Stock Firestone Mileage

TheWalkman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many
Country flag
Today I replaced my '16, OEM Firestones after 37,500 miles.

I decided on a new set of Pirelli P7s that seem like a decent set of all weather tourers.

How many miles did you get on yours?
Sponsored

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
I swapped mine out early for Goodyear Eagle Sports. Could have gone much longer on the OEM firestones but I didn't like them. Do you notice a difference with the new Pirelli's?

OP
OP

TheWalkman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many
Country flag
Although I have less than fifty miles on the Pirellis, I do notice that they are much quieter than the old Firestones; they have a softer ride and are smoothing out road vibrations (as would be expected with new, deeper tread; they don’t feel as tight cornering but that too, could be because of the new, deeper tread.

The P7s are billed as performance, all weather tires which suits my needs well. They really do make the Civic rise like a bigger car in the highway.

I’ll report back after a couple of thousand miles on long term impressions.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Replaced mine at 44k b/c I was sick of them. Tread-wise could have gotten about 55-60k. But between a plug/patch of the right rear tire, my left rear tire going flat one day at work, and signs of dry-rotting, I went to a tire shop a few months back and dropped 'em.

Had to go with lower-end tires than I would have if I had a longer period of time, but I had a trip and had to get some lower-end Goodyears. Still light years better than the Firestones.

I had the P7s on my other car years ago. They were an excellent tire, they'd be in my top 3 if I had to choose.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
After 10k miles, I am down to 7/32" from 10 so I don't expect to get much more than 30k total. I will likely replace them much sooner than worn right out as I pretty much know what I want and they will be better than these tires for sure.

Depending on how I feel when I do replace them, it will either be Michelin Pilot A/S 3+ or a long lasting touring tire like the Altimax RT43 or Pirelli P7 Plus. I have owned both brands and have been happy with them both. Where I get to run winters for half the year, I don't have to be as concerned with the lifetime of the "summer" tires I use.

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
I've had the best of luck with Continental tires amongst alot of competitors, even Pirelli. Particularly the ExtremeContact DWS06. By far the best tires I've ever owned.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
I've had the best of luck with Continental tires amongst alot of competitors, even Pirelli. Particularly the ExtremeContact DWS06. By far the best tires I've ever owned.
I have been eyeballing those hard as well. I have 3 sets of Generals on the go at the moment (2 winters and one set of RT43) and am very happy with them and with Continental owning General, I am open to switching to them.

OP
OP

TheWalkman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many
Country flag
I have been eyeballing those hard as well. I have 3 sets of Generals on the go at the moment (2 winters and one set of RT43) and am very happy with them and with Continental owning General, I am open to switching to them.
I now have about 2500 miles on the P7s and a man happy. I've done a couple of major trips and my conclusions are:

Pros:

Quiet
Softer ride
Handle well in the rain
Good grip

Cons:

My mileage seems to have decrease just a tad

Overall I'm satisfied and would recommend the P7s.