Technical Service Bulletin TSB FIX for 2016 Civic Audio Issues

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
He's just a bit sore because he was talking smack in another thread, but that's besides the point. I'm only here for answers. Dick w, you are correct. I am a salesperson at a Honda dealer, not a Honda rep or working with corporate. Usually consumers know about things before we as salespeople do. I just asked my service dept today and even they don't know of any glitches with the infotainment system. It doesn't help that they don't want to really look at my vehicle because they see me as a salesperson, rather than the obvious fact that I am also a customer.
I'm not he, and I'm not "sore" about anything thanks :) nor was I talking smack. Sorry of you didn't like me giving people a better alternative for lighting besides your higher priced knock offs site :)
Sponsored

Mistahoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GS350, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Accord Touring
I'm not he, and I'm not "sore" about anything thanks :) nor was I talking smack. Sorry of you didn't like me giving people a better alternative for lighting besides your higher priced knock offs site :)
*sigh* unfortunately I am not the only one who recommends lights from that particular company. Search the forums and low and behold! You've found gold! Knockoffs are out there for everything.. Sorry you don't like it when people recommend a product they're fond of. It's okay to let everyone know your the big bad cyber bully :rofl:

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
*sigh* unfortunately I am not the only one who recommends lights from that particular company. Search the forums and low and behold! You've found gold! Knockoffs are out there for everything.. Sorry you don't like it when people recommend a product they've found to be fond of. It's okay to let everyone know your the big bad cyber bully :rofl:
Smh let it go. I know it's hard to deal with being shown up by a woman. Get over it sweetie :lol: :crazy: :rolleyes: :sleep:

Mistahoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GS350, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Accord Touring
Smh let it go. I know it's hard to deal with being shown up by a woman. Get over it sweetie :lol: :crazy: :rolleyes: :sleep:
Lol it's not gender that matters. It's the fact you're so quick to shoot people and companies down when another alternative to your recommendation is offered. Even to where you degrade a company and members of a forum, and continually harass on separate threads. We are all here to "share our experiences" and "learn more about our cars". I'm sorry if you took that the wrong way as typed words can often be misconstrued with emotion. I'm not here to bash you, but figure more out about these cars as even though "I work for Honda, I should know", but I am only human and seeking more information to better myself and my customers as well. Thank you for understanding

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Lol it's not gender that matters. It's the fact you're so quick to shoot people and companies down when another alternative to your recommendation is offered. Even to where you degrade a company and members of a forum, and continually harass on separate threads. We are all here to "share our experiences" and "learn more about our cars". I'm sorry if you took that the wrong way as typed words can often be misconstrued with emotion. I'm not here to bash you, but figure more out about these cars as even though "I work for Honda, I should know", but I am only human and seeking more information to better myself and my customers as well. Thank you for understanding
Let......... it......... goooo........... move on :) peace be with you

Robert Monde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Thank you! With all the electronics this machine has running through it, I hope there are no other issues (especially with the electronic braking, steering, cruise control, or ignition systems which could be a disaster on the highway or in critical traffic situation). I think there just may be too much in the way of electronic systems with these new type of vehicles.

Honda has posted this information:

DATE: January 8, 2016
TO: All Honda Sales, Service & Parts Managers and Personnel
Re: Product Update: 2016 Civic Audio Amplifier

Today, January 08, 2016, American Honda Motor Co., Inc. is announcing a product update for 3,703 model year 2016 Civic vehicles to improve the programming of the audio amplifier.

Basic Problem

An error in the power amplifier DSP (Digital Signal Processor) boot-up software may cause failed initialization at engine start, resulting in muted condition and no audio sound.

The Repair

Apply updated DSP Audio Software Version 3.50 to the audio amplifier via USB memory stick to affected units. A vehicle production line countermeasure was applied starting December 18, 2015 at HCM and December 16, 2015 at HMIN.

Service Bulletin

Service bulletin 16-001, Product Update: 2016 Civic Audio Amplifier has been posted to the Service Information System today in support of this campaign. It includes information on the tool (USB memory stick), warranty and repair procedure information related to this product update.

Parts Information

There are no parts associated with this product update.

Tools Information

Your dealership will receive a package directly from Pioneer with a USB Memory Device/Stick providing the C/M DSP Audio Software Version 3.50. The package will be arriving addressed to the Service Manager/ Service Bulletin 16-001 and will have the following information on the label:

ATTENTION

SERVICE MANAGER

Service Bulletin: 16-001

Client Notification

American Honda expects to notify owners of affected vehicles by the middle of February 2016.

As always, please make sure to check iN VIN status to determine if a particular vehicle is eligible for this product update.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Os bug... ahhhh. So wierd that even the $1000 audio car receivers dont have 1/10 power of a cheap $50 tablet. Would love a Tab S 10.5 as my cars computer audio system.

Last edited:

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Os bug... ahhhh. So wierd that even the $1000 audio car receivers dont have 1/10 power of a cheap $50 tablet. Would love a Tab S 10.5 as my cars computer audio system.
But this one has to do things a tab S cannot do, it runs a lot of different things in the car besides music

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Would love a Tab S 10.5 as my cars computer audio system.
I would hate that. Unless you mean a Tab S hooked up to an amplifier with satellite radio, FM radio, plus speakers, and installation. But then you would be back to about $1000 anyway.

TabsAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
But this one has to do things a tab S cannot do, it runs a lot of different things in the car besides music
Ultimately it's all just 1s and 0s being processed by a CPU though - more powerful hardware would just make all of it easier and faster to do.

Trellaine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EX with Honda sensor (nov 16) :)
Sorry late to the party but is this for touring models only? How can I check my vehicle?

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ultimately it's all just 1s and 0s being processed by a CPU though - more powerful hardware would just make all of it easier and faster to do.
Yes that's the meaning I was trying to point out. A more powerful hardware with an high res screen. Then it would have wifi and play movies and do anything. Gps have a memory card slot for expansion. Upgrading OS easy with rooting options. ;) hahaha. Or heck put everything back in a double level dash like 9th gen and put a stock amp in with a ipad or Tab S2 mounted in the dash for straight up entertainment.

reheat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring
Country flag
Anyone found the screen to check the current version? I messed around a bit but couldn't find it.
Sponsored