was minimal if not any clearance between the intake hose and radiator hose. See the image below which was before I rotated the radiator hose clamp to not chew into the intake.

IMG_7082.jpg
Here's a top-down shot of our solid model. So this would be as viewed from above in the engine bay. Left side of the image is the rad side, right side is the engine side. The pink hose is a 3d scan of the OEM top hose, the light gray hose is the Acuity smaller (cold) hose, the black hose is acuity larger (hot) hose. The OEM lower hose is shown in blue but is barely visible from this angle. Based on your picture, I think it would be close, but if you look at my provided image, you'll see where the intake is touching your hose, our geometry is still pretty close to stock. It's not until the hose gets further from the port that it diverges from the OEM path a lot.

Honda Civic 10th gen The Official ACUITY Instruments CivicX product launch thread! 1588959354102

I think these would probably still touch, and possibly more, but it seems there's a good chance it'll fit. If you want to test try, DM me. I am willing to work out a deal where we will take them back if they don't fit well. I'm curious to know as well. :)

~Russ

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I think these would probably still touch, and possibly more, but it seems there's a good chance it'll fit. If you want to test try, DM me. I am willing to work out a deal where we will take them back if they don't fit well. I'm curious to know as well. :)

~Russ
this would be great to know. I was wondering about the exact same thing as i had to rotate the clamp to stop it from hitting the intake also.

OP
OP
ACUITY

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
this would be great to know. I was wondering about the exact same thing as i had to rotate the clamp to stop it from hitting the intake also.
If one of you guys can take a top-down picture of the hose and the intake, where it hits, then use a ruler or tape measure to show how far from the engine-side end of the upper hose the contact occurs, we can give you a better idea of what to expect in terms of fitment. Anyone want to post that pic for us to review?

~Russ

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Here's a top-down shot of our solid model. So this would be as viewed from above in the engine bay. Left side of the image is the rad side, right side is the engine side. The pink hose is a 3d scan of the OEM top hose, the light gray hose is the Acuity smaller (cold) hose, the black hose is acuity larger (hot) hose. The OEM lower hose is shown in blue but is barely visible from this angle. Based on your picture, I think it would be close, but if you look at my provided image, you'll see where the intake is touching your hose, our geometry is still pretty close to stock. It's not until the hose gets further from the port that it diverges from the OEM path a lot.

1588959354102.png

~Russ
Thanks for offering to work out a deal. Right now though I need to watch my spending since my hours were just cut at work due to COVID19 just yesterday. I will try and take some photos tomorrow if the weather is clear to try and get a good shot.

Will say though enjoying the fully adjustable shifter, Esco-T6 and shift boot collar. Once things get back to normal or maybe treat myself during this crazy time I have a list off things to still get from your guys (throttle pedal spacer, shifter cable bushing and these radiator hoses). That list probably will grow as you release more though lol.

OP
OP
ACUITY

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Thanks for offering to work out a deal. Right now though I need to watch my spending since my hours were just cut at work due to COVID19 just yesterday. I will try and take some photos tomorrow if the weather is clear to try and get a good shot.

Will say though enjoying the fully adjustable shifter, Esco-T6 and shift boot collar. Once things get back to normal or maybe treat myself during this crazy time I have a list off things to still get from your guys (throttle pedal spacer, shifter cable bushing and these radiator hoses). That list probably will grow as you release more though lol.
Glad that shifter, knob and collar combo is treating you well! We have some more love for the 10th's in the works. We love hearing stuff like this, it really makes the job feel like it has some purpose, if not just bringing smiles to people's faces. :) Thanks for the love!

~Russ

HippoSI

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
Hello,

I am looking into buying the ESCO-T6 Shift Knob (red) and was wondering if this fits seamlessly with the stock boot and collar or not. I've seen some nice shift knobs, but they didn't fit seamlessly with the person's stock boot so I am wanting to verify before buying. Thank you very much!

Link to item for reference: https://acuityinstruments.com/colle...co-t6-shift-knob-in-satin-red-anodized-finish
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.