First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
What do you think about Tesla 3?

I read many good reviews on this car. I drove the Model S and it was a beast. Not sure about its cornering ability becsise I only did straight line acceleration and it was incredible. In Canada, I just started to see a few Model 3 on the road a few weeks ago.
Sponsored

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Tesla kicked the rumor mill saying the 3 would be in the 30k range, then it jumped to 40k range. They then started taking $1000 deposits. Then they announced the first run of available vehicles will require packaged options (increased capacity/range) that increase the price to $50k range. They have had quality issues across the lineup. Power wall is a joke.

Still, their cars definitely turn heads.

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
I'd really like to see Tesla succeed.

I think electric cars are the way forward. I'm all for people that don't give a crap about owning a car, having an autonomous electric car, so that those of us that enjoy driving have gas for decades to come.

Elon might be 20 years too early though.

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
Honda Clarity is electric and much, much cheaper then a Tesla.
Unfortunately, it suffers from Prius-itis ... it's ugly as sin.

Dear Honda, give us an all electric Civic/Accord, quit playing to the niche eco crowd.

OP
OP

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
My friend just bought one.
Below prices are all in Canadian funding.
Base price = $45K, then $10K premium package, $10K extended ramge, $10K self-drive. So, $75K plus tax.
In Canada, there is a $14K rebate from the government.

Almostfast

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Sport Touring
Country flag
My friend just bought one.
Below prices are all in Canadian funding.
Base price = $45K, then $10K premium package, $10K extended ramge, $10K self-drive. So, $75K plus tax.
In Canada, there is a $14K rebate from the government.
At that point wouldn't you just get a model S?

bri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2010 G37S
Country flag
I'm rooting for Tesla but have lost the desire to use my reservation on the $50k model, in this 2+ yr long wait where my turn still hasn't come (in California and placed on 3rd day of reservations). Breaking point was sitting in floor model at the Tesla store and seeing the ridiculously poor build quality and quality control and complete absence of hard controls.

OP
OP

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Breaking point was sitting in floor model at the Tesla store and seeing the ridiculously poor build quality and quality control and complete absence of hard controls.
I never saw a Model 3 up close. No idea on the build quality.

I think the build quality of my SI is quite bad already. Every time I open the door, I see the weld point (more like a line) on the door.

jms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring Coupe, '21 Honda Accord Touring
Country flag
I just picked up my new Tesla 3 a couple days ago. I absolutely love this car. I got the long range, full auto pilot version. I've never been a fan of luxury cars as I find them a stupid waste of money. The reason my wife and I got the new Tesla was purely due to the fact that it has autopilot and it's one of the safest cars around. My wife has epilepsy, so I wanted her to have a car that I feel would be the safest for her. The fact that is does 0-60 in 4.5 seconds is icing on the cake, lol.

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I just picked up my new Tesla 3 a couple days ago. I absolutely love this car. I got the long range, full auto pilot version. I've never been a fan of luxury cars as I find them a stupid waste of money. The reason my wife and I got the new Tesla was purely due to the fact that it has autopilot and it's one of the safest cars around. My wife has epilepsy, so I wanted her to have a car that I feel would be the safest for her. The fact that is does 0-60 in 4.5 seconds is icing on the cake, lol.
Any pictures?

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
I love the Model 3 and its relative practicality as an electric car, but I think having just having one giant flat screen that is off to the side would get annoying fast. Went out to lunch with a coworker in his Model 3 and he kept tilting his head to look at the speedo on the screen. Maybe you woukd eventually get used to it but I like having a set of gauges in front of me. Thats why if I ever get a Tesla, it would be a Model S.

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love the Model 3 and its relative practicality as an electric car, but I think having just having one giant flat screen that is off to the side would get annoying fast. Went out to lunch with a coworker in his Model 3 and he kept tilting his head to look at the speedo on the screen. Maybe you woukd eventually get used to it but I like having a set of gauges in front of me. Thats why if I ever get a Tesla, it would be a Model S.
I agree on the lack of a speedo in front of me... cant stand that. THey could easily add a hud with the speedo and solve that... but they havent lol

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
Country flag
I must agree that is unsettling to not have a legacy instrument panel....like not having a volume knob!!! HAHAHA But since the philosophy of Tesla is a driverless car, it makes total sense to ditch the instrument panel.

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
If i have my own house and have the charger, I would get one. You can charge them for free at a lot of places right now in California.Though, I wish the charging time is shorter.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
I must agree that is unsettling to not have a legacy instrument panel....like not having a volume knob!!! HAHAHA But since the philosophy of Tesla is a driverless car, it makes total sense to ditch the instrument panel.
Not really true. Full driverless vehicles won't be implemented for at least 5-6 years at minimum but probably more. While Autopilot is impressive, its mainly meant for use on the highway, not for city/suburban driving and stop/go traffic. For the 90% of the time I drive without autopilot then, I would like to have a cluster in front of me, there's nothing "legacy" about it. Also, Tesla Model 3 is the only car in the world to have this setup, even Model S and Model X have a full LCD cluster in front of you.
Sponsored