The Fortune Auto Coilover Kit for the 10th Gen Civic Si is about to launch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
Great news for 10th Gen CivicX Si owners... Fortune Auto is about to launch their coilover line for the platform!

Honda Civic 10th gen The Fortune Auto Coilover Kit for the 10th Gen Civic Si is about to launch! fortune_auto_gen_6-1

For those of you unfamiliar with the brand name:

"Fortune Auto is one of the few US based suspension companies that actually inspects, assembles and services shocks in the USA. We are the only company that offers this on height/damping adjustable coilovers at our price point.

Our shock assembly and service center uses multiple state of the art Roehrig 2VS shock dynos that help us calibrate and match all Fortune Auto shocks before being shipped out. We also use the dyno for thoroughly testing, researching, and developing new products before they go into production.

Fortune's team of designers, engineers, and assembly technicians are our biggest strength. Through our staff’s hard work and progressive mindset, we are able to push the boundaries of damper technology and continuously refine our products. The passion to be the best shows in our suspension products. All dampers are designed, assembled, tested, and meticulously quality controlled in house."

Honda Civic 10th gen The Fortune Auto Coilover Kit for the 10th Gen Civic Si is about to launch! day01_04

Our Experience:

We have previously used Fortune Auto Coilovers on race vehicles and, truth be told, as we started approaching the 12 second quarter mile time, we really began to understand the limitations of the stock system and longed for a system with more longevity. It seem like the wait is almost over.

We wanted to make everyone aware that the kits are available for ordering: FA500-FC: 1324.00
Ordering now will ensure you receive from the first batch made and these will ship 2-3 weeks from the date the order is placed (all Fortune Auto are final assembled in house at the time of the order being placed)

The spring rates are 9k/8k and the rear cannot be changed

Message me if you have ANY questions!

Honda Civic 10th gen The Fortune Auto Coilover Kit for the 10th Gen Civic Si is about to launch! Graph500v4-2

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any word on whether or not these will play nicely with the electronic dampening system on our cars?
My guess is no.

That said this is great news for folks who track their cars... Fortune Auto is a great "budget" coil manufacture. The only I have seen with made to spec backed by shock dyno results coils for under 1400ish bucks. Ran a set on a previous car and I had friends consistently ask me how the ride was so good on coils.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Any word on whether or not these will play nicely with the electronic dampening system on our cars?
IIRC, the actuators need to be removed from the shock/strut bodies and placed out of the way. And I don't know if can easily be done on the Si.

On other platforms like the 9th Gen CTR and VW GTI, we'd see manufacturers provide defoulers or signal cancelers for the ADS - the latter being much more expensive.

For 1400, I agree this is a solid setup. Glad to see Fortune jumping on the bandwagon. :cool:

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
I tend to agree with Mavic on both counts. I have fired off an email, on your behalf, to determine the specifics!

My guess is no.

That said this is great news for folks who track their cars... Fortune Auto is a great "budget" coil manufacture. The only I have seen with made to spec backed by shock dyno results coils for under 1400ish bucks. Ran a set on a previous car and I had friends consistently ask me how the ride was so good on coils.

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
Just head word back.

Fortune Auto reports: "Unfortunately with our system it doesn't come with the ability to disable the active suspension, you'd just have to toggle over in the menus and turn it off every time you start the vehicle. You can run a cancellation device if that is available for a different manufacturer. "

So that might be a possibility... something I will look into further. Depending on your choice of tuner, there are a lot of ways this could be overcome.

As for my PERSONAL question about the spring rate and why it cannot be changed, the response: "It is because the rear spring design is a unique shape and size, and not like the normal linear springs like the front, so we only carry that specific spring rate for that particular car. "

Which would absolutely explain why the development took a bit longer than I would have originally imagined.

farqt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 si
Country flag
I run fortune on my project car and have worked with them extensively. Everyone at fortune is beyonr awesome, and all parts are extremely high quality. (In particular i have known that this set was in testing as of 6 months ago when i wasdeciding on the si vs competitors..)

That said, if you are serious about your suspension, wait for the 510 series application, and run swifts and helpers up front.

The rear sprengs are likely a clever design. My other application has a unique conical design on the rear torsion beam.

LightX

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
If the rear are 8k spring rate, would it make sense to run 7k spring rate front. FWD are better to have softer front and stiffer rear, right?

farqt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 si
Country flag
stick to 9k or more unless you have extensive experience with controlling oversteer.

also keep in mind that these are serious spring rates; because you have to go 8k in the rear, the ride is going to be _brutal_ on the street.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Just head word back.

Fortune Auto reports: "Unfortunately with our system it doesn't come with the ability to disable the active suspension, you'd just have to toggle over in the menus and turn it off every time you start the vehicle. You can run a cancellation device if that is available for a different manufacturer. "

So that might be a possibility... something I will look into further. Depending on your choice of tuner, there are a lot of ways this could be overcome.
The ADS unit is independent of the ECU; I don't believe our tuners have the ability to bypass.

I just recently posted KW's solution for the CTR. I'm due to contact them this week if time permits. I'll ask them if they plan to release a similar solution for the Si. Though they typically don't market their products on platforms that are USDM exclusive.

https://www.civicx.com/threads/suspension-gurus-fk8-cancellation-units-now-available.29706/

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
I am so sorry to be responding so late to this thread.

the guys at Fortune Auto are super awesome and I am also looking forward to the 510 release.

I run fortune on my project car and have worked with them extensively. Everyone at fortune is beyonr awesome, and all parts are extremely high quality. (In particular i have known that this set was in testing as of 6 months ago when i wasdeciding on the si vs competitors..)

That said, if you are serious about your suspension, wait for the 510 series application, and run swifts and helpers up front.

The rear sprengs are likely a clever design. My other application has a unique conical design on the rear torsion beam.

e85sbm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Looks like a quality setup, but the spring rates are super high for street use

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
Nice thing with Fortune is you can actually get any custom spring rate you want. As long as you let us know what you prefer before ordering, that can be requested and built to order.

Looks like a quality setup, but the spring rates are super high for street use

farqt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 si
Country flag
the rear rates are fixed because of of the non-standard spring diameter and length. they have to order a ton of custom springs so they ended up settling on a single rate that works well with the CTR and/or with a track prepped Si.

someone needs to figure out the motion ratios of of the Si sedan and coupe in order to determine what the front rates should be for a neutral setup. they will be high though. running say 4k up front and 8k rear is going to yield a very tail happy car.

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
Nice thing with Fortune is you can actually get any custom spring rate you want. As long as you let us know what you prefer before ordering, that can be requested and built to order.
Sorry ...

You can't get any spring rate you want ... because you said so in your previous posts, the rear only comes in one rate.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.