Stock Turbo Specs

1. Myx

Myx Senior Member

Car(s):
    2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
    Where can I find out more info on the stock turbo specs? Also, what other cars have this same turbocharger model on them? I am trying to do some research instead of trying to re-invent the wheel . Thanks in advance.

2. Doc_C

Doc_C Senior Member

Car(s):
    2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan
    MHI TD03
    There are too many cars to list that have had this turbo

dirty.pineapples and simon_lefisch thanked this.
  3. OP
    Myx

Myx Senior Member

Car(s):
    2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
    That's good enough. MHI TD03. Thanks! I couldn't find it searching. Googling just would turn up the car itself, not the model of the turbo. Example Search

indexcow thanked this.
  4. Micah

Micah Senior Member

Car(s):
    '17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(now) '17 Traverse LT AWD
    I sold off the stock TD04 turbo from my WRX years ago, but they were available used for next to nothing. I wonder if they could be used as a turbo upgrade, in whole or in part.

I remember thinking the TD04 was small since I came from a T3 .60 previously (custom kit 2002 Protege), then upgraded to an IHI VF34 and found it was really well suited to the ej205. It sure would be nice to see some larger turbo options made available....

5. CivicXander

CivicXander Senior Member

Car(s):
    17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
    I wonder if it'd be as easy as a bigger turbo bolt on since it's already in place. I'm just thinking no one has tried to find out yet. So there aren't answers yet.

6. Micah

Micah Senior Member

Car(s):
    '17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(now) '17 Traverse LT AWD
    It is one hell of a dare to take. Get it wrong and you are up for downtime and expenses. I found out years ago whej I slapped a T3 on a non turbo Protege. Was fun for 3 months before it blew 3 large holes in the block. Wound up selling the turbo, manifold, piping, intercooler, injectors, engine management.. just to pay for a new engine.

Granted swapping to a larger turbo is safer than boosting from N/A...