Switch Between Modes vs Sport Mode Always

Do you switch between modes often? Or do you just leave it in sport 24/7?

• Total voters

type_r_wannabe

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe WOP
Country flag
I'm curious as to whether people are leaving their vehicles in sport all the time or sitting in normal mode and swapping over to sport only when they approach potential fun driving situations.
Sponsored

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I only have it in normal mode when I want to smooth out a bumpy ride:
1. My apartment's parking lot, now that it has some obnoxious speed bumps
2. Long stretches of nothing with cruise control on

TheKevinlyFather

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe (Sold), 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec (SH-AWD)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As soon as the warranty is up, this car is getting a barrage of performance upgrades :D. For the meantime, though, I'm keeping it pretty much stock. I know the likelihood of any issues arising are slim. But, I want to play it safe just in case.

Gotta say though, really wanting more from the exhaust. So, not starting down the upgrade path early is already becoming a struggle.

Deleted member

It is in comfort mode any time I am driving to get from point A to point B. It is in sport mode any time I am driving for pleasure.

LoneStarFlatLanders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rallye Red Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
The car does not leave sport mode, even on my drive into work in the A.M. Wish there was a way to have it auto-activated upon start up.
This. ++ Mine is also tuned. I never understood why someone would want to turn OFF something like sport mode. :doh: Should be a way to have it default to sport but alas there is not.

delsorbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic si sedan '18
Country flag
might just be me but i feel like the stiffer suspension and steering work well on the highway.. once i get into town i turn it off because it's just too bumpy for me. I don't really notice any throttle difference :dunno:

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
the biggest difference i feel in sport mode is the tighter steering, then the suspension.

Vader_Si

First Name
Ryota Watanabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Sedan 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I only put it in sports if I'm doing aggressive driving or merging on highway. I mainly leave it in normal to save gas and chill.

Speeder92

Blue Dream
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I like normal mode most of the time, I feel like the car has plenty of power and is pretty firm, but when I go into cannons or feel like someone wants to go faster than me at a stop light I will put it in sport, I will put it in sport more often once I get a tune on it

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sport only when I’m going to push the car on curvy roads or am going to have acclerate from a stop into traffic and upto 60 or so. Otherwise, too firm for the roads around here.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Almost always in Sport -- I hit it right after I release the e-brake when starting to drive; it's a fairly well-established routine now. Wish it would "remember"/retain its status between the car starts, instead of always defaulting to Normal...
The "hey-I'm-alive-and-can-accelerate-when-asked!" throttle mapping is the most obvious reason, but the changes in steering feedback and suspension are definitely noticeable as well (especially the steering).

Robotaz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
I went for a long, technical country drive last night and will be leaving my car in Sport from now on. It's just a different animal, and it's how it should be. I didn't realize it until I really drove it.

boscotheduck

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I’m probably in the minority here but I forget sport mode exists unless I’m at the track or an autocross.
Sponsored