fuhongl

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
Country flag
I have a 2016 Civic EX. Should I always do synthetic oil change? or standard one will work.
And if I go to a Honda dealer, they always will do a synthetic for you, I guess?
Sponsored

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
What does the manual say to use?

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I could be wrong, but i'm pretty sure our civic's only take synthetic because of the viscosity of the oil required. I always take mine to Honda for oil changes, and they've always used synthetic.

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
I could be wrong, but i'm pretty sure our civic's only take synthetic because of the viscosity of the oil required. I always take mine to Honda for oil changes, and they've always used synthetic.
I think you'd have difficulty locating 0W-20 conventional oil. I've never found it in the wild, only synthetic. There my be some obscure brand of semi or part synthetic, but even if it exists, why would you even consider it?

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
Interestingly, my dealer doesn't stock it, can't imagine using it when Full-Synthetic is so universally used and is easily accessible. Thanks for the info, guess I was mistaken.
Full- synthetic are more expensive. Dealer may want to charge you less for oil change or....make bigger profit. ?
Sponsored