DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Followup on this as I'm sure other will eventually have issues, more so if they are storing cars and not getting miles on them. I'm at ~4990 as of today. Dealership gave a 2019 Civic Sedan as a loaner for the day.......I hate it. Off topic, hate the Honda Sense, hate the seats, hate the way it drives, guess I'm old fashioned. The auto brake for the front collision sensor was going off within ~15 feet of other cars, not sure if ir had crap on it or was confused with some ice on the ground. Just normal 50-65 mph traffic. While I could see some people liking it, I think it adds to the distraction of driving a car. 5 lights on the cluster on, buttons on left panel, steering wheel and center console...I like tech. but why put it in 3 places?

The R isn't a big car but that radar on the windshield is annoying. Large box and just ugly. Not sure if you can disable as I only had the car for <8 hours but the right turn-signal camera on the display unit is annoying as well. Head unit itself was very slow, even more so than the R's. Only difference I could tell was the Sense package.

And I hate the sedan vs. hatchback. Cargo area takes a hit for no reason.

Rant over.

Posting a pic of the parts the dealership replaced today, and followed up with an alignment. Pricey and I'm submitting this as a complaint so they maybe look at the reason behind them both going at <5K, (and at the same time?) Done under warranty but still...others should do the same.

Honda Civic 10th gen Suspension sounds on the 2018 Type R upload_2020-1-20_17-38-59
Sponsored

HondaGuy

First Name
scooper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civix 2017
Country flag
.... Honda to send a corporate tech out to inspect it. It's absolutely ridiculous that so many of us are hearing these issues and there is no consensus. Metal can only bang and grind on metal for so long until something breaks.
Any progress? (I had a similar problem, referred to Honda HQ, I'm waiting for their reply)

caluy

First Name
caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic type R
Country flag
i think i have the same issue. I just noticed recently after driving about 500 miles that there’s a knocking/clunking (metal to metal) noise in the front suspension area when i pass uneven road surfaces, small potholes, sudden steep change of elevation or elevated drive ways. I can feel the knock through the pedals. videos of the noise are attached for reference.

Now the weird part of this noise is that it only comes out in the first few miles of the drive coming from a cold start or long idle. And the rest of the way its minimal or no knocking/clunking noise from the suspension at all. Keep in mind i live in a tropical country so really low temperatures is not a factor. So what i did was i went to a shop to have them reinstall the lowering springs making sure all the bolts and nuts involved are torqued to specs. It was All done while the car is lifted. But the knocking/clunking noise is still there.

TabbyTerror

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, S2K
Country flag
i think i have the same issue. I just noticed recently after driving about 500 miles that there’s a knocking/clunking (metal to metal) noise in the front suspension area when i pass uneven road surfaces, small potholes, sudden steep change of elevation or elevated drive ways. I can feel the knock through the pedals. videos of the noise are attached for reference.

Now the weird part of this noise is that it only comes out in the first few miles of the drive coming from a cold start or long idle. And the rest of the way its minimal or no knocking/clunking noise from the suspension at all. Keep in mind i live in a tropical country so really low temperatures is not a factor. So what i did was i went to a shop to have them reinstall the lowering springs making sure all the bolts and nuts involved are torqued to specs. It was All done while the car is lifted. But the knocking/clunking noise is still there.

Did you ever get this fixed??