carsrmilife

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring(TRADED)
Country flag
As we all know, the factory subwoofer in the hatch is flat out pathetic. To remedy this, I bought a Kicker Hideaway. Oddly, they use line level connections but can use LOC with an RCA adapter spliced in, even though they say it is designed for the former.

My question is, has anybody tapped into the sub wires (red and white) to feed an amp/LOC? I started yesterday and will be wrapping up this weekend. Curious if this has been done, in case it doesn't work, so I can know if its that or not, having never used a factory sub feed before. Or maybe im rusty and this wont work at all.

I've done a couple hours worth of searching, reading and watching things done, but never came across this. TIA
Sponsored

kobaltz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI | 2018 Odyssey EX-L
I got the LC2i and wired it into my front left and front right speakers and ran the 4 wires to the output of the factory amplifier. The subwoofer line has a pretty steep low pass filter cutoff. I've heard that tapping into the subwoofer lines will sound abnormal.

OP
OP

carsrmilife

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I got the LC2i and wired it into my front left and front right speakers and ran the 4 wires to the output of the factory amplifier. The subwoofer line has a pretty steep low pass filter cutoff. I've heard that tapping into the subwoofer lines will sound abnormal.
I’ve noticed that a majority of people seem to use those on here. Just seems like overkill for my simple application. The sub did work, but sounded blown from the box so I’ve sent it back for an exchange. With the adjustments on the sub, it seemed like I had a decent amount of adjustment. Where is the wiring harness for the speakers at? Under the trim I assume? Or did you tap into them at he speaker connection?

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I used the Sub out put for my set up on the LC2i and have zero issues with the sub output .. now when I only wired it into one input of the LC2i that when the sound was off a bit.. but when I wired it like in this picture it worked great.

Honda Civic 10th gen Tapping into factory sub lines ctr_sw3-

OP
OP

carsrmilife

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I used the Sub out put for my set up on the LC2i and have zero issues with the sub output .. now when I only wired it into one input of the LC2i that when the sound was off a bit.. but when I wired it like in this picture it worked great.

ctr_sw3-jpg.jpg
Okay sweet. That is how I wired mine as well, just not into an LC2i.
Sponsored