Takeda 3" 304 Stainless Steel Cat-Back Exhaust installed!

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Feel more power? I'd be very surprised if it made any additional power. Most likely, it is just a placebo effect from your car being louder.

On the bright side, your exhaust should break-in over the next few days/weeks and quite up to some degree. Well, that and you will just get use to hearing said drone.
According to aFe, their Dyno testing shows an additional 10 whp and 11lbs torque
Sponsored

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I drove all weekend, and I can verify that this exhaust does add additional power and pull, and for those that only believe in the scientific method, I spoke to an aFe support rep and he told me that they dyno tested this exhaust on a completely stock Si and it makes an additional 10 whp and 11 lbs torque. You can also find this on their website, and if you are also one of those people with inquiring minds, you can ask them to send you the Dyno sheets. It is also much lighter than the stock exhaust, so that helps as well.

Now my impressions:

It is definitely louder than the stock exhaust. But not so loud that it gives you a headache. The harder you go, the louder it gets, but it quiets down as you get into higher gears. At freeway speeds it is quiet, thankfully. It makes light crackles and pops between shifts and when you take your foot off the gas, not like the Veloster N, much quieter. As far as power is concerned, on Map 1 of the TSP stage 1 tune it is almost like using Map 2. The car really pulls nicely at low boost and power delivery is extremely smooth. With this exhaust and adding the Acuity Shifter Rocker Upgrade makes this car near perfect.

Was this exhaust a necessary upgrade? The answer I would give to most people is no, it is what I would call an "added value upgrade". The cost was in the $900 range, which is not really a lot, but is still an additional expenditure. The good news is my mechanic told me I could pull it out and sell for almost what I paid for it. For those looking to make this car better without spending a ton of money you can stick to the 3 must do mods I list in another thread: 1. Change your air filter to a K&N or similar "dry" filter if you don't like the oil type, 2. change out the OEM MT fluid for Amsoil Synchromesh MT fluid, and 3. purchase a Ktuner from TSP with the TSP Stage 1 tune. A 4th one I am tempted to add is changing the stock plastic Shifter Rocker to an aluminum Acuity Shifter Rocker Upgrade ($108) which will tighten your shifter and reduce the gate space

BTW, NO MORE MODS. This is car is perfect the way it is now

Honda Civic 10th gen Takeda 3" 304 Stainless Steel Cat-Back Exhaust installed! MVIMG_20190421_120704

Honda Civic 10th gen Takeda 3" 304 Stainless Steel Cat-Back Exhaust installed! Takedaintall2.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Takeda 3" 304 Stainless Steel Cat-Back Exhaust installed! Takedainstall3.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Takeda 3" 304 Stainless Steel Cat-Back Exhaust installed! TakaedaInstalled.JPG

Last edited:

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I drove all weekend, and I can verify that this exhaust does add additional power and pull, and for those that only believe in the scientific method, I spoke to an aFe support rep and he told me that they dyno tested this exhaust on a completely stock Si and it makes an additional 10 whp and 11 lbs torque. You can also find this on their website, and if you are also one of those people with inquiring minds, you can ask them to send you the Dyno sheets. It is also much lighter than the stock exhaust, so that helps as well.

Now my impressions:

It is definitely louder than the stock exhaust. But not so loud that it gives you a headache. The harder you go, the louder it gets, but it quiets down as you get into higher gears. At freeway speeds it is quiet, thankfully. It makes light crackles and pops between shifts and when you take your foot off the gas, not like the Veloster N, much quieter. As far as power is concerned, on Map 1 of the TSP stage 1 tune it is almost like using Map 2. The car really pulls nicely at low boost and power delivery is extremely smooth. With this exhaust and adding the Acuity Shifter Rocker Upgrade makes this car near perfect.

Was this exhaust a necessary upgrade? The answer I would give to most people is no, it is what I would call an "added value upgrade". The cost was in the $900 range, which is not really a lot, but is still an additional expenditure. The good news is my mechanic told me I could pull it out and sell for almost what I paid for it. For those looking to make this car better without spending a ton of money you can stick to the 3 must do mods I list in another thread: 1. Change your air filter to a K&N or similar "dry" filter if you don't like the oil type, 2. change out the OEM MT fluid for Amsoil Synchromesh MT fluid, and 3. purchase a Ktuner from TSP with the TSP Stage 1 tune. A 4th one I am tempted to add is changing the stock plastic Shifter Rocker to an aluminum Acuity Shifter Rocker Upgrade ($108) which will tighten your shifter and reduce the gate space

BTW, NO MORE MODS. This is car is perfect the way it is now

MVIMG_20190421_120704.jpg

Takedaintall2.JPG

Takedainstall3.JPG

TakaedaInstalled.JPG
Yeah sorry to burst your bubble but the power and torque gain isn't true. PRL tested this already and proved that switching stock to 3" yielded no gains as well as just removing the exhaust entirely and had no gains. I would know since I was one of the first that had the aFe Si exhaust almost 2 years ago.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah sorry to burst your bubble but the power and torque gain isn't true. PRL tested this already and proved that switching stock to 3" yielded no gains as well as just removing the exhaust entirely and had no gains. I would know since I was one of the first that had the aFe Si exhaust almost 2 years ago.
Thanks for the info. Doesn't really matter to me if there is no hp or torque gain (that's not why I bought these). It feels more responsive, looks better than the stock, now if that is just a placebo effect, hey let me get high without having to take drugs! Anyway, so you are saying that the aFe rep outright lied to me? And the Dyno sheet is faked? The reason I am asking is because here in the state of California it is illegal for a company to misrepresent a product. Our Attorney General goes after these companies in a heartbeat. Ask Trump, he knows our AG very well

Last edited:

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the info. Doesn't really matter to me if there is no hp or torque gain (that's not why I bought these). It feels more responsive, looks better than the stock, now if that is just a placebo effect, hey let me get high without having to take drugs! Anyway, so you are saying that the aFe rep outright lied to me? And the Dyno sheet is faked? The reason I am asking is because here in the state of California it is illegal for a company to misrepresent a product. Our Attorney General goes after these companies in a heartbeat. Ask Trump, he knows our AG very well
Lol dyno sheets are always faked by a good amount of companies. Look at Injen for example, another company that has bullshit advertisement for their intakes especially for the 10th gen civics. You can dyno it if you want but let me ask how an exhaust would restrict anything since the turbo is connected to a downpipe with a cat that is the restriction and anything afterwards doesn't matter.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Lol dyno sheets are always faked by a good amount of companies. Look at Injen for example, another company that has bullshit advertisement for their intakes especially for the 10th gen civics. You can dyno it if you want but let me ask how an exhaust would restrict anything since the turbo is connected to a downpipe with a cat that is the restriction and anything afterwards doesn't matter.
EE does a video on how an aftermarket Cat-back increases HP by 2% on a na Acura, but I will take your word on it. No need to spend 120 an hour for a Dyno
Sponsored