turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 Buick Grand National, 11 GTR, 18 CBP Type R, 11 Tundra Rock Warrior
Country flag
I would go to a different dealer.. an keep going until they duplicate it then lemon law it. That what people should do maybe if Honda gets a good bit of these back as lemon law cars they will wise up more I think an keep hearing this shit this car is going bye bye in the spring...
Sponsored

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honda was supposed to gain the younger demographic to maybe guys in there late 30’s.. with a decent percent of older gentleman an nothing against anyone here I don’t wanna offend people about there age so just putting that out there so everyone is cool... there not helping there putting people an dealers put people in these cars over sticker an I do feel for those people I have made that statement before I say an stand up for the people that paid over sticker because they bought the car based on the Honda brand an now there stuck an Honda dealers ran it you know where on them an know when we have issues they throw you to the curb real nice Honda. Stand behind your product like we stood behind you when we wait 20 years an everyone made gets sold. I am telling you guys whoever reads this an is in denial an so are that have these issues an just live with them an some don’t have the issues which I am glad for you. Stop stand up an speak your voice when you take it in tell them you paid good money for this product because of there name or whatever reason an just say your not leaving until it’s replicated.

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Someone or a group of people need to go to the news about this shit can’t have the biggest topic on this forum be about tranny issues an Honda does suit about it anyone near Pittsburgh having these issues I pm my number we can all do to dealer an tell them what’s up

jsyar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R, BMW 328xi, BMW X3
Country flag
So I took the advice of others on this forum and installed a different shifter knob. Specifically, I installed Honda part number 08U92-TEA-110. It's a replacement for the Type R. The knob is about 0.7 inches longer and about 22 grams heavier. I was pretty shocked at the improved shifting results and would offer this as another significant variable to the 2nd gear grind issue that we are experiencing. The increased leverage length coupled with the heavier weight overcomes the friction of the shifting mechanism resulting in a much smoother shifting experience. Here's some pics:
Honda Civic 10th gen The Infamous 2nd Gear Crunch IMG_2434.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen The Infamous 2nd Gear Crunch IMG_2435.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen The Infamous 2nd Gear Crunch IMG_2436.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen The Infamous 2nd Gear Crunch IMG_2437.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen The Infamous 2nd Gear Crunch IMG_2438.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen The Infamous 2nd Gear Crunch IMG_2439.JPG

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R Fk2 + Civic Type R Fk8
Country flag
That heavier knob acts as an extra filter (mass = inertia). It filters out forces to your hand. The gearbox does not change, you just feel less feedback/forces/vibration coming out of the gearbox. That leather does some filtering too.
Because it is heavier and longer it also slows down the knob movements (longer arm + more inertia).

Severedninja

First Name
Severed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My dealership gave me a lifetime powertrain warranty so although I don't get the grind anymore, I don't think I would have to worry as the dealer is going to do everything in their power to ensure they don't end up replacing my transmission. Some dealers like this are fighting for us and I have a case number through honda corporate as well as the dealership. I had a few gear grinds in the first thousand but kinda chalk it up to the tranny breaking in since they dont happen anymore. its a 2018.

mattymacaulay

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fk8 civic type r
Country flag
We really need to get some people to give the last 8 numbers of there vin’s an see if there closely numbered... Honda isn’t going to do jack s*** about this... yeah admit they have major trans issue with there prestigious type r. Honda knows this is not tape a sensor change a harness because it’s falling out type of fix... this is internal in the transmission.. if I was a betting man I would put a lot on it...

mattymacaulay

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fk8 civic type r
Country flag
We really need to get some people to give the last 8 numbers of there vin’s an see if there closely numbered... Honda isn’t going to do jack s*** about this... yeah admit they have major trans issue with there prestigious type r. Honda knows this is not tape a sensor change a harness because it’s falling out type of fix... this is internal in the transmission.. if I was a betting man I would put a lot on it...
I got a 2018 fk8 with 14000 km. I had second gear crunches and first gear lockouts right after that second gear crunch. I've reported it numerous times to Honda Canada . eventually the car would not stay in second gear . keeps grinding out . my dealer tells me Honda Canada won't cover it and it's users fault . left me with an 8900 transmission bill . the car has been in my garage sitting all winter while I pay for it every 2 weeks with no second gear

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah I would have drove the car through there front window of the dealership an threw the key at them an told them to keep it lmao

