daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
How do I take the dealer sticker off. I don't have a picture of it, but it's on right above the civic badge. Would it leave residue/damage the paint if I just peeled it off?
Sponsored

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
You don’t need a hair dryer or heat. Wtf. People are f-king up their paints and chipping their paint b/c of it. So stupid.

Get some goo gone and floss. Go to work.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is it an emblem? Just use from floss and clean up with goo gone.

On my CR-V, the dang dealer used puffy vinyl lettering and it was a tedious but satisfying chore to remove their stupid name off the auto. You want to put your logo or dealership name on my car? Pay me a monthly endorsement fee.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I hate this so much. Told the dealer when purchasing my hatchback I wouldn't accept a car with any dealer badging or decals.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
I was able to peel the vinyl logo right off once I brought it home from the dealership. Pretty sure I just lifted it w/ my fingernail. Left a tiny amount of residue that I removed w/ Goo Gone.

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I hate this so much. Told the dealer when purchasing my hatchback I wouldn't accept a car with any dealer badging or decals.
Same. Thankfully they didn't argue with me much about it. I'm not gonna advertise for you when I'm paying you for the car.

They got me with the hideous dealer plate frames though, but thankfully they were quick and easy to dispose of. I bought some WeatherTech plate covers before I got my car in preparation lol.

Scott_ATL

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic HB Sport Touring, 2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
I see you're in Georgia... if the sticker is vinyl, just park your car with the arse end facing the sun. With this heat we're having, that sticker should peel off within the hour with little residue. Car soap and water will take off what little "glue" is left. Worked on my atrocious Honda Mall of Georgia sticker.

Bru87tr

As soon as I brought mine home, pulled it right off with nothing left behind. But it was aug.

SangreRaven

First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
park it in the sun and let it heat up, then peel it off carefully. Anything left behind use Goo Gone as mentioned above. If you end up with any light scratches after use something like Meguiars scratch remover and buff it lightly with a hand pad.

-R

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
They transported my car from another dealership they told me they were going to put the dealer pinstripes on it I told them don’t put the pinstripes or dealer sticker on it because if you do I’ll walk away from the sale they put a dealer license plate frame on it

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
As others have said park it in the sun and it should peel easily. I'm glad my local dealership only had their butt ugly frames on it. Luckily i had to get plates later so when i got the plates the frames went in the trash can.

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Is it an emblem? Just use from floss and clean up with goo gone.

On my CR-V, the dang dealer used puffy vinyl lettering and it was a tedious but satisfying chore to remove their stupid name off the auto. You want to put your logo or dealership name on my car? Pay me a monthly endorsement fee.
It's not an emblem haha just a stupid sticker. They also put their keychains on my key fobs. I immediately threw those away lol

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I didn't even notice the sticker until I got home. I guess I was just too busy admiring the car haha

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I was able to peel the vinyl logo right off once I brought it home from the dealership. Pretty sure I just lifted it w/ my fingernail. Left a tiny amount of residue that I removed w/ Goo Gone.
I was just gonna peel it off, but I wasn't sure if I would damage the paint or something. Thanks!
Sponsored