Still on the factory-fill of washer fluid

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
In the category of 'useless threads of the day,' I'm reporting that I'm still on my factory (or dealer?) washer fluid fill. I just don't let the car get dirty, don't use it when the windows get frosted, and don't use it to 'get back at' tail-gaters. (I have the EDM rear fog light for that!)

I've had the car since late July 2017 and will probably turn 15,000mi tomorrow.
Sponsored

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 PMM Civic Type R '07 MR Fit Sport (RIP)
Country flag
anybody know the capacity of the washer fluid tank? My other car (07 Fit) has a tank that's less than 1 gallon, so I end up with partial bottles all the time. kinda annoying.

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
anybody know the capacity of the washer fluid tank? My other car (07 Fit) has a tank that's less than 1 gallon, so I end up with partial bottles all the time. kinda annoying.
Pretty sure this one is under a gallon too. I usually just fill mine when the Low Washer Fluid light comes on in our MDX - I use the 'leftover' to fill mine.

Of course this hasn't happened yet with this big black car.

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
In the category of 'useless threads of the day,' I'm reporting that I'm still on my factory (or dealer?) washer fluid fill. I just don't let the car get dirty, don't use it when the windows get frosted, and don't use it to 'get back at' tail-gaters. (I have the EDM rear fog light for that!)

So, if you don't use your washer fluid, you won't have to refill it? I'll have to remember that. :)

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So, if you don't use your washer fluid, you won't have to refill it? I'll have to remember that. :)
lolz. Pro tip!!
Drain it for weight savings!

Vortexhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM Civic Type R GT #10432
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I've used over 3 gallons after 11k miles and 1 year and a week of ownership. But then again, UK weather and backroads everyday. Since early November my car is dirty the minute I leave my garage :( :( :(

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

lol, same here, but didn't realize it till I saw this post. I'm at just over 13K miles...crazy to think it still has some left

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Whatever the ceramic coating people put on the windshield helps a lot although it's not as 'strong' as it used to be.

Swank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe Black
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The dealer should top it up with every oil change (it was on the checklist they provide after each service). I never bought any for my 8th gen, had that for 11 years, never had to add a drop. Mad savings yo.

Phantisy

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.primalsynthetics.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 Honda Fit Sport, 17 Honda CTR
Country flag
On my original fill as well. I use RainX so I never need my wipers. They cause scratches anyway. I just clean the windshield is needed by hand. And
PLEASE don't be one of those asshat people who likes to blind people. That's not solving the problem it's potentially creating a bigger problem that you're be at fault for.
Sponsored