Strange scraping mechanical noises

typer4841

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R FK8 4841
Does anyone get random noises coming from their car? i've recently had a sharp mechanical scraping noise coming from the front end of my car after a few pulls, the noise was only their for a bit but its gone, anyone else have had this problem?
Sponsored

lgd251

First Name
LG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R 2017
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same happening to me every now and then. A quick "metal scraping" sound, then it goes away. Not sure what it could be....

snapranch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Integra, 11 MDX, 17 CTR #509
Country flag
Does anyone get random noises coming from their car? i've recently had a sharp mechanical scraping noise coming from the front end of my car after a few pulls, the noise was only their for a bit but its gone, anyone else have had this problem?
They are little rocks stuck between the rotor and the splash shield. Sticky tires kick them up all the time. They should fall out in a few yards.

Robmelo

First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20q7 civic R
Country flag
They are little rocks stuck between the rotor and the splash shield. Sticky tires kick them up all the time. They should fall out in a few yards.
Would the resulting sound be alsmot as if something metal was scraping on the floor as you drive? I pulled over immediately and looked as I was convinced something came loose or had run over soemthing metal and it was under the car. But it was perfect underneath after a thorough look ...

Cheers

chattanoogaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Stinger
Country flag
Would the resulting sound be alsmot as if something metal was scraping on the floor as you drive? I pulled over immediately and looked as I was convinced something came loose or had run over soemthing metal and it was under the car. But it was perfect underneath after a thorough look ...

Cheers
It is definitely the usual culprit of weird noises on the R.

I'd check the front two brake heat shields and then go from there.

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
You can reach through the wheels to the back of the brakes and wiggle the shield. Your hands will get dirty, but if it's a rock etc then it will fall out and you won't hear the noise anymore. I've never actually had to remove a wheel or shield to get rid of it.

san44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR CW
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If it isn’t rocks in the wheels then maybe it’s the wastegate actuator. There’s a thread here somewhere.

Does it sound like scraping/jingling metallic noise when you let of throttle?
Once the engine warms up it does go away.

Cainho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fk8 type r
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Jspr66

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I am having the same issue when I’m doing a pull. It’s like a high pitched scraping sound. It sounds like air being sucked in in the video, but in person it sounds like metal scraping really fast. You can hear it at 0:03 and 0:08. Can’t find out what the issue is.