The Official ACUITY Instruments CivicX product launch thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
I can tell you it will be at least 2 hours. I just did mine yesterday.
Sponsored

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 WOP Civic HB Sport 6MT, '03 Honda CBR600RR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well did my install of the following yesterday.
  • Centering Spring
  • Rocker Arm
  • Short Throw Adapter
    • Shifter Base modification performed to avoid/eliminate clicking in even gears.
  • Shifter Base Bushings
  • Shifter Cable Bushings
Tools were laid out the night before, installation instructions reviewed and plan of attack was determined to be best/most logical in the order above.

From start (battery disconnected) to finish (battery connected)....1 hour and 35 minutes.

The 2 hiccups I had were taking the shifter cable clips off (after figuring the first, the second was cake) and removing the shifter cables from the shifter base housing. Sure its a counter clockwise motion, but there is a clip at the bottom that needs to be depressed. Besides that smooth sailing.

Only recommendation...include fancy purple zip-ties with short throw adapter. I had to use the boring black ones I usually have haha.

Haven't gotten to take it out yet, but just the driveway test the gate spacing and throws are noticeably shorter. I'd say crisper as well. Look forward to taking it out on the road.

Quality of the parts is amazing and nice to the touch. Machining is on point and everything is well thought out. I'd definitely recommend these to anyone with a 6speed manual trans. Also much easier to do the short throw install with the shifter out of the car...easier to keep an eye on that ball bushing you have to remove as well and not lose it in the carpet of the car.

powow66

YouTube Channel: Pawinning
First Name
Pawinn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hey everyone! My name is Pawinn Song, and I have been working with Acuity Instruments on part install/review videos on my own YouTube channel (I've linked the videos in "my garage" here on civicx). Since then I've started producing content on their YouTube Channel as well, making install videos for new and existing parts. Here's a link to the first video I produced for their channel:drive::

I hope this helps with your shifter part installs! I'll be posting more content on this thread as new products are installed/reviewed/filmed. Be sure to check out @acuityinstruments on instagram as well!

OP
OP
ACUITY

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag

FK7_ASM

Honda Service Advisor
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatchback 6MT
They are actually in production now. We are a little over a month out. :)

~Russ
I've been following this thread for almost a year now, lurking, just waiting for the shift knob and the full shifter assembly. Time is running out guys. My wallet is gonna explode cause I've been saving for so long lol

OP
OP
ACUITY

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I've been following this thread for almost a year now, lurking, just waiting for the shift knob and the full shifter assembly. Time is running out guys. My wallet is gonna explode cause I've been saving for so long lol
No worries, that's easily fixed. Trade in for an FK8 and put the new bits in there! We are a little over a month out from new ESCOs with 30% more weight, and color options of white, purple, or teal, and about 2 months out from the shifter, hopefully less. XOXO

OP
OP
ACUITY

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Any ball park figure of pricing on the shifter yet?
Looking like it will be a tad more than our 9th gen offering due to a bunch of material improvements and some additional complexity, but not too much so. Mid 400's or thereabout. We rarely know final pricing until we are a week or two out from launch. It requires a bit of time on our end to work through material costs and labor on them. ~Russ

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Looking like it will be a tad more than our 9th gen offering due to a bunch of material improvements and some additional complexity, but not too much so. Mid 400's or thereabout. We rarely know final pricing until we are a week or two out from launch. It requires a bit of time on our end to work through material costs and labor on them. ~Russ
Knowing me I’ll probably end up getting the whole new shifter lol, I will always support ACUITY :thumbsup:

Xtremehumpdog

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe, 2018 Honda Accord ex 1.5t
I want the stage 2 shift kit for my 18 si but alas, waiting on the purple shift knob to be an option on it.

OP
OP
ACUITY

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I want the stage 2 shift kit for my 18 si but alas, waiting on the purple shift knob to be an option on it.
We're still waiting on a few things to finish up the new colored knobs. Hoping you see them out in about a month, but we don't have an official timeline as we are at the mercy of a few suppliers. We are going to add them as an option on the kits as soon as we can. :) ~russ

OP
OP
ACUITY

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Hey everyone! Just wanted to let you know that Pawinn just released a pretty helpful video on our Youtube channel. It covers 2 topics that give some people issues during shifter linkage bushing installations. The first is how to properly hold the cables while removing the OEM bushings. The second is how to install the spiral style retaining rings on our cable bushings. If you're thinking about installing cable bushings at some point, it's definitely worth watching.

How to properly remove OEM shift linkage bushings and how to install spiral retaining rings on shift linkage bushings (click here)

~russ
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.