Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
  • Banned
I was on the fence but after test driving - I must have one. It was everything people said and more. I could floor it and there would be very little drama - I would just go faster. Car handled like it was on rails but the ride wasn't rough at all.

Some minor niggles - this was a used one and after a year, there was bubbling on the window seals at the top edge of the side windows. It did not look good. I don't know if this was unique to this Type R or if the build quality in general is kind of sketchy. Rim damage looked to be a real issue - these ones looked a bit worked over. The shifter was amazing but my hand kept brushing the center stack. The seats were snug and since it's 100 degrees or so today I got the beginnings of swamp ass pretty quickly. The auto-downshift thing was weird - mostly cool, but I kept trying to heel-toe anyways. One time I tried to downshift without blipping the throttle and the shifter bounced out of gear.

Anyways, I'm super envious of you all and now the only question is what color I want. I thought white, but after seeing Black I liked the black better. And some pictures of PMM look killer, but I haven't seen it in person yet. I'm not interested in red and I think Blue is a booby prize color - tolerable, but not anything special.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
  • Banned
My 2nd car was Nighthawk Black Pearl. I know it's a headache, but I think it's worth it. And for the times it's not worth it - I really don't mind driving a dirty car.

Z06_Pilot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR #15484 | Corvette Z06's | Toyota Tundra #2, | Mini Cooper Countryman Works edition | Can-Am Spyder | Ducati X-Diavel
Country flag

rockymtntypeR

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
PMM looks the best when it’s clean and when it’s dirty in my opinion, depending on your age it helps hide how unique this car looks. Just my thoughts on color. I’ve always said if I could have drove one before I purchased I would have been willing to pay a markup. Good look with your hunt for a CTR!

Honda Civic 10th gen Test drove a R 842AF259-23F5-43D0-9965-926CB99D8C3F

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
PMM looks the best when it’s clean and when it’s dirty in my opinion, depending on your age it helps hide how unique this car looks. Just my thoughts on color. I’ve always said if I could have drove one before I purchased I would have been willing to pay a markup. Good look with your hunt for a CTR!

842AF259-23F5-43D0-9965-926CB99D8C3F.jpeg
What size tires are those?

Aero2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX, 2010, 6MT
Country flag
I've had a PMM Acura TSX for almost nine years, and it's great IMO. It does hide dirt, dings, and the like, which is good because I often park on the street in downtown Philly. I try to avoid parking under trees, because PMM can't hide bird crap, leaves, etc. If I get a CTR, I'll want PMM for these reasons, and to maintain the lowest possible profile. If not, I'll go for the blue. At least it will be easier to find in parking lots.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
What’s the tread wear on those? Do you think it’s easier to stay on the 20s and just buy all seasons for 35 series instead of downsizing wheels? I see with that size your speed is off. Going 60 shows 62.89

255/35/20 all season tires cause I live in the mountains, rides and handles so much better in my opinion and I don’t have to worry about damaging a wheel either

rockymtntypeR

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
What’s the tread wear on those? Do you think it’s easier to stay on the 20s and just buy all seasons for 35 series instead of downsizing wheels? I see with that size your speed is off. Going 60 shows 62.89
It’s a 45k tire and yes the speed is off by a few mph, I’m working with a local dealer on how to re-calibrate the speed, I personally like the 20’s and didn’t want to change to a different rim size, that could change in the future but right now I’m more focused on motor upgrades instead of dropping 3K on new rims and tires

Maverick1

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
I agree PMM is best at hiding the dust and dirt, and looks great to boot.
It's too bad Honda doesn't offer PMM in Canada, so my next choice will have to be white.
I'm hoping they will bring PMM to Canada for the 2019 model year.
Also hoping the 2019's will come on smaller wheels, with higher profile tires.

OP
OP

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
I just put a deposit down on a 2019 CTR. Soon I can pretend that I also don't know who's driving that hideous car out in the parking lot at work. It's CW. I got a good deal, so I wasn't too picky about color. Anyways, CW is either my favorite or tied for favorite, so I'm good with it.

I hope the 2019 has some meaningful change - as little as a volume knob like in the Insight, as much as smaller wheels with fatter tires and adding Honda Sensing as an option. Oh, and more power.
Sponsored