Suma Performance Anti Glare Mirror *Install*

CivicPlease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan
Country flag
I know there has been threads already made for this, but I wanted to write a tutorial on how to install this quick project. It's a fairly easy process but I know there are people out there that might need help so here you go!

Product link: https://www.sumaperformance.com/collections/civic/products/15-civic-10th-generation

When I bought the item it was on sale for 15 percent off.

Installation:
First step is to use painters tape to cover the bottom side of the mirror. This is obviously to protect the trim when you have to pry the mirror out later.
Honda Civic 10th gen Suma Performance Anti Glare Mirror *Install* 8C973345-5E4C-41D6-BAA6-6C21D8819C61

Next I used a pry tool to pry out the mirror using a pulling force. The point to pry it out is shown in the picture. I recommend using one of these tools as it will minimalize the chances of ruining the mirror trims. Excuse my feet LOL.
Honda Civic 10th gen Suma Performance Anti Glare Mirror *Install* 5D1B3971-9BA2-4F38-879B-9577126B29AC

After prying it out you will be greeted with this simple contraction of the inside of the mirrors.
Honda Civic 10th gen Suma Performance Anti Glare Mirror *Install* 3C2018E5-F8FB-4EE8-9BFD-DE6A763BEBDA

Pry out the two white knobs in the direction the small knob is facing and simply put it back in it's proper position into the mirror cap. MAKE SURE WHEN YOU put in back into the mirror cap the first knob should be facing down and the knob farther away from the door is facing to the opposite side.

Close ups of the knobs.
Honda Civic 10th gen Suma Performance Anti Glare Mirror *Install* 06D11812-3339-496F-A38A-3061631CDBFE
Honda Civic 10th gen Suma Performance Anti Glare Mirror *Install* 4D5B2B30-3167-43B1-A6FD-C8FE956C18AC

Honda Civic 10th gen Suma Performance Anti Glare Mirror *Install* A7E026FB-4A6D-41E9-83E5-415FB6394E81
Honda Civic 10th gen Suma Performance Anti Glare Mirror *Install* 3E1BCA49-DB5A-405D-90C1-547B06282668

Once that's done go back to the OEM mirror you removed and pry out the white plastic part used to mount the mirrors. Again using my trim tool to pry it out.
The pieces with the knobs are still in this picture but they should already be in the mirror cap.
Honda Civic 10th gen Suma Performance Anti Glare Mirror *Install* 9444D6E1-0871-4501-8D08-8E76810047EA

The next step is to place that piece into the aftermarket mirror exactly the same way as it was in the OEM mirror. You should hear some satisfying clicks as the white part clicks into position.

When popping in the after market mirror in, start by pushing in the middle to lock the main ball joint in and push down on the two little knobs to lock them secure. Make sure the knobs are pointed in the direction down and another facing away from either door.
Honda Civic 10th gen Suma Performance Anti Glare Mirror *Install* F7F9A001-60EE-4C2E-AB76-862A256B4303

Once you're all done just adjust the mirror and the opposite side will be the exact same process.

OEM vs Suma:
Honda Civic 10th gen Suma Performance Anti Glare Mirror *Install* 8E637688-CB14-4B98-AFA5-65DFA60E5BBE
Honda Civic 10th gen Suma Performance Anti Glare Mirror *Install* 8C1929B7-80CD-4B63-AC03-7CA2D230F1EA

You can def see much more using these mirrors. OEM can barely see one house vs the Suma which sees the side of my car plus reaching to the second house.

I will be testing out the night glare tonight and posting pictures.

@Suma Performance is very quick to respond to messages and emails and he will make sure to get your order in. It's a good product for sure and provides safety and makes the car look cooler IMO.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
I
8E637688-CB14-4B98-AFA5-65DFA60E5BBE.jpeg
8C1929B7-80CD-4B63-AC03-7CA2D230F1EA.jpeg

You can def see much more using these mirrors. OEM can barely see one house vs the Suma which sees the side of my car plus reaching to the second house.
Thanks .. a GREAT comparison Pics ,, that really shows exactly how much wider the Image is ..