Severedninja

First Name
Severed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got a 2018 fk8 with 14000 km. I had second gear crunches and first gear lockouts right after that second gear crunch. I've reported it numerous times to Honda Canada . eventually the car would not stay in second gear . keeps grinding out . my dealer tells me Honda Canada won't cover it and it's users fault . left me with an 8900 transmission bill . the car has been in my garage sitting all winter while I pay for it every 2 weeks with no second gear
I don't understand how that could be user error? If you screwed second gear up that badly yourself then the rest of the gears would be screwed up. You would only need a new clutch if you drove it like an idiot and not a whole transmission on a new car. Try explaining this at another dealer that maybe isn't as slimy. They need to fix it under warranty and if it isn't remedied then file lemon law. I don't know how that works in Canada but if a single issued is unsuccessfully fixed 3 times then you can file a lemon law claim in the US. this changes state by state.

mattymacaulay

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fk8 civic type r
Country flag
I don't understand how that could be user error? If you screwed second gear up that badly yourself then the rest of the gears would be screwed up. You would only need a new clutch if you drove it like an idiot and not a whole transmission on a new car. Try explaining this at another dealer that maybe isn't as slimy. They need to fix it under warranty and if it isn't remedied then file lemon law. I don't know how that works in Canada but if a single issued is unsuccessfully fixed 3 times then you can file a lemon law claim in the US. this changes state by state.
they hooked the car up to the computer and what they told me was it is showing I miss shifted from fifth to second at 120 km . but I have a buddy that was told the exact same thing . he miss shifted so it's not covered. when I showed my buddy the video of the car grinding out of second he said it's the exact same issue he had . they left him the same 8900 $ bill so he went else where to get it fixed after fighting with Honda Canada and here it was just second gear and syncros .

Severedninja

First Name
Severed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
they hooked the car up to the computer and what they told me was it is showing I miss shifted from fifth to second at 120 km . but I have a buddy that was told the exact same thing . he miss shifted so it's not covered. when I showed my buddy the video of the car grinding out of second he said it's the exact same issue he had . they left him the same 8900 $ bill so he went else where to get it fixed after fighting with Honda Canada and here it was just second gear and syncros .
You need to report this dealer to corporate Honda. It's extremely slimy since they want to not have it covered so they can milk more money out of you. They are paid by Honda for warranty fixes but of course, they can simply charge you more than Honda will pay for a warranty fix so that they can make extra money off of you. Simply disgusting. Be sure to share the dealership name so everyone knows where not to go.

mattymacaulay

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fk8 civic type r
Country flag
they hooked the car up to the computer and what they told me was it is showing I miss shifted from fifth to second at 120 km . but I have a buddy that was told the exact same thing . he miss shifted so it's not covered. when I showed my buddy the video of the car grinding out of second he said it's the exact same issue he had . they left him the same 8900 $ bill so he went else where to get it fixed after fighting with Honda Canada and here it was just second gear and syncros .[/QUOT
You need to report this dealer to corporate Honda. It's extremely slimy since they want to not have it covered so they can milk more money out of you. They are paid by Honda for warranty fixes but of course, they can simply charge you more than Honda will pay for a warranty fix so that they can make extra money off of you. Simply disgusting. Be sure to share the dealership name so everyone knows where not to go.
the dealership .. Ramsay's Honda in Sydney nova Scotia told me Honda Canada requested them to have it hooked up to the computer and then have the results sent to them . the dealership also said they were getting ready to change the transmission and honda Canada called them and told them not to touch it that it's user fault . I miss shifted . it's not covered . I've had it escalated to the Honda techs and their decision was it is not covered . I rather have to fight it or suck it up and have it fixed else where . when I think about it .. I want to get hondata and other mods so my warranty y will probably be voided anyways. I made the mistake in taking it to Ramsay's dealership . it was the closest one to me. the one I got the car at is 4 hours away and I figured well when I tried to get one at Ramsay's they did not have one available so I figured well maybe they will help me . once Honda Canada made their Decision their was nothing either of the dealerships could do . they both told me it's up to Honda Canada .

Severedninja

First Name
Severed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
the dealership .. Ramsay's Honda in Sydney nova Scotia told me Honda Canada requested them to have it hooked up to the computer and then have the results sent to them . the dealership also said they were getting ready to change the transmission and honda Canada called them and told them not to touch it that it's user fault . I miss shifted . it's not covered . I've had it escalated to the Honda techs and their decision was it is not covered . I rather have to fight it or suck it up and have it fixed else where . when I think about it .. I want to get hondata and other mods so my warranty y will probably be voided anyways. I made the mistake in taking it to Ramsay's dealership . it was the closest one to me. the one I got the car at is 4 hours away and I figured well when I tried to get one at Ramsay's they did not have one available so I figured well maybe they will help me . once Honda Canada made their Decision their was nothing either of the dealerships could do . they both told me it's up to Honda Canada .
You should post a recorded statement on why Honda canada thinks its user error. Unless you actually did money shift it.

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes severedninja is right... I would ask for proof that you missed the shift or however they scan the car... an did you actually miss a shift? Like severedninja asked
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.