Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys,

I threw away my stock bypass valve (BPV) and was wondering if anyone knew where I could either another stock one OR where I can order a full recirculation one. Thank you.

P.S Will a tune with the BOV help power or will I make more power with a recirc one?
Sponsored

Last edited:

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A non recirculating valve vents metered air which will negatively affect any CivicX tune.

tehSteve

GrayBeard McGootch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
Good luck on your search.

Without a tune, you will experience weird throttle response and increase turbo lag because air is being dumped outside instead of back in.
With a tune, MAF (and other) settings can be tweaked a bit to make the setup work.

In the end, you are still messing more with the tune settings than you would with a stock recirc.
And in my opinion making up for something (turbo lag), results in "pushing" the car harder than necessary.

If you want a cool sound. Get an intake and tune. Leave the recirc alone. Most car guys change out the recirc when it physically starts boost leaking. Example: EvoX peeps leaked at 26psi and went Tial

OP
OP
VidaDeX

VidaDeX

Dm Slder
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good luck on your search.

Without a tune, you will experience weird throttle response and increase turbo lag because air is being dumped outside instead of back in.
With a tune, MAF (and other) settings can be tweaked a bit to make the setup work.

In the end, you are still messing more with the tune settings than you would with a stock recirc.
And in my opinion making up for something (turbo lag), results in "pushing" the car harder than necessary.

If you want a cool sound. Get an intake and tune. Leave the recirc alone. Most car guys change out the recirc when it physically starts boost leaking. Example: EvoX peeps leaked at 26psi and went Tial
Thanks bro, I will just be patient and wait for my performance parts to come in (PRL Front pipe and down pipe, PRL Cobra CAI, and looking into charge pipes and ordering their FMIC intercooler and upgrading clutch) then going to get a tune from @VitViper Hopefully I didnt end up wasting 170$ in the end...

ClemsonPatriot

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
VidaDeX

VidaDeX

Dm Slder
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It also says it's a fit for Honda 1.5T. So, several companies have used the same part.... not out of the ordinary
just ordered thank you

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
If you bought a BOV for 170, you certainly did waste 170 dollars.. no good for our cars. Like others said, stick with stock or get a upgraded recirculating one.

Mogadee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Mazdaspeed 3, '17 WOP Si Sedan
Country flag
Hey guys,

I threw away my stock bypass valve (BPV) and was wondering if anyone knew where I could either another stock one OR where I can order a full recirculation one. Thank you.

P.S Will a tune with the BOV help power or will I make more power with a recirc one?
http://hondapartsnetwork.com/assemb...ivic-Coupe-SI-6-Speed-Manual-Air-Bypass-Valve
http://hondapartsnetwork.com/assemb...17-Civic-Coupe-SI-6-Speed-Manual-Turbocharger

You may find the OEM in either of those links. BOV will give you a loss of power that cannot be tuned around. Vit has mentioned such elsewhere in these forums.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I have sometimes heard of BPV being discussed as a method of reducing risk of hydrolock when running a CAI. Would our stock BPV also serve this purpose?

Greencobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si 2016 Mazda CX-9

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
What's the point of upgrading the rec valve? I had the boomba and ended up removing it and going back stock. Might be in my head but the car feels faster so what does this"upgrade" do? Does it sound different or is it another expensive paper weight?
Well that’s the thing, you had boomba, which is a BOV which doesn’t work on our cars. Forge is recirculating valve, which is what you want to be running. I’m sure it has a different sound, probably can hold more boost then the factory one.
Sponsored