image1.jpeg
I didn't , just got an alignment after a couple of weeks

darthwezel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen fa5 land 2017 civic sport
Country flag
I was wondering with the Sportlines or the D2's any scrapping on speed bumps especially if you were to say have your kids and girl in the car or my brothers would i scrape with the d2s or sportlines? Also how much of an angle game do you have to play on certain driveways if any kind of games? Cant decide which set of springs i want more especially because i heard of some d2 sagging on a few hatchbacks so far, but i really like the look of the d2. The Eibachs look for functional but idk, any help would be appreciated.

Supremacy

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was wondering with the Sportlines or the D2's any scrapping on speed bumps especially if you were to say have your kids and girl in the car or my brothers would i scrape with the d2s or sportlines? Also how much of an angle game do you have to play on certain driveways if any kind of games? Cant decide which set of springs i want more especially because i heard of some d2 sagging on a few hatchbacks so far, but i really like the look of the d2. The Eibachs look for functional but idk, any help would be appreciated.
Honda Civic 10th gen The Lowered Thread DSC_0376-2

On D2 Coils. I definitely scrape on speed bumps / driveways. Since I have the Greddy exhaust, I hear it scrape occasionally. My splitter rods have the screws underneath the splitter and I hear it MOST of the time scraping on speed bumps, incline, decline driveways.

darthwezel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen fa5 land 2017 civic sport
Country flag
DSC_0376-2.jpg

On D2 Coils. I definitely scrape on speed bumps / driveways. Since I have the Greddy exhaust, I hear it scrape occasionally. My splitter rods have the screws underneath the splitter and I hear it MOST of the time scraping on speed bumps, incline, decline driveways.
How much did you lower the coils? Good looking hatch btw.

Jeaholland

First Name
Jeramiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Model: Hatchback
Suspension: Eibach Sportline

Any modifications needed?: Trimmed front and rear bump stops

image1.jpeg

I've not lowered a car before but I really love the way that looks. I too have a white hatchback sport and was wondering what all you did to install these.

Was it basically just swapping out the springs or was there more to it?

boibuddha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've not lowered a car before but I really love the way that looks. I too have a white hatchback sport and was wondering what all you did to install these.

Was it basically just swapping out the springs or was there more to it?
I would not recommend swapping out springs if you have no experience.
If you thought about doing coilovers, go ahead. The labor takes less than half the time of a spring swap.

You'll need:
- Spring compressors
- Allan Keys
- Hammer or ball joint separator
- Impact Gun (recommended)

You'll also need to figure out a way to remove the 17mm nut on top of the strut while holding the shaft still.
I used vice grip pliers and a paper towel to hold a 17mm socket in place and used a Hex socket with ratchet to spin the strut shaft instead.

I've taken apart the suspension on 90's Hondas so often that I could do it in my sleep, but I even struggled with the front end.

Jeaholland

First Name
Jeramiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I would not recommend swapping out springs if you have no experience.
If you thought about doing coilovers, go ahead. The labor takes less than half the time of a spring swap.

You'll need:
- Spring compressors
- Allan Keys
- Hammer or ball joint separator
- Impact Gun (recommended)

You'll also need to figure out a way to remove the 17mm nut on top of the strut while holding the shaft still.
I used vice grip pliers and a paper towel to hold a 17mm socket in place and used a Hex socket with ratchet to spin the strut shaft instead.

I've taken apart the suspension on 90's Hondas so often that I could do it in my sleep, but I even struggled with the front end.

Okay yeah. That's way more advanced than I would even try to be comfortable with. Thanks. I do know a few friends of mine that have extensive experience so maybe they could help. I'll look into coilovers. Thanks.

e85sbm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Easy to just find a local shop to do the work, 3 hours would be the longest for lowering springs.....but if any suspension is changed, you would need to do a wheel alignment

Jeaholland

First Name
Jeramiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Easy to just find a local shop to do the work, 3 hours would be the longest for lowering springs.....but if any suspension is changed, you would need to do a wheel alignment
Okay cool. Thanks again.

eha1988

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WOP Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Okay cool. Thanks again.
If you want a project and experience, go ahead and tackle it yourself, it's not THAT bad but can get frustrating. If I had to do it over I'd pay a shop to do it, depending on the price. If you're not in a rush, save up for coilovers. I have can't ever wait so I just did the Eibach Sportline springs for now but am saving up for coilovers. I followed this youtube video when I did mine:

Jeaholland

First Name
Jeramiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you want a project and experience, go ahead and tackle it yourself, it's not THAT bad but can get frustrating. If I had to do it over I'd pay a shop to do it, depending on the price. If you're not in a rush, save up for coilovers. I have can't ever wait so I just did the Eibach Sportline springs for now but am saving up for coilovers. I followed this youtube video when I did mine:

I watched that video and it seems like it would be something that my dad and I could get done over the weekend for sure. Thanks again.
Sponsored