Swapped out the climate Controls

Andjoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - CW #19431
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone know, if the rear window/side mirror defroster would still work if swapping in with the LX controls?
The canadian spec has a single defroster button for both.
Sponsored

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No, I want to turn it off without shutting off the fans. I only run the A/C about 50% of the time if its less than 85 degrees outside. The compressor always cycles on/off when it's on, no matter how high you have the climate control temp set. For longer compressor life (and we know Honda fails here), leave it on 58 degrees, and drop the A/C button off with a click until you need it again a few minutes later. Saves gas as well. Having to queue up the screen to do it every time and look at it is a PITA.

Makes more sense now. I guess with me living in Florida I always keep my AC on. :D

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2017 GTI SE DSG
Country flag
Anyone know, if the rear window/side mirror defroster would still work if swapping in with the LX controls?
Snap a pic of your climate control for me.

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2017 GTI SE DSG
Country flag
So, this is tricky. We have all the exact same buttons. But the fact that your rear button and side mirror defroster are integrated into one thing... We don’t have side mirror defrosters, so I don’t know about that. It might be a hot wire that’s just teed off the main and it will work the same, or the mirror defrosters might not work at all.

It’ll cost you about $60 to be the guinea pig, and whatever they charge you to get it into the country.

b534202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR WRX Legacy Hellcat LC500 GRC
Country flag
Installed it today. Tried to not hook up the "passenger airbag off" light, got air bag error :p

shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 STI, 15 CRV, 16 Civic RS Turbo, 18 Civic Type R
Country flag
You can try this type.

Honda Civic 10th gen Swapped out the climate Controls ACB1-A3-D5-0593-428-E-9023-37-AB33991841

You get a knob for fan speed, but have to go through the head unit to select mode. I didn't want to get the climate control unit with a display because of the display's color.

Last edited:

elmerzasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Yes, heated mirrors will still work when you turn on the rear window defroster - I just put an USDM climate control in my EU FK8 and tested it.

elmerzasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Update on the heating functions: while the mirrors work I think the rear window defroster is not operating.

Does someone have a wiring diagram for the climate control of a USDM Civic?

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks OP!

Just bought the TBA (sedan LX) version. The TGG (base hatch) costs two to three times more.

Honda Civic 10th gen Swapped out the climate Controls 56D3CFBD-2F70-4581-A959-B0F0EBD72DCB

fk-eight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR R-35355/ 2021 SGP Accord Touring
Country flag
Ordered mine, and of course I pick the one with the cleanest looking picture I could find, and they send me one that looks like someone ripped it out, and threw it on the ground. Screen is scratched, and the buttons are scratched. And that's after I emailed them back, to tell them to send me a clean one, and they replied, “no problem.” I may just drop dime for a new one.

eXstasy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
Ordered mine, and of course I pick the one with the cleanest looking picture I could find, and they send me one that looks like someone ripped it out, and threw it on the ground. Screen is scratched, and the buttons are scratched. And that's after I emailed them back, to tell them to send me a clean one, and they replied, “no problem.” I may just drop dime for a new one.
Same exact thing happened to me. I am in the process of trying to return it through ebay. What is the actual part number for the 2017 LX control unit though? I searched for 79600TBAA112 and nothing comes up. I am planning to buy a brand new one so I don't have to keep trying out different ebay listings.

Honda Civic 10th gen Swapped out the climate Controls IMG_2486

Honda Civic 10th gen Swapped out the climate Controls IMG_2487

Honda Civic 10th gen Swapped out the climate Controls IMG_2488

flacobill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 IS500 his, 2020 RR FK7- hers
Country flag
Update on the heating functions: while the mirrors work I think the rear window defroster is not operating.

Does someone have a wiring diagram for the climate control of a USDM Civic?
I’d like to know this too....I just bought a 2021 & want to do this mod.

kdgraepsey

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru STI | 2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
like to know as well. I have year 2020 with heated side view mirrors.

Tyler.iguess

Banned
Banned
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag