Test drove used 2016 "EX-T" with leather

Ripper3785

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP EX-L Sedan CVT
Country flag
We test drove a used 2016 on Saturday-This one. I was surprised when we got into the vehicle that it was all leather. I had just assumed it was a typo on the ad, but I checked the VIN with the decoder today and see that it says it's an EX-T. I didn't physically verify the VIN myself, maybe they typo'ed that? I did also notice when they popped the hood that 4 plastic clips above one of the headlights was missing, and I'd think this usually indicates prior fender bender despite them saying clean car fax.(but with what VIN?)

There wasn't a speck of cloth anything in the car. I thought the main(only?) difference with the EX-T vs EX-L was cloth v. leather? Am I wrong?

Anyway, not really interested in this individual car, just wanted the opportunity to drive the 1.5T to see what it felt like without letting any of the Honda dealerships know I'm interested in a Civic yet. That part was a success, and the Porsche dealership was no hassle at all.
Sponsored

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
We test drove a used 2016 on Saturday-This one. I was surprised when we got into the vehicle that it was all leather. I had just assumed it was a typo on the ad, but I checked the VIN with the decoder today and see that it says it's an EX-T. I didn't physically verify the VIN myself, maybe they typo'ed that? I did also notice when they popped the hood that 4 plastic clips above one of the headlights was missing, and I'd think this usually indicates prior fender bender despite them saying clean car fax.(but with what VIN?)

There wasn't a speck of cloth anything in the car. I thought the main(only?) difference with the EX-T vs EX-L was cloth v. leather? Am I wrong?

Anyway, not really interested in this individual car, just wanted the opportunity to drive the 1.5T to see what it felt like without letting any of the Honda dealerships know I'm interested in a Civic yet. That part was a success, and the Porsche dealership was no hassle at all.
The EX-L has leather + navigation, which also includes more advanced voice controls (climate) over the EX-T.

Most likely someone bought an EX-T and added leather to it.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP

Ripper3785

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP EX-L Sedan CVT
Country flag
Previous owner/dealer def. could have installed leather.

Easiest way to tell - was the drivers seat powered?
Thanks for the reply. The drivers seat was NOT powered so guess it truly was an EX-T. Not a lick of cloth anywhere on the inside, except the floor carpet. I guess people who trade in Civics for a Porsche do strange things.(or their Honda dealer did) Vehicle came from Seattle area.

Anyone want to throw in their guess why the 4 plastic clips above the pass. headlight were missing? (this left the hood seal dangling about)

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
Botched headlight upgrade?

Our headlights suck.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the reply. The drivers seat was NOT powered so guess it truly was an EX-T. Not a lick of cloth anywhere on the inside, except the floor carpet. I guess people who trade in Civics for a Porsche do strange things.(or their Honda dealer did) Vehicle came from Seattle area.

Anyone want to throw in their guess why the 4 plastic clips above the pass. headlight were missing? (this left the hood seal dangling about)
The headlight theory is definitely not out of the realm of plausibility.

Gotta make the Civic stand out against the rest at the Porsche dealer I guess lol
Sponsored