Takeda 3" 304 Stainless Steel Cat-Back Exhaust installed!

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
Hey, I'll just blame it on you guys!
I will gladly take your previous statement with “keeping this baby stock”. I AM keeping this baby stock. Well, except for the added bracing and grip and oem add ons that is
Sponsored

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I will gladly take your previous statement with “keeping this baby stock”. I AM keeping this baby stock. Well, except for the added bracing and grip and oem add ons that is
The exhaust is it. There will be no other modifications, except maybe minor cosmetic stuff. No CAI, no engine upgrades and bolt on's etc. The exhaust is street legal and emissions compliant, does not void my warranty and that is the only reason I am installing it. It's more about looks than performance

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You also have a added reason not to add much engine modding. If I remember right, you mentioned before that cops are pretty strict around your work and pinch violators for too many engine and exhaust modding?

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You also have a added reason not to add much engine modding. If I remember right, you mentioned before that cops are pretty strict around your work and pinch violators for too many engine and exhaust modding?
California is strict about any modifications that affect emissions, and yes, they do pull people over they suspect have modified their air intact or emissions such as cat delete, and CAI makes a very distinct whoosh sound. Plus this car has the power I need. I am not looking to be faster than everybody else, and the more you start modifying, the more wear on the engine (I want it to last). I went with Ktuner because it safely gives you power increases, and you can switch to different maps on the fly, including stock, and you can flash back to stock easily whenever you want.

As far as exhaust modding, exhausts are fine after the CAT (Cat-Back), but any mods before the CAT or of the CAT is a no no

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
But no criticism of your newly coming exhaust. Those blue tips do look pretty sweet! Reminds me of Nissan GTR tips

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
But no criticism of your newly coming exhaust. Those blue tips do look pretty sweet! Reminds me of Nissan GTR tips
I'm hoping it looks good. I will post pics when it is received and installed

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I received the exhaust yesterday, and am having the install done today. Will post before and after pictures, and let everyone know if it makes any improvements in performance. Looking forward to getting this exhaust installed!

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
all the aftermarket exhausts cause too much drone.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
all the aftermarket exhausts cause too much drone.
I spoke to some people who installed this particular exhaust, and they told me it is quiet as long as I don't do a CAT delete. It will have a more aggressive sound, but I am told that it will be quiet at highway speeds. Hopefully it will not have a droning sound.....I will let you know when the install is done

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This youtube video talks a little bit about this exhaust and the install, and at the end how it sounds compared to stock. He says it's really loud, but from the video it did not sound that much louder than the stock, just a bit deeper

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The Takeda exhaust has been installed. I will post more pics next week. First impressions: It does sound more aggressive, and it is definitely louder than the stock exhaust. You can feel more power, and acceleration is stronger. I have not had a chance to take it on the hwy yet. I do wish it was a bit quieter, but there are always trade offs. It looks great though! Oh yeah, it crackles as well!!

Honda Civic 10th gen Takeda 3" 304 Stainless Steel Cat-Back Exhaust installed! TakaedaInstalled.JPG

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
The Takeda exhaust has been installed. I will post more pics next week. First impressions: It does sound more aggressive, and it is definitely louder than the stock exhaust. You can feel more power, and acceleration is stronger. I have not had a chance to take it on the hwy yet. I do wish it was a bit quieter, but there are always trade offs. It looks great though! Oh yeah, it crackles as well!!

TakaedaInstalled.JPG
Feel more power? I'd be very surprised if it made any additional power. Most likely, it is just a placebo effect from your car being louder.

On the bright side, your exhaust should break-in over the next few days/weeks and quite up to some degree. Well, that and you will just get use to hearing said drone.
Sponsored