First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1. I hate how laggy the LCD is and having to hit climate then wait 5secs then tap the fan speed.
2. My old 2015 si was quicker and less laggy so used to a more responsive headunit
Why in the world does anyone use the LCD? I use the knobs...instant change in temps and fan speed
Sponsored

BerzerkerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Why in the world does anyone use the LCD? I use the knobs...instant change in temps and fan speed
There isn't any fan speed knob on the ctr. Only has the temps for dual control. I dont use dual control so dont need it. Fan speed is what I wanted out as well as the vents.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There isn't any fan speed knob on the ctr. Only has the temps for dual control. I dont use dual control so dont need it. Fan speed is what I wanted out as well as the vents.
When I use mine it changes the fan speed also. To each their own. Seems like unnecessary work to switch it out

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
Great to see this is so easy! I might want to do this in the future if I really hate the touch screen. My only real complaint about the touch screen controls is how long it takes to come up after hitting the climate button. 5+ seconds sometimes when the system is being extra laggy.

So i'm curious...i've never understood why this is a thing to so many. I've never independently changed my fan speed in this car or my last (370Z). I leave the system on auto and it will adjust fan speed/vent location accordingly depending on the temperature difference between what i have set and what the current inside temp is. If its 90F out and i have it set for like 72 it will be blasting the fans from the front vents then taper down as it gets closer to the desired temp i set. Same thing if its cold out and i have it set to 72....puts the air to the floor and blows the fans/heat accordingly until it gets closer to the set temp. If for some reason it's not blasting the fans at 100% trying to cool down or something then i just lower the temp and the fans kick up to full speed....all with one knob. The only thing i change manually is the recycle or outside air if i'm driving by something smelly (smoker, diesel truck, etc.) Why do you guys like to set all this manually? I look at it like a house thermostat... you set your temp and it takes care of the rest...fans, compressor on/of, etc. I'm just curious to why a lot seem to prefer manual a/c controls...maybe a generation thing where that's what you grew up with?
I mostly do this too, but when it's between 60-75 degrees outside, I like to turn off the A/C to get better fuel economy and at that point I have to set the fan speed manually.

spacegg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 #739 & '20 FK7 (me) & '24 Seqouia (wifey)
Country flag
Always wanted to do this but wasn't sure if it was plug and play then another R owner, Ian Lawler did it and posted pics on the FB page so I gave it a go.

Bought a used 2016 LX Civic Climate control off eBay for $38. All plug and play. Took like 5 mins to install, no tools needed, snap together. Part number 79600TBAA112.

Why? No more laggy controls from the touch screen! Everything works, even in reverse but you lose dual zone (didn't need it). Lights all match as well. I circled the temps to show it changes with the new controls.

Also with these controls you can now use an aftermarket radio, here is the radio bezel: https://tinyurl.com/y9vep7fu

30710014_10216540928022316_6827682035545407488_n.jpg

30726239_10216543142797684_9138613876630224896_n.jpg

30716679_10216540600094118_4250123250404687872_n.jpg

How to remove the climate controls/ radio (not me):

Thanks for the props Trey, I'm Ian :) I haven't been in the forum in a while because of how active the facebook groups are, and I'm glad you shared this mod.

yargk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R, '16 GT4, '19 GSW 4motion 6mt
Country flag
I can't wait to do this swap!!!!!!!!!

I find it's most comfortable to put the temperature on the coldest setting and the fan on max when it's hot, then gradually turn down the fan as the car cools. This works best because you start with max cooling, then by dialing it back with fan instead of temperature, you reduce cabin noise sooner (instead of leaving the noisy fan on high and dialing up temp). One can only do this with separate fan and temperature dials. Using the touch screen drives me bonkers. When I bought the car, I knew about the volume knob (or lack thereof), and didn't mind much, but when I realized there was no fan knob, I just about lost it.

Does this part number also work?
79600-TGG-A11ZB

Last edited:

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
wish there was a way not to lose heated seats for the rest of us

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Anybody know how to disable the climate banner when you change the temperature? Since Google Maps and Waze finally got integrated with Apple Carplay, I'm using Apple Carplay a lot more now, and found that the climate banner is a little annoying haha.

Last edited:

06S2k07Si

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 S2000 22 RDX 13 CB1000R 22 Veloster N 18 Type R
Country flag
Does anyone know the difference between

79600TBAA112 and
79600TBAA110M1

In the original post it shows "110M1" in the picture but "112" as the part to buy.

In researching the two I don't see any differce in them.

Thanks

Last edited:

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Ordered one of these for myself yesterday. Excited to get this in as I never use dual climate and would like quicker access to climate controls.

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
oh, I never use the touch screen, I just use the knob and it changes for me right away (leave it on auto usually)...that's why I'm so confused lol. At first when I saw images of people putting that in, I had to go out to my car and make sure I was crazy. I started to wonder "don't I have knobs for controlling my AC?" lol
I never thought to leave it on auto and just adjust with the temp knob. I feel so dumb pressing the climate control buttons all those times when all I needed to do was push the fan button to turn it on

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I never thought to leave it on auto and just adjust with the temp knob. I feel so dumb pressing the climate control buttons all those times when all I needed to do was push the fan button to turn it on
lol, I had this discussion on facebook area for CTR owners. One guy asked that I make a vid showing him how it works. He showed me his vid and I could see he didn't have it on auto.

That's all you need to do, leave it on auto...then if you want the fan on higher or lower at certain times, just turn the temp knob and it changes instantly. I never, never, never use that display to control fan speed.

But oh well, some people just want to waste money on that control swap, lmao. I feel like my friend (also has a CTR) and I were the only ones in the world that didn't have the issue people are having here with their climate control.

Last edited:

yargk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R, '16 GT4, '19 GSW 4motion 6mt
Country flag
lol, I had this discussion on facebook area for CTR owners. One guy asked that I make a vid showing him how it works. He showed me his vid and I could see he didn't have it on auto.

That's all you need to do, leave it on auto...then if you want the fan on higher or lower at certain times, just turn the temp knob and it changes instantly. I never, never, never use that display to control fan speed.

But oh well, some people just want to waste money on that control swap, lmao. I feel like my friend (also has a CTR) and I were the only ones in the world that didn't have the issue people are having here with their climate control.
As mentioned before, if you're picky, it's not that simple. When you use the temperature knob only in auto mode, the climate control adjusts temperature and fan speed of the air it delivers. What if I want the coldest air and a low fan speed for less noise? I don't think this is possible without using the touch screen to manually control the fan.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As mentioned before, if you're picky, it's not that simple. When you use the temperature knob only in auto mode, the climate control adjusts temperature and fan speed of the air it delivers. What if I want the coldest air and a low fan speed for less noise? I don't think this is possible without using the touch screen to manually control the fan.
It is possible. If I want cold air and not rushing at me...I leave it on auto. Take for instance, I'll leave it on auto at about 70 degrees...I get cool air and it's not in my face.

But whatever, to each their own. I don't need a swap, lol
Sponsored