Summary of 2016 Civic sedan models features and differences

RSXer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 RSX
So we expect the coupe will have the exact same breakdown of features between the models?
Sponsored

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So we expect the coupe will have the exact same breakdown of features between the models?
Most likely, that's how it's always been with the exception of the coupe usually had larger wheels on base models than the sedan and a larger sound system (6 versus 4 speakers). But that's the current civic.

I've speculated that because the coupe is lower volume and more sport oriented it might have a condensed trim lineup. Possibly having all 1.5T models with an LXS/LXT as a base instead of the 2.0L LX base, but i'm not sure. Usually it has mirrored the sedan lineup pretty closely, but anything could be on the table for this new model.

Ten10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Accord
I would prefer if the 2.0L LX remain the base coupe to keep costs down. Otherwise will be a dilemma between going with a cheaper LX sedan or a more expensive LXS "base" coupe. The more trims to choose from the better IMO.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would prefer if the 2.0L LX remain the base coupe to keep costs down. Otherwise will be a dilemma between going with a cheaper LX sedan or a more expensive LXS "base" coupe. The more trims to choose from the better IMO.
Oh i agree... and i'd say im 90% sure the coupe will mirror the sedan on trim levels... but that other 10% of me thinks how much money they could save on production costs if they condensed the coupe to turbo only models. Look at the Accord coupe, it starts at an LXS base which is more comparable to the sedan sport trim than the base LX sedan.

AndreaCristiano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze 2LT RS
my question is how much extra is the honda sensing package on the EX-T because if it is 1500ish then the touring is almost worth it no?

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
my question is how much extra is the honda sensing package on the EX-T because if it is 1500ish then the touring is almost worth it no?
The think the EXT with sensing bumps you up just over EXL pricing... and the EXL doesn't have Sensing as an option because that puts you into Touring pricing and they figure if you're going to get an EXL with Sensing you might as well get a touring.

AndreaCristiano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze 2LT RS
The think the EXT with sensing bumps you up just over EXL pricing... and the EXL doesn't have Sensing as an option because that puts you into Touring pricing and they figure if you're going to get an EXL with Sensing you might as well get a touring.
ok so at that point what is the price difference? Becuase thats what I would get and if its not much than i might as well bite the bullet and o all out with the touring

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
ok so at that point what is the price difference? Becuase thats what I would get and if its not much than i might as well bite the bullet and o all out with the touring
Which is EXACTLY what Honda wants you to do. Drop more of your money on the Top trim level where there are higher margins. You get a few features and realize moving up has more value. Tack on Honda Sensing and realize that the Touring is now in reach and you've gone for that.

AndreaCristiano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze 2LT RS
I know but the only reason I don't want the touring was the leather but I want the led and stereo so I might have to do it :p

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
The EX-L has sensing OR Navi available, not both, but you can get one or the other. If you want both, that basically just means get a touring.

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
I know but the only reason I don't want the touring was the leather but I want the led and stereo so I might have to do it :p
I could take or leave the leather, but I want sensing, leds, premium audio, the wheels and the chrome door handles, so touring it is.
Sponsored