iqbad

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R 2018, Audi TT-RS 2010 400hp, Audi A6 3.0 TFSI 400hp
Country flag
If you look on the stock dyno sheet on the hondata webpage it seems like the engine torque level is approx 325lbft. This corresponds to about 440Nm, meaning about 40Nm more than what Honda claims for the stock engine.

Someone that has Hondata flashpro, could you check what the stock map has as a target torque for instance at 3500rpm, is it 400Nm or actually more?

Honda Civic 10th gen Stock torque target flashpro? ctr_stock_vs_hondata_93_tune

Thanks,
Sponsored

elmerzasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
If you look on the stock dyno sheet on the hondata webpage it seems like the engine torque level is approx 325lbft. This corresponds to about 440Nm, meaning about 40Nm more than what Honda claims for the stock engine.

Someone that has Hondata flashpro, could you check what the stock map has as a target torque for instance at 3500rpm, is it 400Nm or actually more?

ctr_stock_vs_hondata_93_tune.gif

Thanks,
425 Nm

OP
OP
iqbad

iqbad

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Stock equivalent

stock.png

93 basemap

93.png
Thanks for the screenshots, Very informative! But both the base map and the 93 map have some quite unrealistic torque requests, there is no way they can be reached. (Like 370hp stock!?) I guess there will be other tables that limit the power such as boost etc, but is this a good way of tuning the system? For instance requesting very high torque numbers at low revs before boost is available isn’t there a risk of boost overshoot if you get some windup of the boost regulator? Or is this not a problem with this control system?

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Thanks for the screenshots, Very informative! But both the base map and the 93 map have some quite unrealistic torque requests, there is no way they can be reached. (Like 370hp stock!?) I guess there will be other tables that limit the power such as boost etc, but is this a good way of tuning the system? For instance requesting very high torque numbers at low revs before boost is available isn’t there a risk of boost overshoot if you get some windup of the boost regulator? Or is this not a problem with this control system?
425nm is only 313ft/lbs. I believe some people have dynoed their car with a stock tune torque read around there. More than what Honda rates it at least.

The boost curve goes off the throttle torque targets.I personally scale my torque targets down below 4k rpm by 12-15% for longevity's sake. No point in having a ton of torque super low since whenever you're actually getting on the gas you'd be well above 4.5k with the correct gear. That plus the way Hondata's AFR scales by RPM/ and load it's a bit lean way down low. Whenever you hear someone regurgitate the "bent rods" (without actual proof) I'm 100% willing to bet someone dicked up their engine by trying to run a ton of boost/torque down low between 2-3.5k.

The ECU is very fast to cut boost if it overshoots, I don't have much experience with it as mine isn't peaking until around 4.5k

OP
OP
iqbad

iqbad

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I was looking at the above 93 map dyno from hondata, on their dyno sheet they reach 546Nm at 3000rpm, but the target is actually 480Nm as Adam has shown. in my opinion this is quite poor tuning and the high numbers is a cause of the controller overshooting its target heavily. Corrected for the dyno factors (given that actual torque reached is 325Nm for the stock curve) the 93 map does not reach its proper target until at 4000rpm, above that the output is above target, something that should not occur.

Maybe I should post this question to Hondata to get their comment in some other thread?

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I was looking at the above 93 map dyno from hondata, on their dyno sheet they reach 546Nm at 3000rpm, but the target is actually 480Nm as Adam has shown. in my opinion this is quite poor tuning and the high numbers is a cause of the controller overshooting its target heavily. Corrected for the dyno factors (given that actual torque reached is 325Nm for the stock curve) the 93 map does not reach its proper target until at 4000rpm, above that the output is above target, something that should not occur.

Maybe I should post this question to Hondata to get their comment in some other thread?
Also keep in mind that the Dyno hondata uses reads 7-8% higher than what the numbers should be. Like how the stock whp is 317..... Lol

I'm not quite sure how torque targets correlate to power though I can say the torque targets I set do yield more power than the base of 480nm. I did some 4th gear pulls this weekend from 2k-7k (well a tiny bit above 7k). First I did them going both ways down the same road in sport mode where the values aren't changed, and then did it again in +R mode where I have it set going up to 537nm. +R reached the top of 4th gear over a whole second quicker than sport. I put all the runs into virtual Dyno and +R read almost 40hp higher than sport. Sport it said it did it at average 297whp/362 ft/lbs and +R was at 335whp/396ft/lbs. I know the WHP numbers are wrong as there's no way the 93 dp/ic basemap does under 300hp. Plus when I do 3rd gear pulls with the same tune it gives me 360-370 whp. I don't know why there's such a difference between 3rd and 4th gear readings, but you don't use VD for actual power figures, just to gauge if changes in tune do anything. My 3rd gear tourque targets are actually lower than 4th-6th since when I changed from the stock to PRL IC hoses my fuel pump would Max out in 3rd.

It'll be interesting to see how the fuel pump is affected once I get my HVI and titanium inlet..... Any day now......
Sponsored

Last edited: