The Lowered Thread

RallyeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the Eibach Pro-Kit and have zero issues with speed bumps. The only issue I have with driveways, is my own. There is about a three foot section where it transitions to the street that is at a 45 degree angle. If I did not have a lip, It would not be a problem at all. As long as I go slow and at an angle(or back in and out) I don't scrape at all. As far as comfort, the difference is very minimal and only slightly stiffer. With the Pro-Kit, I could have gotten away without installing a camber kit and it would have still aligned within specs, but I installed one anyway, just to be safe. If you want a little drop, but don't want the traditional problems associated with lowering, this is the way to go.
Thanks for the quick reply! The Eibach Pro-kit looks awesome, but what about the Tein H-Tech springs? I like the fact that the Tein springs seem to lower it the same all around(.8") vs the Eibachs(.7-1.0).

Also, has anyone else tried the Megan Racing springs? They drop 1.0" all around, but they are cheaper than all the others which concerns me.
Sponsored

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the quick reply! The Eibach Pro-kit looks awesome, but what about the Tein H-Tech springs? I like the fact that the Tein springs seem to lower it the same all around(.8") vs the Eibachs(.7-1.0).

Also, has anyone else tried the Megan Racing springs? They drop 1.0" all around, but they are cheaper than all the others which concerns me.
If you look at your car, you will see that the rear sits a tad higher to begin with. The .7- 1.0 will level it out.

Honda Civic 10th gen The Lowered Thread IMG_1199.JPG

RallyeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you look at your car, you will see that the rear sits a tad higher to begin with. The .7- 1.0 will level it out.

IMG_1199.JPG
Ah, I see. Is there any detriment to handling by changing that rake? I hear it's good to have that difference for fuel economy and aerodynamics.

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ah, I see. Is there any detriment to handling by changing that rake? I hear it's good to have that difference for fuel economy and aerodynamics.
Not sure, but I would imagine any difference is negligible.

RallyeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Would I need to get the rear camber kit if I'm only running the Eibach pro-kit?

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's doable without it, but you will be near the high side of the specs. It's probably best just to go ahead and install it to be safe. Things may change over time.

Last edited:

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes you would need the camber for pro-kit. I am looking to get a set for my hatch after the installation.

Honda Civic 10th gen The Lowered Thread 20190307_164540-01

RallyeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Been doing some more research and just in case anyone wanted to know, I was able to get Skunk2 to tell me what the spring rates are on their lowering springs. Here are those specs:

front is 26 N/mm (148 lbs/in) rear 18 N/mm (103 lbs/in)

Honestly I am shocked(pun intended lol) that the rear spring rate is so low... Very odd. Other springs, including even stock springs, have higher spring rates in the rear.

RallyeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just pulled the trigger on Tein S-Tech springs and Godspeed rear camber kit for $320 shipped! Can't wait to have a lowered car for the first time!

Daymon159

First Name
Daymon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ext
Country flag
Hey guys! New to the thread! I'm looking to lower my 2018 civic coupe ext. Butttt I wanna keep my fenders. Can someone please help me out!

angry_lime

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Si Coupe on Swift Spec-R springs. Haven't bent the fender tabs or installed camber arms yet.

Honda Civic 10th gen The Lowered Thread IMG_1375

Honda Civic 10th gen The Lowered Thread IMG_1378

ayeerock

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civc FK7 Sport
Country flag
Currently lowered on sportlines, looking into some coilovers. Any recommendations and what I should be running with it? For example any aftermarket camber arms, control arms etc.

RallyeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Currently lowered on sportlines, looking into some coilovers. Any recommendations and what I should be running with it? For example any aftermarket camber arms, control arms etc.
From what I've read, all you need is a rear camber kit. A few different manufacturers make them, I went with Godspeed arms. They are the only brand using spherical bearings in their arms.

ayeerock

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civc FK7 Sport
Country flag
From what I've read, all you need is a rear camber kit. A few different manufacturers make them, I went with Godspeed arms. They are the only brand using spherical bearings in their arms.
Thanks for the quick reply. I’m gonna look into the godspeeds, I don’t mind paying the extra penny for quality. Sweet car btw
Sponsored