First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Hey all,

I'm deciding between Swift Sport SpecR and the Eibach Pro Kit. The two are my options as I'm only looking for a slight drop, any more than 1.5in I believe I'd have lots of scraping just from my daily commute. Also fwiw I don't go to the track, car is just a daily but I want it to be a bit more aggressive but not too harsh too use. Tbh, I want the lowered look, but must consider the pros of not going looooow lol

From what i've read, the Swift is more stiffer. I think this might be beneficial in preventing the car from bottoming out, but I'm not sure if it will be too harsh for daily commute or how fast it will wear out the expensive struts.

My only experience on lowered cars is my previous e46 on H&R Race springs. That car could be a PITA because of how low it was and how bouncy it can get. Other than that, I loved how low that car sat.

Anyway, any input / opinion is appreciated.

Thanks.
Sponsored

NikkoPH

First Name
Nikko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan 2016 Honda Pilot Touring
Country flag
I was in the same boat and i choose swift springs. I believe my springs has already settled, i never scraped even on high speed dips. Can't say anything with eibach, never had any experience with their springs.

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
I have the pro kit and they are really nice springs. The drop is perfect now, and they feel only slightly stiffer than stock. Theyre confortabe and sporty. Never drove on the swifts so i cannot comment on them.

Mr.Apex

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Sedan
Country flag
I have the pro kit and they are really nice springs. The drop is perfect now, and they feel only slightly stiffer than stock. Theyre confortabe and sporty. Never drove on the swifts so i cannot comment on them.
Now that you have been running them for a while whats your review? Any Issues bottoming out, bounciness or problems with the car fully loaded? I only ask because the Eibach rear spring rate is for whatever reason softer than stock according to a couple threads on here but i dont know if thats true either.

Mr.Apex

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Sedan
Country flag
I was in the same boat and i choose swift springs. I believe my springs has already settled, i never scraped even on high speed dips. Can't say anything with eibach, never had any experience with their springs.
How do you like them. Are they much stiffer than stock? Im interested in how they feel day to day on the roughest roads as they have the highest spring rate out of any lowering springs.

Pekingduck

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Country flag
H&R springs are pretty conservative. I have eibach because it made in my state and they are oem supplier. I found the ride to be harsher and can definitely tell dampers need to sport mode to adjust to different springs rate. But i think anything with modifications there will always be a give and take.

jscm

First Name
sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i will choose prokit just because I have swift springs installed on mine they are uncomfortable and stiff for city driving but can be good for track/autox. they make noise and bind big time on mine so I bought spring silencer and I lube them frequently. If I have to buy again I will go with either eibach prokit or k-tuned

j_vang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 SI Coupe
Country flag
i will choose prokit just because I have swift springs installed on mine they are uncomfortable and stiff for city driving but can be good for track/autox. they make noise and bind big time on mine so I bought spring silencer and I lube them frequently. If I have to buy again I will go with either eibach prokit or k-tuned
My swift springs arrive in 2 days and i'm now second guessing if I should've just bought coilovers or not. First time i've heard of the noise and binding issues, is this common?

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My swift springs arrive in 2 days and i'm now second guessing if I should've just bought coilovers or not. First time i've heard of the noise and binding issues, is this common?
It's purely subjective. It may be too stiff of a ride for one person and perfectly fine for another. Also its probably best to take your cities road conditions into account. Im fortunate enough to have fairly smooth streets where im from so i tend to not notice much.

No matter what springs you get you will always sacrifice some comfort for performance and aesthetic. Its inevitable.

jscm

First Name
sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
First time i've heard of the noise and binding issues, is this common?
there is a reason why some known brand lowering springs come with spring silencer. I cant speak for other civics who has them installed but I tried driving with them as is for several weeks thinking the binding issue will just disappear but it didnt. I called swift but they had no idea how to fix the noise still blamed me for my install. it was easy fix once i figured what was causing the issue. my problem is its just too stiff for me.

Chief lazy leaf

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic SI, 2001 mr2 spyder, 1982 Toyota coroll
Country flag
Also I had a little clunking for 2 weeks maybe. Mostly going full lock on the steering. Went away once they settled in.

j_vang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 SI Coupe
Country flag
I went swift. Slightly stiffer and lower than eibach. It's mostly personal preference. If you ever bought coilovers or a groundcontrol kit swift was always the upgrade spring over eibach.

WS2_2569_Aug1719_CaliPhoto.jpg
Wow that's beautiful! I have the same color and body. Mind sharing your wheel specs?

Last edited:

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
In general? Swift.

Proprietary alloy
Linear spring rates
less coils per inch (lighter, greater range of suspension stroke)

overall, Swift are supposed to be smoother and more predicable, and less prone to binding/bottoming out, given the same effective spring rates, versus progressive springs like most Eibachs. I however have no idea or data on the difference between the two specifically on the GenX platform

NikkoPH

First Name
Nikko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan 2016 Honda Pilot Touring
Country flag
How do you like them. Are they much stiffer than stock? Im interested in how they feel day to day on the roughest roads as they have the highest spring rate out of any lowering springs.
I already forgot how stock suspension works but definitely stiffer. My Si is my daily and i did brought to the track once, really happy with it.
Sponsored