Suggestions on a good general street use rear shock for hatch?

Derangedcorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Hey guys, so I busted both passenger tires and noticed that the rear shock looked like it was no bueno (damage probably already there since I've been hearing a small thunk going over bumps for a week or so). Whats a good general street use rear shock for the hatch? I'm not looking for any crazy performance shock but just one that would be better quality than the oem shocks since I won't be replacing any other suspension component just the rear ones.

Also, should I just go ahead and replace both rear shocks if I get oem shocks instead?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

LeSpp1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EL
Country flag
I would like to recommend Tein Enduro Pro shocks...I have them on my Civic 2016 together with Tein lowering springs. I think they are way better than the OEM shocks and they cost the same. Not sure they are available in the US yet...

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They are available in the USA along with the pro plus shocks.Not yet in Europe for some odd reason.How do they compare to the OEM shocks? Are they Much stiffer?

LeSpp1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EL
Country flag
They are available in the USA along with the pro plus shocks.Not yet in Europe for some odd reason.How do they compare to the OEM shocks? Are they Much stiffer?
Hi Nick, I replied you in PM. Nice to see someone from Belgium here(I am a fellow Belgian as well).

LeSpp1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EL
Country flag
Also seems like Tein Thailand is developing Flex A shocks for the Civic FC at te moment. They would sit under the Flex Z shocks...

Star101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
I would like to recommend Tein Enduro Pro shocks...I have them on my Civic 2016 together with Tein lowering springs. I think they are way better than the OEM shocks and they cost the same. Not sure they are available in the US yet...
I just got these. Did yours installed easily?

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KW SC 2007 CSX Type S, 2023 PWP Si
Country flag
Do these fit the hatchback?

vethekim

First Name
hakan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Selam...
tein endropro veya koni sarı şoklar? koni için hala haber yok mu?
Tedan şokları sedan, si ve typer için listelenmiştir. 2017 honda civic hatcback sport (fk7) ile uyumluluk hakkında herhangi bir bilgi bulamadım.

Eibach Pro kitini veya H & R'yi bir yay olarak düşünüyorum. veya si arka salıncak çubuğu ve yaylar da seçeneklerim arasında

Sedan 4 kapıları için listelenen tein şokları hatcback uygun mu?
Kesin bilgi veya tavsiye verebilecek biri var mı?
Sponsored