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Why would it shake? It mounts same exact as stock and the mirror is in its own housing?

OP
OP
CivicPlease

CivicPlease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan
Country flag
Do they look that blue in person?
Yeah it's pretty blue in person. At night it's not a big problem though. Cars are still easily seen and glare is greatly reduced. I'll take a pic tmrw I keep forgetting. If you are on a Dark road it'll be harder to see but I don't think it's much of a difference compared to OEM on a dark road.

Having a tint will obviously affect it as well. I'm running 25 percent on the front.

midnightcivic

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 SGP EX
Country flag
Why would it shake? It mounts same exact as stock and the mirror is in its own housing?
I found the issue and fixed it, the white cross piece that is removed from the old mirror and attaches to the back of the new mirror does not have firm grip to it. What i did was shim a folded piece of paper on the clips to create a tighter grip, problem solved. Not the ideal solution but it does the job....

Last edited:

Suma Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVICX
Country flag
I found the issue and fixed it, the white cross piece that is removed from the old mirror and attaches to the back of the new mirror does not have firm grip to it. What i did was shim a folded piece of paper on the clips to create a tighter grip, problem solved. Not the ideal solution but it does the job....
Sorry for the not ideal solution. We can send you a tape filler that you can place between the back of the mirror and the white cross piece to permanently address this issue. Let me know?

In Japan, the OEM cross piece comes with the tape filler to ensure tight grip between the cross piece and the back of the Mirror. Since we make our mirrors based on JDM standard, we assumed that the USDM cross piece has the filler. Now we know the difference, and we'll include this improvement on new mirrors.

Sorry for the inconvenience. We're ordering the tape filler from Japan and will be available in a few weeks. Please let me know whether you'd like me to mail them to you? thanks.

OP
OP
CivicPlease

CivicPlease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan
Country flag
Sorry for the not ideal solution. We can send you a tape filler that you can place between the back of the mirror and the white cross piece to permanently address this issue. Let me know?

In Japan, the OEM cross piece comes with the tape filler to ensure tight grip between the cross piece and the back of the Mirror. Since we make our mirrors based on JDM standard, we assumed that the USDM cross piece has the filler. Now we know the difference, and we'll include this improvement on new mirrors.

Sorry for the inconvenience. We're ordering the tape filler from Japan and will be available in a few weeks. Please let me know whether you'd like me to mail them to you? thanks.
Got to love the customer's service from suma!

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Ran into a slight issue when installing my new Mirrors,

Unfortunately, I did not take a picture, but here is what happened.
Honda Civic 10th gen Suma Performance Anti Glare Mirror *Install* a7e026fb-4a6d-41e9-83e5-415fb6394e81-jpe

The two Threaded white plastic shafts, locate onto the mirror housing, into 5-6 circular located plastic parts, that forma circle with a hole in the middle, and these parts are held together, and kept pinched up tight to form a small, hole that the white plastic screw rods slide into and get gripped.
To keep these pinched up and tension GRIP on the rod, there is a circular metal spring.

On both my mirrors, this circular spring had slipped off the left/right adjusting screw rod receiver hole, and therefore, the rod did not grip, and the mirror would not move correctly, it just kept slipping as the screw turned when the mirror was trying to be adjusted.

The metal tension ring had slipped off and was loose on the actual screw pin.

So, make sure that this spring ring is correctly attached to the Mirror Housing part, before you re-assemble.

Maybe someone who is doing this update, can take a picture of this correctly located spring ring, and post it on the forum.

That picture would make it very clear, and be far better than my lame garbled description !!!

Suma Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVICX
Country flag
Thank you for this tutorial thread!, Just a quick comment. When you pry out the OEM mirror, ideally you only want to pry out the mirror and leave the white contraction part (cross piece) intact.

This should make the process easier. In this video, we used a flat screw driver to pry the OEM Mirror off against the white cross piece.
Sponsored