Suggestions for keeping things from moving in the trunk?

sparks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
I've got the OEM hard plastic liner and while I like that it's hard plastic in case of spills, the surface is slippery as hell. I've got a small tire pump, my snow brush, and a battery jumper that audibly slide back and forth while taking turns. Wish I could fit them in the spare tire well but I've got my first aid kit taking up that space. :what:

I'm trying to avoid installing the OEM Honda Cargo Net because I was told the install is a PIA like the Accord:
Sponsored

OP
OP
sparks

sparks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
OP
OP
sparks

sparks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Have you considered the cargo hooks? It really comes in handy for me. I bought a black canvas tote from Walmart that I hang on the hook which has my jumper cable and cleaning kit.
Didn't feel like paying for em so I just hooked two caribiners onto the lines where the OEM cargo hooks would go and they hang down to keep my groceries still in the canvas

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
You can still do the same with the tote. Not sure how you feel about something hanging on there regularly but that should keep the sounds of the items shifting around in the trunk. The only time I've heard it was when I accelerated too fast and it swung the tote back and hit the trunk lid. Not hard, just enough to be audible.

Didn't feel like paying for em so I just hooked two caribiners onto the lines where the OEM cargo hooks would go and they hang down to keep my groceries still in the canvas

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I took the plastic removable cargo storage thing out of my Crosstour, put it in the trunk of my Civic and use it to keep things orderly in there.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I've got the OEM hard plastic liner and while I like that it's hard plastic in case of spills, the surface is slippery as hell. I've got a small tire pump, my snow brush, and a battery jumper that audibly slide back and forth while taking turns. Wish I could fit them in the spare tire well but I've got my first aid kit taking up that space. :what:

I'm trying to avoid installing the OEM Honda Cargo Net because I was told the install is a PIA like the Accord:
For our '12 Si the rubber trunk tray, net, and cargo hooks was the perfect set to keep things of all sizes from "running around" in the trunk - 2 & 3 liter bottles in plastic grocery bags are the worst.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Cardboard box works great too...........

PS3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Have you considered putting a sheet of silicone or EPDM rubber in the trunk to create some "grip"?

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2014 Honda Civic EX-L Navi
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag