The Official ACUITY Instruments CivicX product launch thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phylanx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 CRV, '17 Si Sedan
Country flag
@ACUITY So will the Full Shifter being released combine the functionality of the Short Shifter, Rocker Arm, and Centering Spring?
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@ACUITY So will the Full Shifter being released combine the functionality of the Short Shifter, Rocker Arm, and Centering Spring?
That and more. It will be fully adjustable and showcase ACUITY’s remarkable engineering and build quality that is far beyond any of their competitors.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
That and more. It will be fully adjustable and showcase ACUITY’s remarkable engineering and build quality that is far beyond any of their competitors.
Agreed. I had their full shifter on my '15 SI and saw it first hand. I'm waiting for their full shifter.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Will the oem shift boot and knob work on it?
it did for the 9th gen. I'm sure it'll be the same for the 10th gen.

I'm sure all the adjustable feature will be like the 9th gen. The full shifter for the 9th gen had adjustable:
shifter height
gate spacing
gear throw
knob position (rotated in circle with the shifter rod as the center point)

If it's anything like the 9th gen shifter, it will be worth waiting for. There was so much adjusting, it took me a while to figure out which set up worked the best for me.

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (LSM)*SOLD* & 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (SNP)
Country flag
I really really hope Acuity recongizes alot of people want the full shifter but already have 3/4 of what comes on/with the shifter.

Really hoping Acuity would sell a "base" shifter without the base bushings, centering spring, & rocker arm.

Then just be able to transplant those parts to the all metal shifter. Past models have always come with exactly what was released for a stock shifter.

I'd take my short shifter adatper off to sell/gift and pick up the full assembly and swap my parts over.

Hopefully!

Gsnail13

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
The stock boot should fit, like others said I had it on my 9th gen and it worked. But to be honest I got rid of the boot and ran it without one, it was too beautiful to cover up, plus I like purple so that's a plus. I still have my 9th gen shifter from them actually and all the parts I ordered from them for the 10th gen shifter look practically identical, but that's just from a glance, I'm not an expert so I'm sure theres differences. On my 10th gen I chose to go the route of adding stuff to the stock shifter cause I like things tightened up, not shorter shifts. My 9th gen needed it in my opinion because its shifts were longer, I feel like my si now has decent throw for my tastes.

OP
OP
ACUITY

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Hey guys! Sorry for the slow response. We’ve been busy busy

That and much more. It is essentially a refined, improved version of our 9th gen offering :)

I’m blushing

Will the oem shift boot and knob work on it?
Absolutely. It works perfectly with or without the boot.

it did for the 9th gen. I'm sure it'll be the same for the 10th gen.

I'm sure all the adjustable feature will be like the 9th gen. The full shifter for the 9th gen had adjustable:
shifter height
gate spacing
gear throw
knob position (rotated in circle with the shifter rod as the center point)

If it's anything like the 9th gen shifter, it will be worth waiting for. There was so much adjusting, it took me a while to figure out which set up worked the best for me.
You hit the nail on the head ✌

I really really hope Acuity recongizes alot of people want the full shifter but already have 3/4 of what comes on/with the shifter.

Really hoping Acuity would sell a "base" shifter without the base bushings, centering spring, & rocker arm.

Then just be able to transplant those parts to the all metal shifter. Past models have always come with exactly what was released for a stock shifter.

I'd take my short shifter adatper off to sell/gift and pick up the full assembly and swap my parts over.

Hopefully!
This would be nice, but it’s not possible. The full shifter is much more complex and has tons more adjustment than the oem shifter with our upgrades. We released our oem shifter upgrades to offer a more cost competitive option versus the full shifter.

i have given up waiting for it as well as spending the money saved for it. was supposed to be out last quarter.
Don’t blame you one bit ✌. We had a design quite a while ago but we made the decision to pursue quality over speed to release. We try hard to release products when they’re design is thoroughly tested and refined, rather than rushing half-baked products to market. We underestimated the time we needed to put into this design due to some complex new design features. The ones that wait will not regret it.

Oh and Shifter Rocker Upgrades are back in stock finally!

~Russ

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Oh and Shifter Rocker Upgrades are back in stock finally!

~Russ
Thanks for letting us know because I placed an order :thumbsup:
Most of the parts on my car are ACUITY parts lol, I’m going to be a repeat customer.

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 WOP Civic HB Sport 6MT, '03 Honda CBR600RR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah got in all my internal shifter parts in between Thursday (base bushings, centering spring and short throw adapter) and Today (rocker arrived this morning). Look forward to the install.

I do like the adjustability of the full shifter replacement but feel that it is over the top for my uses as a DD.

Look forward to the install and thanks again for the fast shipping @ACUITY

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen The Official ACUITY Instruments CivicX product launch thread! me-waiting-for-my-package-to-arrive

My parts are coming in today! My console was torn apart yesterday in anticipation.

ETA: they're delivered but I am waiting for my other car to get aligned

Honda Civic 10th gen The Official ACUITY Instruments CivicX product launch thread! Screenshot_20180625-121147

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (LSM)*SOLD* & 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (SNP)
Country flag
This would be nice, but it’s not possible. The full shifter is much more complex and has tons more adjustment than the oem shifter with our upgrades. We released our oem shifter upgrades to offer a more cost competitive option versus the full shifter.

~Russ
Awh man, I think a lot of people would jump on that. Oh well.

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looking forward to doing the install. Just need about an hour free to complete it.

Since the rocker was not in stock at the time, @ACUITY shipped my in stock parts first...then the rocker when it was in stock so I get twice the goodies haha.

Just ordered the cable bushings through amazon...was bummed that it was no longer same day shipping though. Oh well...gotta wait until Thursday.

Honda Civic 10th gen The Official ACUITY Instruments CivicX product launch thread! 20180625_184040

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To install everything youre going to need more than just 1 hour. I would plan atleast 2 free hours.
Think so? Seems pretty straight forward disassembling the center console. I did a similar install in my Honda fit (bushings, short throw adapter, shifter base change) and it was under an hour.

Well, time will tell...I'll allot for 2 hours and let you know what it turns out to be haha.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.