Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After getting ridiculous quotes for wrapping door handles.. I decided to tackle the job myself after I realized how easy it is to take off the handles. Here is a time-lapse of me wrapping the drivers side handle. It was the last of the four that I did. Took me almost 4 hours since I was going back and forth between my garage and bedroom, taking my time with each one.

Honda Civic 10th gen Taji's FK7 ABM (Slow Build) 20180311-FK7-Wraps-&-Flaps-0001

Honda Civic 10th gen Taji's FK7 ABM (Slow Build) 20180311-FK7-Wraps-&-Flaps-0003

Honda Civic 10th gen Taji's FK7 ABM (Slow Build) 20180311-FK7-Wraps-&-Flaps-0002

Last edited:
OP
OP
infiniteraiders

infiniteraiders

First Name
Taji
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP has been updated with pictures for all mods up to date. Not going as slow as I thought.. :p

Also, here's a video of the side marker install. Struggled a bit on the driver side but once I figured that out, the passenger side took less than 2 minutes.

vladucard

First Name
Caspian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If I may ask, where did you purchase the Mugen style window visors? I'm in love! Thanks in advanced!

OP
OP
infiniteraiders

infiniteraiders

First Name
Taji
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If I may ask, where did you purchase the Mugen style window visors? I'm in love! Thanks in advanced!
eBay! https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-16-Up-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Just note that the fitment isn't 100% perfect. The drivers side catches on the visor but not enough to stop/scratch anything. A little bit of wet sanding can fix this, I just haven't gotten around to it. It seems to be more dramatic for some than others, so just something to be aware of. I personally, took the risk as I much rather prefer this look versus the OEM ones. If authentic Mugen ones get released, I won't hesitate to get them.

vladucard

First Name
Caspian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you! Yeah, the OEM ones are nice but the shop is charging a whooping $250 to get installed....no thanks! I look forward to looking into these and seeing if they are worth buying or if I should just wait for the authentic to come in. Thanks again and can't wait to see what else you add to your car (I'll be following this thread for sure!).

OP
OP
infiniteraiders

infiniteraiders

First Name
Taji
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you! Yeah, the OEM ones are nice but the shop is charging a whooping $250 to get installed....no thanks! I look forward to looking into these and seeing if they are worth buying or if I should just wait for the authentic to come in. Thanks again and can't wait to see what else you add to your car (I'll be following this thread for sure!).
Appreciate it man! It's fun getting back into the car/mod scene.

And I should also mention that I took off the double-sided tape that it came with an added ½" 3M automotive tape. No issues so far, the stuff seems to be pretty strong.

cheppeg

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Appreciate it man! It's fun getting back into the car/mod scene.

And I should also mention that I took off the double-sided tape that it came with an added ½" 3M automotive tape. No issues so far, the stuff seems to be pretty strong.
Sick car so far! Got mines from the same dealer not too long ago! Where can I get the jdm badges???? I been looking and can’t seem to find.

Honda Civic 10th gen Taji's FK7 ABM (Slow Build) 79DE676D-93CA-4D7D-9F39-E32A20679808

OP
OP
infiniteraiders

infiniteraiders

First Name
Taji
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sick car so far! Got mines from the same dealer not too long ago! Where can I get the jdm badges???? I been looking and can’t seem to find.
Nice! Looks like we’re going to have to plan an IE meet soon, starting to find quite a few people in this area.

And I just search the part numbers on Google until I find the cheapest price since they’re always changing.

Front Emblem (H) - Item#75700-TGH-A01
Rear Emblem (H) - Item#75701-TGH-A01

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
Another satisfied customer of Riverside Metro here. Took me 5 months to get my plates in the mail, but I dont think it was the dealerships fault. Thinking someone stole the plates from my mail.

OP
OP
infiniteraiders

infiniteraiders

First Name
Taji
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Another satisfied customer of Riverside Metro here. Took me 5 months to get my plates in the mail, but I dont think it was the dealerships fault. Thinking someone stole the plates from my mail.
That’s weird. I actually got my plates in less than a month. Waiting on my legacy plates tho.. that’s been about 3 months now.

OP
OP
infiniteraiders

infiniteraiders

First Name
Taji
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here's a slo-mo video comparing OEM to Acuity. Not going to lie.. it's hard to see a difference in the video, especially without a knob. However, I could feel a huge difference after making the change. I also have the install video time-lapse that I need to put together.

Honda Civic 10th gen Taji's FK7 ABM (Slow Build) 20180422-acuity-kit-0001

Honda Civic 10th gen Taji's FK7 ABM (Slow Build) 20180422-acuity-kit-0006

Honda Civic 10th gen Taji's FK7 ABM (Slow Build) 20180422-acuity-kit-0004

Last edited:
OP
OP
infiniteraiders

infiniteraiders

First Name
Taji
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I wasn't completely satisfied with the way the roof looked with the hatch spoiler still blue. Since I wrapped my handles, I decided to tackle this with the left over vinyl I had. Happy to say, it turned out great! Here's a time-lapse of the process.. the completed look is in the OP.

OP
OP
infiniteraiders

infiniteraiders

First Name
Taji
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You are a patient man. Wrapping that looked like a pain in the ass. Where's the pic of the finished wing? Checked the garage and didn't see it.
Lol, it took a couple hours..

My bad, cleaner pic is in opening post but here it is after I blacked out the hatchback deck lid and reinstalled.

Honda Civic 10th gen Taji's FK7 ABM (Slow Build) 1054559E-3B30-4F3C-A6F9-357B7F4E2719

Last edited:

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Oooohwee that looks real good. I really like the flow between the top to the rear. I was thinking of going black roof too and I think you just sold me on it. Was it difficult to wrap the roof by yourself or did you have help?
Sponsored