SURPRISE! Official: 2016 Civic Coupe to debut at LA Auto Show!

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
I really hope not. That would be a perfect christmas gift from Me to Me Lol
Haha your funny. We will be lucky to see regular coupe by xmas. Definitely not Si by xmas buT let's hope we at least hear details on Si and more concrete information next week!

Balsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Civic Si Coupe
Hahaha, I was reading the Motor Trend article about this unveiling and caught this gem:

"Honda hasn’t released a teaser image for the 2016 Civic Coupe, but it should look similar to the concept. In fact, expect the production version to arrive largely unchanged from the concept we saw earlier, minus the 20-inch show wheels and the full-width taillight design.

The 2016 Honda Civic Coupe should receive the same powertrains as the new sedan that goes on sale this week. That means we should look for a 174-hp 1.5-liter turbocharged and direct-injected inline-four engine as well as a 158-hp 2.0-liter naturally aspirated four-cylinder. On the sedan, drivers can opt for a CVT or six-speed manual. After the coupe debuts, Honda will eventually bring out Si models, a five-door hatch, and the high-performance Civic Type R for the U.S.
"

I don't even want a coupe, but I shuddered to think of the reaction here were this to be true. I'm assuming the full width design will be intact due to the patent drawing having it, so I think Motor Trend is wrong. Unless that design feature is reserved for the Si sedan and coupe.....

Looks like Motor Trend might be wrong. I believe the consensus is that this is a spy shot of the coupe. Has the full width tail light.
Honda Civic 10th gen SURPRISE! Official: 2016 Civic Coupe to debut at LA Auto Show! Coupe

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Haha your funny. We will be lucky to see regular coupe by xmas. Definitely not Si by xmas buT let's hope we at least hear details on Si and more concrete information next week!
I hope it's sooner, but I have this idea the Si will introduce as a Super Bowl commercial...

administrator

Administrator
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Looks like Motor Trend might be wrong. I believe the consensus is that this is a spy shot of the coupe. Has the full width tail light.
Coupe.jpg
The coupe will have the wrap around tail lights.

Here's our spy photos which show it. And the patent drawings do as well.

Honda Civic 10th gen SURPRISE! Official: 2016 Civic Coupe to debut at LA Auto Show! {filename}
Honda Civic 10th gen SURPRISE! Official: 2016 Civic Coupe to debut at LA Auto Show! {filename}

asiandeity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic SI, 2017 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just read on Hondapro Jason's Facebook that the unveiling on the coupe will be tomorrow at 2:00 pm pacific.

Revver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Subaru Legacy SE Sedan
Can't wait! I wonder if it will be live streamed like the sedan reveal or if that's just when the sites can release the info. I'll be doing a lot of reloading here.

Revver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Subaru Legacy SE Sedan
MT is nuts if it thinks the coupe is going to look as aggressive as the concept. Not even close. You also only need to look at history to know the coupe and sedan will not look that different.

SRASC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SiR
Country flag
If it is I'll guess it'll be through Honda's YouTube channel.
Sponsored