buttsbunny

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CIVIC LX
Country flag
Hello CivicX. Beyond everything in terms of want, I’ve been noticing that the halogen lights on the stock base are really garbage. I want to change these as soon as possible. Are there recommendations for good LED conversion kits for a budget? Thanks!
Sponsored

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
I like the halogens... plenty bright. I like the separation and contrast with the running lights, headlight, and turn signal. LED is just a white mass that no one can look at directly for more than a couple seconds without their eyes hurting.

OP
OP

buttsbunny

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CIVIC LX
Country flag
I like the halogens... plenty bright. I like the separation and contrast with the running lights, headlight, and turn signal. LED is just a white mass that no one can look at directly for more than a couple seconds without their eyes hurting.
Really? Must be a personal issue on my part then. Looking at getting the Katana h11. People on the forum seem to enjoy them. Will post when finished

Royal_Purple_Oil_Filter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Really? Must be a personal issue on my part then. Looking at getting the Katana h11. People on the forum seem to enjoy them. Will post when finished
When you see the LED strip and your headlights are equal in color in night time...its gloriously perfect.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
I’m definitely in the minority on this opinion. People like the LED housing. I think it looks really cool when the lights aren't on.

Off topic sorta:
I went through a “swap all my bulbs to LEDs” phase not too long ago. Then i pulled up to a red light and saw people shielding their eyes from my side markers. I quickly went home and changed those back to the stock bulbs.
Headlights, if aimed correctly, are fine.

I think if youre swapping other exterior lights for LED bulbs, the ones with the exposed LED diodes are way too bright. The packaging even says “for off road use only”. But there are some brands that have a frosted cover around the diode that i think tone down the brightness, but still keep the Sharp LED look. I used these in all my interior lights. I find LED reverse lights to be useful when reverse parking in dark areas.

OP
OP

buttsbunny

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CIVIC LX
Country flag
I’m definitely in the minority on this opinion. People like the LED housing. I think it looks really cool when the lights aren't on.

Off topic sorta:
I went through a “swap all my bulbs to LEDs” phase not too long ago. Then i pulled up to a red light and saw people shielding their eyes from my side markers. I quickly went home and changed those back to the stock bulbs.

I think if youre swapping other exterior lights for LED bulbs, the ones with the exposed LED diodes are way too bright. The packaging even says “for off road use only”. But there are some brands that have a frosted cover around the diode that i think tone down the brightness, but still keep the Sharp LED look. I used these in all my interior lights. I find LED reverse lights to be useful when reverse parking in dark areas.
Good information to know... NGL I was sort of considering LED my entire car like you did but I don't want to blind myself and others. Do you have links to the covered diodes you were talking about?

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
I have been using Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0s in my lows and have been very happy with them. I thought they were too noisy but then one had a bad fan and after a butter smooth warranty experience with the vendor in Canada, that is now no longer an issue. I have been using them since last Christmas.

I fully intend on getting them for my highs during the black friday sale this fall (Who really uses highs in the summer months much). Also pretty sure I will be getting a set for my wife's CRV.

I have a video of using them in the winter if you are interested...

kipk49

First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe Sport
Country flag
I have been using Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0s in my lows and have been very happy with them. I thought they were too noisy but then one had a bad fan and after a butter smooth warranty experience with the vendor in Canada, that is now no longer an issue. I have been using them since last Christmas.

I fully intend on getting them for my highs during the black friday sale this fall (Who really uses highs in the summer months much). Also pretty sure I will be getting a set for my wife's CRV.

I have a video of using them in the winter if you are interested...
How difficult is the high-beam bulb install?

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had the Hikari H11 9600lm LEDs and they are very good but recently Amazon had a sale on the Katana 12000 lm LEDs and I bought a set. The Katanas are better by a good margin. The coverage and brightness are impressive. Get a set especially if they go on sale. You’ll be very happy with them.

nfsw_andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Acura RSX-S
Country flag
Stock headlights suck ass for light output, I cracked opened the headlights on mine with only 250 miles on the car (LOL) to install the TRS Retroquik kit. It is WAY better now, I can literally light up all lanes of the freeway.

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Off topic sorta:

I'm surprised they could see anything besides being behind their phone while driving

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
My eyes becomes red and watery when I use halogens.
Sponsored