CivicR316

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic type r and a 2013 chevy silverado hd
Country flag
is it me or do the swift lowering springs feel real bouncey... I go over small bumps and it feels like i am in a car with chopped springs, just curious any one else feels the same ?
Sponsored

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is the first heard. I think like the 20 or so that have them...have nothing but good things to say about them.

Is this issue for you in every mode?

OP
OP
CivicR316

CivicR316

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i didn't cut nothing was i suppose to ? there was no instructions !!!!!

OP
OP
CivicR316

CivicR316

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i swapped out springs ,that was it. took the tops off pulled springs, put the new springs in, just like the old ones came out, and put top back on was i suppose to do diff? I assumed not !!!

OP
OP
CivicR316

CivicR316

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You're probably riding on your bump stops.
Was i supose to cut them or remove them ? Is this somthing that can be done on the car car ride fine on highway just small bumpy back roads its a lil bouncy

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Was i supose to cut them or remove them ? Is this somthing that can be done on the car car ride fine on highway just small bumpy back roads its a lil bouncy
You may need to cut them. I haven't bought swift yet, but I know from experience that if lowered too much and you don't cut the stops you will have a bouncy rough ride over bumps.

To cut them you will have to take them apart mist likely...however I haven't worked on the suspension of this car uet5

OP
OP
CivicR316

CivicR316

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You may need to cut them. I haven't bought swift yet, but I know from experience that if lowered too much and you don't cut the stops you will have a bouncy rough ride over bumps.

To cut them you will have to take them apart mist likely...however I haven't worked on the suspension of this car uet5
ok thanks for the reply i hope i don't have to cut them cause its a pain in the dick to remove the front shocks rears are a pice of cake !!!!!

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
ok thanks for the reply i hope i don't have to cut them cause its a pain in the dick to remove the front shocks rears are a pice of cake !!!!!
Number 12 in this pic is the bump stop. You may be able to move the dust cover up while you have the car jacked up.

I can't tell but it looks like there is something at the bottom of that dust cover keeping it on the bottom...so you may need to take that off to.

So quite possible you can do it without removing the strut. Get a a knife or something to cut it in half horizontally, then the peice you plan to remove, just cut it horizontally to then pull I out from around the strut piston.

I've done this on earlier model civics that I forgot to cut the bump stop

Honda Civic 10th gen swift springs 0fb10564732a44fed830e1c7cf542216

Last edited:

Marc_Seegs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R #12951
Country flag
Been on swift for about 1,000 miles and my cars not bouncy at all, bumps and dips are very much controlled and solid. nothing like a *chopped* spring

fmoua916

Nothingbettah2do
First Name
Fong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r agean blue
Country flag
Been on swift for about 1,000 miles and my cars not bouncy at all, bumps and dips are very much controlled and solid. nothing like a *chopped* spring
I heard in comfort mode it was bouncy? Maybe some of the people are not cutting the bump stops?