The 10th gen Civic is a great car (14 month mini-review)

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I hadn't driven my car for a couple days and it sure felt good to hop in and take a ride today. Honda knocked it out of the park with this gen. From the base 2.0 cars to the Type R, there's really a Civic for everyone.

I love my EX-L sedan. It's comfortable and roomy. It looks sharp. It handles pretty well. It's capable of great gas mileage (even tuned, I average 38mpg+). In stock form, the turbo/CVT combo is well matched and fairly peppy. With the +6 tune I'm running, I have power to keep up with (and easily pass) 95% of the cars on the road no matter what speed. It's just a solid car all around.

Is it perfect? Well, no. But my complaints are few. Believe it or not, I guess I'm one of the few that doesn't dislike the infotainment system. My only complaint is having to go on screen to work the manual climate controls. And for me, the steering wheel volume control is a way cool solution. The sheetmetal is kind of thin but it's a lightweight economy car, right? And surprisingly, after not liking the CVT at first (never had one before), I've grown to appreciate how good a job Honda did with it overall.

My favorite feature? Brake hold believe or not. I stand on my feet all day at my job and it's nice to just be able to stretch your legs out at some of the long stoplights I hit going home.

Best all around car for the money, no doubt. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
I agree, about to hit 40k miles on my Sport and it's one of Honda's all-time greats, imo.

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
:thumbsup: I agree. I like the touchscreen now that I adjusted sensitivity level to high...seems more responsive. Compared to competition within it's class, nothing else is on par with the Civic. It's a nice blend of HP & MPG. All the other cars I researched(Corolla, Elantra, Impreza, Mazda 3) can't match that. Coming from a lemon Cruze, this car impressed me and I hope to keep it 10+ years. My complaints are minimal and ones I can live with.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My CivicX reminds me of my Acura RSX Premium.

I'm loving it and like my RSX one thing I expected is better QUALITY. Especially the price of my Sport Touring. I don't know why but just expected more since it was assembled in UK.

I would have more fun if we didn't have this BS street racing law where basically I'm focked if I get busterover 50km.

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
Mine hit 25K yesterday...Im very happy with the car.

Dying2Live

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag
great car

Sticks

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Touring, 2016 Corvette Z51, 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Country flag
I've only had mine 3 months/1700 miles, but so far agree with your review 99%. Thanks for the input. Makes me comfortable for at least another eleven months! :) Where I disagree with you is the Infotainment thing is a little weak. Does some cool stuff that my other cars don't, but it is so frigging slow, and often unresponsive to input. I'm gonna wear out my right index finger stabbing that sucker to respond! :)

But, agree. A great car. A lot of car for the $$'s.

MichaelC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
I agree... loved my 2016 EX-T so much that I didn't hesitate to buy what is essentially the exact same car again (hatchback this time) when we needed to shuffle some cars around after our old 2006 Civic was wrecked.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm glad for all you guys ,but my car is in the shop now for the sixth time this year, and that makes about 15 times total in the little under a year and a half I've had it. All kinds of electronical issues,and now the a.c..
Most were fixed, however not all.

Ionnaeus

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Hatchback
One of those wasn't the mysterious windows roll down when no one is around was it?

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
One of those wasn't the mysterious windows roll down when no one is around was it?
Na, I have never had that happen. All my issues have been in the head unit,one-way or another, climate control issues, defrosters and heated seats not coming on in the winter time,radio freaking out going blank. That kind of stuff

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
would someone tell me exactly what does apple carplay do? I have it in my 2016 civic coupe, but I'm not familiar with what it is.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
would someone tell me exactly what does apple carplay do? I have it in my 2016 civic coupe, but I'm not familiar with what it is.
Do you have an iphone? Apple Carplay is apple's version of Android Auto. When a compatible iphone is plugged into the car via the main USB port the touchscreen can become essentially a mirror of the phone screen for accessing music, apple maps, text messages, phone calls, etc. The ios update coming this fall will add third party app support for google maps and others.

All that aside and back to the original topic, i've had my EXT coupe about a year and a half now and have loved every moment. Having owned 5 other models of civic over the years this is by far my favorite for the class leading performance and good day to day mpg. There are a few minor little things, but hardly anything to write home about. When my lease is up on this car i'm hoping to get a 2019, or 2020 civic coupe EXT again but finance to own instead of lease so that i can do some performance upgrades and enjoy the car even more!

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
no iphone but I do have an ipod. plugged in the USB in the car and it came up on the display, song title, artist, everything. so cool
Sponsored