Stimulus package purchase?!

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pay off some debt, put some in savings, maybe get the OEM rear diffuser.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
It's not official yet. Senate Republicans have written up a proposal, but details are sure to be debated by both sides. AFAIK, there will probably be an income limit for anyone recieving a check. $75k gross is the number I'm reading. They might even only choose to give money as a supplement to anyone unemployed.

If any is curious or bored, here's the current 247 page proposal: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6815366-HEN20255.html#document/p1

If you want to know how a bill turns to law, go watch some school house rock videos :thumbsup:

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
Does anyone know if this bill will only cover everyone or except companies with 500+ people? I'm getting tired of these democrats and republicans vetoing each other out of spite even if whatever bill or law proposed helps everyone.
I'm pretty screwed if my workplace is forced to close.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I expect it to cover everyone who filed a tax return, regardless of employment. Below the household income limit (maybe 75k) it should be the full amount, then it will start decreasing until some income where you would get nothing. Also some amount per child. Again, it's what I would expect, the future is generally not predictable.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
I am not "American", but if I receive anything at all from Mr. Trudeau (not bloody likely), I will just bank it in case I need it later.

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
I've really been wanting wheels, but that would probably wipe out the whole check and then some. I could do it, but eh, I don't know. Since we have no idea how long this is going to last, I'm not really in the frivolous spending mood. Car wise, I'd probably get a sub/amp for some added bass to the weak stock sound system, and put the rest toward food and supplies for the house. While my fam and I are not currently struggling for anything (knock on wood), this whole thing has been a real eye opener as far as being prepared for any real length of time without access to all the normal stores/supplies that you take for granted everyday. I want to definitely set up a well-stocked pantry area in the basement.

I'm fortunate enough to have a job that has absolutely zero chance of closing down or even laying off employees. Non-essential employees have already been put on a 2 week paid hiatus (and luckily they don't even have to use any accrued time to get full pay). My title is considered essential. I'm actually more worried that I'll be at work if/when word comes down that whoever is on shift must stay on shift for who knows how long. I mean, the paychecks would be insane, as pay turns to 1.5x after 8hrs and 2x after 16hrs for us, but I'd much rather get my standard 40ish hrs, be home with my family in my off time and get my normal paycheck. I feel for those who have no choice and have been laid off, or just put out with no pay until further notice, and for business owners who are being forced to shut down operations. Which is why I consider my situation both a blessing and a curse.

RS27

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6 spd / 2019 Civic Coupe Sport CVT / 05 E46 M3 6MT Slicktop
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
You can’t make more than 75k, so many of us are out. If I did qualify, I’d do what the fellow said above. Invest in the tanking market. I was too young and dumb in the 08 crash. Just bought 10 grand of oil stocks 2 days ago. Going to increase that significantly as the weeks pass and (hopefully) the market keeps tanking.

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can’t make more than 75k, so many of us are out. If I did qualify, I’d do what the fellow said above. Invest in the tanking market. I was too young and dumb in the 08 crash. Just bought 10 grand of oil stocks 2 days ago. Going to increase that significantly as the weeks pass and (hopefully) the market keeps tanking.
This is the latest plan, of course nothing is finalized...

You would get the full amount if you made less than $75k in 2018. If you made between 75k and 99k, it will be reduced in intervals. If you make over $99k, you don't get one.

FLOPPER

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX 6MT
Country flag
Invest in rice, beans, Spam, water purifier, and lead.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
I bought an Invidia R400 exhaust and Swift lowering springs, even got a free t-shirt :beer:

In reality you should really invest that, especially with the deep discount in the stock market right now.

Thanks_Enjoi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI Sedan
Country flag
I hate that they pretend they have money to give out. They are more in debt than all the people who are receiving this money. They need to stimulate their own income by collecting taxes more efficiently, correcting the tax gap, and stop spending more than they make. But instead they approach everything like a con artist, just trying to make things look good and hiding the books. Stimulus or not, I honestly don't need this money so I won't keep it. I'll donate my check to a charity and they will certainly spend it. And yes, I'm advocating this as a better plan for most recipients.
While you are allowed your thoughts. I think more research should be taken into thought. Why do we hold the world's strongest economy for that matter.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
While you are allowed your thoughts. I think more research should be taken into thought. Why do we hold the world's strongest economy for that matter.
I don't know, I kinda agree with him, I don't know about the strongest economy etc etc, but I know they have been telling us for years that social security isn't going to be around because they are spending it. It isn't even their money to be touching in the first place, and with everyone being forced to pay it, how could it ever not be there??

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I don't know, I kinda agree with him, I don't know about the strongest economy etc etc, but I know they have been telling us for years that social security isn't going to be around because they are spending it. It isn't even their money to be touching in the first place, and with everyone being forced to pay it, how could it ever not be there??
You are right, it's just the typical politician's scare tactics. You need me, to fight for you.
SS is not going to disappear. And the increasing number of retired people is not a problem either.
Sponsored