First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan GTR 2017 Honda Type R 1989 Porsche C4
Country flag
Thank you in advance :patriot: :coffee:
I am supposed to have a new transmission put in next week. Does your car "feel" the same after they completed your swap? Handling, ride, vibrations, rattles?

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
I am supposed to have a new transmission put in next week. Does your car "feel" the same after they completed your swap? Handling, ride, vibrations, rattles?
I didn't get mine done yet, but I would imagine everything will be the same. In terms of the dash rattles, tell the dealer about it and they will probably address those too.

erickreds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 civic si
I'll need substantial driving hours to determine a difference, why are you getting a new transmission ?

Gfrank

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'll need substantial driving hours to determine a difference, why are you getting a new transmission ?
My car has had the crunch since 50 miles on her...I have close to 4000 miles now and the issue is getting worse. My recent experience with the engineer was pretty awesome and he was able to duplicate the issue. Honda's resolution is to replace the transmission and I hope the clutch and related parts as well. However, I don't know if I will keep her after this is all done. Maybe try and trade it in on one with the updated transmission. Unless this particular batch of transmissions had issues. They want mine back for inspection..Man this is very frustrating and should not have happened. Seems like they knew about it all along. As a consumer, I was not aware and would have cancelled my deposit had I have known and waited for reviews. I have purchased many first year cars and never had this major issue with any of them.

pawnstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
My car currently has 1700 miles and its been put away for the year. But when I first purchased the vehicle I noticed 2nd gear didn't go in smoothly like other gears. I've experienced the grind once or twice and I thought it was me not pushing the clutch in all the way and I was driving normal. I definitely think there's issue with 2nd gear and I purchased amsoil tranny fluid to help fix the issue. Great to hear some of you are getting your transmission replaced.

Gfrank

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My car currently has 1700 miles and its been put away for the year. But when I first purchased the vehicle I noticed 2nd gear didn't go in smoothly like other gears. I've experienced the grind once or twice and I thought it was me not pushing the clutch in all the way and I was driving normal. I definitely think there's issue with 2nd gear and I purchased amsoil tranny fluid to help fix the issue. Great to hear some of you are getting your transmission replaced.
Is that really a good thing? Having the tech drop the sub frame remove the engine and transmission and related items in the interior? Then attempt to put it back together as the factory has? I know in the reality of life this is a very minor thing and your health and being happy is the only thing that matters, but as car people, this is inexcusable.

erickreds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 civic si
My car has had the crunch since 50 miles on her...I have close to 4000 miles now and the issue is getting worse. My recent experience with the engineer was pretty awesome and he was able to duplicate the issue. Honda's resolution is to replace the transmission and I hope the clutch and related parts as well. However, I don't know if I will keep her after this is all done. Maybe try and trade it in on one with the updated transmission. Unless this particular batch of transmissions had issues. They want mine back for inspection..Man this is very frustrating and should not have happened. Seems like they knew about it all along. As a consumer, I was not aware and would have cancelled my deposit had I have known and waited for reviews. I have purchased many first year cars and never had this major issue with any of them.
I was told the clutch would not be replaced , I too felt remorse when this happened. Unfortunately for me I paid adm , so I don't have the option to just trade it in.

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
I was told the clutch would not be replaced , I too felt remorse when this happened. Unfortunately for me I paid adm , so I don't have the option to just trade it in.
Well, dealers and private owners are essentially charging ADM on used 2017's, so . . . . .

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
Not sure what you mean exactly
In other words, dealers and private owners are asking $40k for used 2017’s right now. This means that you will likely recover at least a good portion of the ADM you paid, hopefully less than $5k. If you’re trading in instead of doing a private sale, you’d have to negotiate hard. Just look on Autotrader or Cars.com and you’ll see what I’m talking about.

Stealers are arguing that first year CTRs are more valuable than 2018

Good luck!

erickreds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 civic si
In other words, dealers and private owners are asking $40k for used 2017’s right now. This means that you will likely recover at least a good portion of the ADM you paid, hopefully less than $5k. If you’re trading in instead of doing a private sale, you’d have to negotiate hard. Just look on Autotrader or Cars.com and you’ll see what I’m talking about.

Stealers are arguing that first year CTRs are more valuable than 2018

Good luck!
Im going to stick with mine for now, thanks for the info however

erickreds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 civic si
Is that really a good thing? Having the tech drop the sub frame remove the engine and transmission and related items in the interior? Then attempt to put it back together as the factory has? I know in the reality of life this is a very minor thing and your health and being happy is the only thing that matters, but as car people, this is inexcusable.
This actually bothers me , knowing my car had been altered from factory form ,

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R Fk2 + Civic Type R Fk8
Country flag
So, is low gear oil level the rootcause or not?
I thought someone was checking that out. The fact that an oil flush solves the problem, points to that direction. Or they put the wrong oil in the gearbox in the factory?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.