Swapped to LED in the interior and now none of the bulbs works? HELP?

RunRiot

Run X Riot
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
Hello 10th Gen Fam.

This is my first post and the new in this community, so apologies if I don't understand lingos/how to work this forum. I just recently replaced all of my bulbs inside the car to some nice LED bulbs. Everything was going great until I got to the mirror lights. I replaced the drivers side fine and then I got to the passengers mirror light.
I used some pliers to take out the bulb and used too much force and broke the bulb. I thought to myself before that Im gonna replace it anyways so I don't really care if it breaks, but when it broke, the other LED swapped lights stopped working too. Didn't think much about it until I finished putting in the bulb in the passengers mirror. Now everything from the map lights, dome lights, hatch light, and the mirror lights don't even turn on.
I know it was a stupid idea to use pliers but I just thought I was gonna replace it anyways!
So then I checked the fuse box under the hood and then the fuse box under the driver side, check the fuse and it looked fine but I still replaced it just to be safe and same issue.
Not sure if it was the LED bulbs I bought, or I caused a short, or something but I am desperate for answers on this problem. I even put back the old bulbs back and still nothing.
I have little to no experience on electrical work so any advice helps. I use my interior lights often for paperwork at night so I can't "just leave it".
Many thanks in advance!!!!
Sponsored

blitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Did you accidentally damage the bulb holder where you used pliers to remove the bulb?

I would examine the driver’s side and compare it physically with the passenger’s side holder to make sure you didn’t bend or break anything.

I’m not sure how the circuit is designed, but I can’t imagine it to be a series such that if one of the mirror lights goes out, then the circuit is stopped. I can only think of two things wrong: incomplete circuit (passenger side) due to damage, or a fuse (which you ruled out).

Have you tried swapping the old incandescent bulb from the driver’s side to the passenger’s side, and placing a new LED in the driver’s side to see if it works? If all else fails, get a new original bulb (the one that broke), replace it in the passenger’s side, and see if you can get back to the OEM setup. Also, check your fuses again, carefully.

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When I replaced mine I just pulled them out by hand they come out quite easily.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
you may have crossed the wires on one of the bulbs and blown a fuse. check the fuse box for your interior lighting. also make sure none of the bulb wires got bent or crossed.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I understand that all your LED bulbs did turn on before you had the accident with the right side vanity mirror?
Which fuse did you check and replace?

U.S.C

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I replaced mine and mine came out easily by hand. Sounds like you damaged something and caused a shortage.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I replaced mine and mine came out easily by hand. Sounds like you damaged something and caused a shortage.
I agree,

OP must use a voltmeter to check fuses, and the right ones. Looking with eyes it is not reliable.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
In addition to the above suggestions...

Some of those lights are controlled by the computer system. I'd do a hard reset (disconnect the battery) and see if that solves the problem.

paulsantiago

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A8
Recently I also decided car lighting. If you have a lot of free time and a great desire to turn the interior of your car into a spaceship cabin, try your hand at installing contour lighting. We warn you right away, you will have to tinker in order to correctly and secretly mount the light guide to the joints of the instrument panel parts or cladding. But such tuning will radically transform the interior design. Believe me, it will be a really cool transformation of your car. It looks really beautiful.

Last edited:

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I swapped mine out in all my vehicles and none of them were issues like he said above maybe you blew a fuse. But also the quality of the bulb you used could be an issue. I paid out for the better bulbs myself instead of doing the Amazon thing.

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I swapped mine out in all my vehicles and none of them were issues like he said above maybe you blew a fuse. But also the quality of the bulb you used could be an issue. I paid out for the better bulbs myself instead of doing the Amazon thing.

I agree

Check fuses first
Sponsored