Stimulus package purchase?!

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
It seemed like this place was one of very few places on the internet that I could escape politics. It was nice.

I guess I was wrong. Lol.

I hate politics and everything that goes along with it. But if I had to sum up my views...

20191005_033241.jpg

:D
to be fair this type of thread involved politics from the very beginning, if it wasn't for politics there wouldn't be a stimulus package and this thread wouldn't exist.

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
to be fair this type of thread involved politics from the very beginning, if it wasn't for politics there wouldn't be a stimulus package and this thread wouldn't exist.
No doubt. I guess I was talking more about the bickering. But at least this place isn't like most online arenas, with both sides of the political fence going at eachother's throats non-stop. I cringe any time I read the comments on basically any political related post anywhere online.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
No doubt. I guess I was talking more about the bickering. But at least this place isn't like most online arenas, with both sides of the political fence going at eachother's throats non-stop. I cringe any time I read the comments on basically any political related post anywhere online.
Everything is political. Where cars are manufactured and assembled is a result of politics. Having the oil dilution issue and the oil weight choice are influenced by politics. Car AC design and paint technology are also affected by politics.
As for pure political bickering, different forum owners make their own decisions, but I personally don't see much harm if it's done in separate threads. No one is forced or obliged to participate in this and suffer needlessly in a sort of self-inflicted misery.

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
Everything is political. Where cars are manufactured and assembled is a result of politics. Having the oil dilution issue and the oil weight choice are influenced by politics. Car AC design and paint technology are also affected by politics.
As for pure political bickering, different forum owners make their own decisions, but I personally don't see much harm if it's done in separate threads. No one is forced or obliged to participate in this and suffer needlessly in a sort of self-inflicted misery.
Of course everything can be turned to politics, if you try hard enough. People who go out of their way to do so are annoying, though (not that I've seen that here, thankfully). Specific threads on politics are easy enough to avoid. I'm a long time member on one of the largest gun forums, so obviously politics are a front and center issue. Even there, I avoid those topics like the plague.

Back on topic; In reference to my original post in this thread: I found out that the one local car audio shop that was highly recommended to me on Reddit, is still open for business despite NY's "Pause Act" that closed down any non-essential businesses, due to an exemption for businesses with only 1 employee (the owner is the sole employee). So I will be going with my original plan for my stimulus check of getting a little bit of thump for the weak factory audio system. I'm thinking a single 12" and amp. Nothing crazy. I just miss having any sort of audible bass. Lol.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
OK everybody. Check your bank balance today. If you direct deposit with the IRS, your stimulus money should be there (or pending).

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
OK everybody. Check your bank balance today. If you direct deposit with the IRS, your stimulus money should be there.
Yep, mine is there. A little sooner than I expected, too. Thanks for the heads up

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Because of my convoluted tax situation, I may not get it at all, thanks IRS :thumbsup:

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Because I'm disabled and don't make enough to file taxes,I have to wait to get mine. Makes total sense. Yea right.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Yep got mine now it’s tire shopping

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I want those 2020 smoked led headlights the SI have, I’m debating hard. Or rather I want the touring headlights in general. OEM of course.

Last edited:

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah... I got mine.

Broke ground on the pool yesterday... then got rained out. A lot of rain in SE GA... I’m thinking of returning it and asking them to dig deeper and just stocking it with bluegill (J/K). Looks like a meteor hit the backyard. Oh well... work in progress.

Before (about 3-4 weeks ago?)... old coop... behind the house. Fire pit still there. Before pulling out 11 trees, most of them small
Honda Civic 10th gen Stimulus package purchase?! 6F52FB40-C7D8-4FC8-BD58-B83179FCAF69

Current: new coop build. Trees out. Fire pit dug our. Disaster scene from “Deep Impact” recreated in excruciating detail. 10 cu yards of fill already added to the back to raise some. Going to use the rest from the pool excavation to finish hopefully.

Honda Civic 10th gen Stimulus package purchase?! AD375145-1307-4EBD-AEAB-0BD7C27C55DB