Suma Performance Anti Glare Mirror *Install*

Suma Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVICX
Country flag
I just laid masking tape along the edge of the mirror housing and used a plastic body tool wrapped in a microfiber.

The clips securing the white part was easily jiggled free with the same tool.

Also helps i replaced the mirror caps at the same time.
Great tips!
Sponsored

newskate9

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type-R, 16 Honda Pilot Elite
Country flag
My install and a question.

First, I ordered the heated version as that is what I saw on the videos I looked at. I didn't need them, but that is my fault. So now I have "able to be hooked up to be heated" mirrors! The install went as planned although I got sick in the stomach doing it. THIS after I held the mirrors on my desk for 2 months working up the courage to change them.

I got ONE installed and the movement of the motor left to right didn't work full travel - like it was binding. But the motor stopped so it must have some over torque limit of sorts. I pushed / pulled a bit, then it did move OK. Up down was not issue. Not sure why it did that but seems to be working now. Any one else experience this?

Bummed no mirror heat wires as I took extra time to be sure I didn't cause an issue - rewrote instructions and all. Didn't drive yet but will today.

Suma Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVICX
Country flag
My install and a question.

First, I ordered the heated version as that is what I saw on the videos I looked at. I didn't need them, but that is my fault. So now I have "able to be hooked up to be heated" mirrors! The install went as planned although I got sick in the stomach doing it. THIS after I held the mirrors on my desk for 2 months working up the courage to change them.

I got ONE installed and the movement of the motor left to right didn't work full travel - like it was binding. But the motor stopped so it must have some over torque limit of sorts. I pushed / pulled a bit, then it did move OK. Up down was not issue. Not sure why it did that but seems to be working now. Any one else experience this?

Bummed no mirror heat wires as I took extra time to be sure I didn't cause an issue - rewrote instructions and all. Didn't drive yet but will today.
Regarding the motor movement, Suma mirrors are convex such that the surface area is larger than that of OEM mirrors. Because of the larger surface area, the motor isn't able to move Suma Mirrors to the full extend.

sLing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Anyone install them with the turn signal and defroster?

newskate9

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type-R, 16 Honda Pilot Elite
Country flag
Regarding the motor movement, Suma mirrors are convex such that the surface area is larger than that of OEM mirrors. Because of the larger surface area, the motor isn't able to move Suma Mirrors to the full extend.
Actually, once the mirror position seemed to line up with the motor position, I seem to have just about full travel now, with both sides, both directions. Not sure if this "fixed" it or I'm just seeing things, but all seeming to work perfectly now. These things are weird (in a good way!). I keep having to remind myself I'm seeing MORE now, not just being out of adjustment.

One thing I didn't expect. My floor markers were harder (smaller and darker) to see when backing in the garage. I fixed that with edits to my duct tape marker design - all good now. While these mirrors look great and function exactly as stated by like, everyone, they do take some getting used to with driving. One has to relearn their pic points (my term) for where things are in space as shown in the mirror.

Love the look. Customer service / response great. More view is great (especially since no turning camera on the R).

PMMR

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic type r
Country flag
Ran into a slight issue when installing my new Mirrors,

Unfortunately, I did not take a picture, but here is what happened.
a7e026fb-4a6d-41e9-83e5-415fb6394e81-jpeg.jpg

The two Threaded white plastic shafts, locate onto the mirror housing, into 5-6 circular located plastic parts, that forma circle with a hole in the middle, and these parts are held together, and kept pinched up tight to form a small, hole that the white plastic screw rods slide into and get gripped.
To keep these pinched up and tension GRIP on the rod, there is a circular metal spring.

On both my mirrors, this circular spring had slipped off the left/right adjusting screw rod receiver hole, and therefore, the rod did not grip, and the mirror would not move correctly, it just kept slipping as the screw turned when the mirror was trying to be adjusted.

The metal tension ring had slipped off and was loose on the actual screw pin.

So, make sure that this spring ring is correctly attached to the Mirror Housing part, before you re-assemble.

Maybe someone who is doing this update, can take a picture of this correctly located spring ring, and post it on the forum.

That picture would make it very clear, and be far better than my lame garbled description !!!
Having this problem the rods ar not moving the mirror, what is the fix

aerodynamics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2020 Hatchback Sport Manual
Country flag
These are the metal rings that need to be in place in order for the mirrors to turn left/right. They are seated around the white plastic sprockets.
Honda Civic 10th gen Suma Performance Anti Glare Mirror *Install* DCB52F55-58DD-4ADA-8BD6-A941D2D916E9

If your mirrors tilt up/down but not left/right it is likely these rings have come off. To access them you need remove the rubber boot covering them (easily removed by hand) and using tweezers and a steady hand, place them back around the sprockets and you should be good.

vladucard

First Name
Caspian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
These are the metal rings that need to be in place in order for the mirrors to turn left/right. They are seated around the white plastic sprockets.
DCB52F55-58DD-4ADA-8BD6-A941D2D916E9.jpeg

If your mirrors tilt up/down but not left/right it is likely these rings have come off. To access them you need remove the rubber boot covering them (easily removed by hand) and using tweezers and a steady hand, place them back around the sprockets and you should be good.
Silly question, how do you know which prong is the left and right? Mime goes up and down but not left/right.

vladucard

First Name
Caspian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I appreciate that, thank you!
Sponsored