Sub Woofer Rattle

PWP19SI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Civic LX 16 HRV EX
Country flag
Hey guys, I did a search and found many threads, but no real solutions.

Can someone please tell me how to fix the rattle my sub is making at low volume.
Sponsored

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I used a combination of sound dampening mat on the rear deck, foam tape between the deck and the plastic cover, and neoprene shims between the cover and my rear glass

You may want to try the shims first. I did the rest since I already had my deck disassembled to install components

OP
OP
PWP19SI

PWP19SI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Civic LX 16 HRV EX
Country flag
I used a combination of sound dampening mat on the rear deck, foam tape between the deck and the plastic cover, and neoprene shims between the cover and my rear glass

You may want to try the shims first. I did the rest since I already had my deck disassembled to install components
Is this pretty simple to do?

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

N-Kryptic

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si 4 Door
Country flag
This Is what I did on my SI Sedan, Went to hardware store and got one of those foam kneeling pads and cut it up into different sized pieces and wedged it in the access hole behind the sub between the skin of the rear deck and the metal frame of the car, works awesome so far no more rattles!

Honda Civic 10th gen Sub Woofer Rattle 20191126_174724

Honda Civic 10th gen Sub Woofer Rattle 20191126_174712

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
Did your cars come making this noise or did it start over time? I havent noticed this yet

N-Kryptic

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did your cars come making this noise or did it start over time? I havent noticed this yet
Started over time I would say, but I have viper4android running so it boosts the bass where the stock eq would cut it, so obviously it rattles more now that the bass is turned up

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
Started over time I would say, but I have viper4android running so it boosts the bass where the stock eq would cut it, so obviously it rattles more now that the bass is turned up
Interesting ill have to keep an ear out. I also have viper4android but havent heard anything yet. Fingers crossed

OP
OP
PWP19SI

PWP19SI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Civic LX 16 HRV EX
Country flag
This Is what I did on my SI Sedan, Went to hardware store and got one of those foam kneeling pads and cut it up into different sized pieces and wedged it in the access hole behind the sub between the skin of the rear deck and the metal frame of the car, works awesome so far no more rattles!

20191126_174724.jpg

THANK YOU

20191126_174712.jpg
This unfortunately happened over time. Also, I have never taken the volume over level 25. So when this started to happen I became pretty frustrated.

N-Kryptic

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This unfortunately happened over time. Also, I have never taken the volume over level 25. So when this started to happen I became pretty frustrated.
Yeah nothing like going for a drive with your buds, bumping some tunes and have everyone laugh cause the rear deck rattles on your "brand new car"

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Yeah nothing like going for a drive with your buds, bumping some tunes and have everyone laugh cause the rear deck rattles on your "brand new car"
My 18 Si interior rattles like hell lol... The doors, the dash, the rear deck. It's annoying af at times.

Funny thing, I'm in a 19 LX sedan rental right now and it's quiet as hell. No rattles at all.
Sponsored