Status
Not open for further replies.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
IMO, every CTR owner with this issue should ask the dealer to flush the gear oil as the first step.
Totally agree! Will be asking my dealer when I go in for the first time.

EDIT: Can someone tell me how many quarts of tranny oil? Thinking about getting Amsoil

TheBigG

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2017, Kia Optima Sportswagon GT 2017
Country flag
...The fact that an oil flush solves the problem, points to that direction...

But it does not solve the problem. Some think it help a bit, others does not...

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R Fk2 + Civic Type R Fk8
Country flag
But it does not solve the problem. Some think it help a bit, others does not...
In that case we need statistics. How many did that and noticed an improvement, how many did not notice any difference?
Flushing the gear oil does not cost much and it will not harm anything. Unless you put the wrong oil ofcourse. Honda MTF-III is always good.

Vince126

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 CW Type R, Volt, Lancer Evolution IX (sold)
Country flag
I had the 2nd gear grind with high rpm and very quick shifts. So I had my MTF flushed out by the dealership (warrantied). Did about 6 launches in about a week, no grinds. Lets see if it'll come back after a few thousand kilometers.

lhonda200

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1995 Integra Gsr, 2004 Jeep Liberty
Country flag
I bought my R #1005 in June. My 2nd gear Low rpm grind, started on the drive home from the dealer.

After 500 miles when I started driving harder, I had a grind in almost every 1-2 quick shift. So I stopped shifting fast for another couple hundred miles.

Now with 2k miles. I no longer get a grind in any gear when fast shifting. Funny thing is I still have a random 1-2 low rpm grind, when just driving off from a stop casually, it's so random but very loud and awful when it happens.

I haven't flushed my trans yet. I'm going to talk to the dealer tomorrow about it.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
I've just picked up some Amsoil Synchromesh MTF. I hope my result will be similar to Vince126...will let you guys know

OP
OP
Ruckus

Ruckus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R. 2012 Honda Ruckus. 2001 civic sedan. 2012 accord sedan.
Country flag
Is that fluid warranty approved?
i know people "dont care" but the answer is no. when i was talking to my shop rep about a month ago about this issue and telling him i changed out the fluid the first thing he asked is if i put honda MTF back in. that being said the dealer would never know so it doesnt really matter. almost never in the real world (that ive experienced) do they send fluid out for testing

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
i know people "dont care" but the answer is no. when i was talking to my shop rep about a month ago about this issue and telling him i changed out the fluid the first thing he asked is if i put honda MTF back in. that being said the dealer would never know so it doesnt really matter. almost never in the real world (that ive experienced) do they send fluid out for testing
ok, a little update...I've had a friend change out the oil to Amsoil XL 100% synthetic and Amsoil Synchromesh MTF (also 100% synthetic), and so far after 200 miles, the car is very smooth.

EDIT: Just a heads up guys (some of you guys probably already know): not sure if this is true, but I'm sure couple guys on this forum and clarify...from my local Amsoil dealer: "Synthetic Blend" = less than 50% synthetic, "full synthetic" = a bit more than 50% synthetic & finally, Amsoil is 100% synthetic. So the phase "full synthetic" is not actually 100% synthetic! Sorry guys...this I never knew.

Last edited:

Fk8 4343

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic Type R, 17' CR-V Touring
Does it benefit the dealer to look for reasons to deny your warranty?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.