The Fortune Auto Coilover Kit for the 10th Gen Civic Si is about to launch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
Sounds like you have the experience to speak on the topic!

they either build everything in house (for 510 up to dreads) or they get made to spec dampers and springs (500 series) from a reliable overseas supplier and then dyno match and adjust valving in house. their pricing is a huge bargain. dealing with bilstein (UGH), KW (pretty ugh. if you aren't running clubsports or higher they don't care), and koni (except for the koni race division and truechoice) is just not worth the time.
Sponsored

Lunarsilver17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
For the 500 series, if sticking with default 9k rate, would there be an advantage to upgrading to the Swift front springs? What is the difference in them and Fortune's spring? Also see they offer the error canceller by HKS. It was the only standalone solution a while back, that still the case?

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
For the 500 series, if sticking with default 9k rate, would there be an advantage to upgrading to the Swift front springs? What is the difference in them and Fortune's spring? Also see they offer the error canceller by HKS. It was the only standalone solution a while back, that still the case?
Of course you can upgrade. If your gonna track your car a higher spring rate will be better. If you live in a rocky road city like me (nyc) 9k will be fine. If you wanna be lowered a higher spring rate will be better. 10-12k. HKS still your best bet.

Zodd

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic sport 1.5t 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
jesus christ on my previus car i had 8k on coilovers and it was hard for daily, my gf was really whining when whe drive ;) now i have 7k/5k and it is ok for daily i cant imagine 12k :O

Zodd

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic sport 1.5t 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
previus car had v-maxx coilovers 8k probably same company made dampers, maybe it was stiff cuz car only weighted 2300lbs

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
it also depends on where the suspension is mounted, the geometry and the weight of the car. It's not just spring rates that make the ride harsh or soft.
That said, I hope they're working on a non-ctr hatch kit. Would love me a set of coil overs.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.