Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Would this also help with the 4th gear lockout? I haven't gotten the 2nd gear grind yet but 4th has locked me out a few times randomly.
Yes the clutch adjustment will help with that

Sponsored

wtam1100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
I've ran out things to try at this point if anyone else has any suggestion lmk. The 1-2 grinding has improved or maybe I just think it has improved since I have tried so much different sh*t. But it still just randomly happens. It's usually when I'm at a stop light about the turn left I won't be even getting on it but as I make the turn if i shift it will grind. Won't do it all the time but it just happen today after I thought I got rid of it. Also i was able to get it to grind, I turned off TC launched it real hard wheel was spinning a bunch I tried to shift from 1-2 and it grind. That one maybe I can kind of understand since it was kind of a violent launch but still I don't it should be happening.

Here is what I've tired so far
1. Removed CDV from slave cyc
2. Mod CMC from K20z3allmotorftw
3. Acuity Shifter bushing
4. Heavy shift knob (TWM big type r sk)
5. Acuity short shiftier assembly
6. Amsoil trans fluid
7. Perrin RMM insert (this one I know its not suppose to help but I have it might as well is it, on the evo x it also had a 1-2 grind n some users said a aftermarket RMM would help it. It didn't on that car fwiw)

I have tried taking to a dealership once but I couldn't dup the issue while there, that's y I've been trying to fix it myself with what everyone is recommending.

I am lightly modded with FMIC, DP and Hondata ots map shouldn't matters as the car grind when bone stock since almost day 1

shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 STI, 15 CRV, 16 Civic RS Turbo, 18 Civic Type R
Country flag
Try the clutch rod adjustment mentioned in this thread.

wtam1100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Try the clutch rod adjustment mentioned in this thread.
Thanks for the suggestion but I did try that with the stock CMC. I don't like how it raises the engagement pt for the clutch for the modded CMC I just set it how it should feel and left it that way.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Thanks for the suggestion but I did try that with the stock CMC. I don't like how it raises the engagement pt for the clutch for the modded CMC I just set it how it should feel and left it that way.
complains about gear grinds > provides proper adjustment to help fix grinding > doesn't adjust as recommended > "why do I still get gear grinds?"

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes the clutch adjustment will help with that

Dumb question, but I'm certified in being mechanically stupid. How do you do this adjustment? Do you have to take the pedal off entirely?

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Dumb question, but I'm certified in being mechanically stupid. How do you do this adjustment? Do you have to take the pedal off entirely?
This is done inside your car underneath your dash/clutch pedal assembly. I have the clutch master removed here to record easier. Once you stuff your head underneath you'll see it's the same.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is done inside your car underneath your dash/clutch pedal assembly. I have the clutch master removed here to record easier. Once you stuff your head underneath you'll see it's the same.
OK, that makes sense. Now, how do you adjust it? Like, how do you get the nut loose enough to turn it?

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
OK, that makes sense. Now, how do you adjust it? Like, how do you get the nut loose enough to turn it?
I explain that in the video. Get an open ended 12 wrench. Loosen the jam nut by going clockwise. Turn the rod clockwise until you feel resistance. Add about a quarter turn after resistance. Tighten up the jam nut by going counterclockwise.

wtam1100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
complains about gear grinds > provides proper adjustment to help fix grinding > doesn't adjust as recommended > "why do I still get gear grinds?"
How do you know my CMC isn't properly adjusted? I'm not the only that has a modded CMC still talking about grinding? I'm complaining cus its a good car and it grinding been that way since day one n everything I've tried its still hasn't fixed it that's all I'm saying. Thank u for your suggestion.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
How do you know my CMC isn't properly adjusted? I'm not the only that has a modded CMC still talking about grinding? I'm complaining cus its a good car and it grinding been that way since day one n everything I've tried its still hasn't fixed it that's all I'm saying. Thank u for your suggestion.
Take pictures of your clutch master rod, amount of preload you added, and how much pedal stroke you added.

TheSnakeJake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
no need to be a dick. the 2nd gear grind is not clutch related. it is clearly a synchro problem.

Frackz

First Name
Snoop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2018 Audi RS3
Country flag
looks like there is now updated part numbers for the Clutch Master Cylinder (2020) not really sure if there are any actual differences.
part 46925-TEA-A22 isreplacing 46925-TEA-A21

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
looks like there is now updated part numbers for the Clutch Master Cylinder (2020) not really sure if there are any actual differences.
part 46925-TEA-A22 isreplacing 46925-TEA-A21
Interesting. Anyone who knows what they're doing willing to buy the new part and compare?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.