Alcatrax30

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic type r
Country flag
I have a 2018 fk8 running the aem intake, while cruising at 30-50 my iat 2’s are at 118-128 , and at a stop they go up to 140 this is with ambient temp of 87. At WOT temps stay at around 118-125 . Are these normal? What temps are you guys getting with aftermarket intakes? Pic attached is sitting at a stop for like 5 mins they drop as soon as i start moving

Honda Civic 10th gen Stock fk8 aem intake iat 82A25688-0E5B-462B-BB9F-4AC8F4DCF496
Sponsored

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
is that sensor reading from the obd or is it just some sensor running to the intake?

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the temps are high during summer.

I have that intake and it's fine while driving, but since it got realllllly hot, I can feel the car is not as responsive off the line when I sit in traffic for a while. I really should take some reading today after work since I have flashpro

OP
OP
Alcatrax30

Alcatrax30

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic type r
Country flag
is that sensor reading from the obd or is it just some sensor running to the intake?

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the temps are high during summer.

I have that intake and it's fine while driving, but since it got realllllly hot, I can feel the car is not as responsive off the line when I sit in traffic for a while. I really should take some reading today after work since I have flashpro
Yeah its reading from OBD, same issue with not being responsive off the line, put oem back on and it aint much different, hitting 15-19 psi boost. Thinking of of finding a way to channel more air onto the filter or gold wrapping the AEM heat shield., what are your temps looking like?

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So yeah it's the heat man...doubt oem will keep the temps down much either.

So sitting traffic I got up to 145F! Then it fell to 96 while cruising at 60~70. I saw it drop down to the 100~104range at full throttle going through 1-5 gear

Oh it was 85 out today

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also those temps your looking at might be the intercooler? IC is right in front of the motor so tough to cool I'd think

OP
OP
Alcatrax30

Alcatrax30

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic type r
Country flag
Iat2 is the MAF and iat 1 is the intercooler, was thinking of swapping in mishimoto intake but i dont think temps will be much different even with the box. Your temps are similar to mine, are you hitting full boost??

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Iat2 is the MAF and iat 1 is the intercooler, was thinking of swapping in mishimoto intake but i dont think temps will be much different even with the box. Your temps are similar to mine, are you hitting full boost??
So from what I understand boost is dependant on factors involved like elevation and climate. Mine feels fast as hell lol. I'll check how much boost I'm seeing later tomorrow

OP
OP
Alcatrax30

Alcatrax30

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic type r
Country flag
So from what I understand boost is dependant on factors involved like elevation and climate. Mine feels fast as hell lol. I'll check how much boost I'm seeing later tomorrow
Cool thanks bro, i live in houston texas and its hot as hell here , i’m going to install a turbo blanket and intake pipe blanket and retake temps hopefully they help a bit