Still in search of a CTR (sad face)

mrcivictyper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW CTR
Country flag
Those are seriously the 2 colors I'm torn between. Red looks sooooo god in the Type R with all the black accents and color just pops out. But I'm going to go with the Champ White just because it's the heritage color and I've always wanted a real Champ White Type R. I'm big purist lol.
There is a red one at Hoehn Honda which should be close to you. It isn't in the showroom but instead sitting in the back near the service bays. Just ask a sales person to show you. Man if it is out of sight, these cars are left dirty (well at least at this dealership). BTW...they were asking too much for it.
Sponsored

ChampwhiteFK8

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW Type R
Country flag
There is a red one at Hoehn Honda which should be close to you. It isn't in the showroom but instead sitting in the back near the service bays. Just ask a sales person to show you. Man if it is out of sight, these cars are left dirty (well at least at this dealership). BTW...they were asking too much for it.
Yep, Hoehn Honda is down the street from where I live. Yeah I know about it but there's no way I am going to pay their asking price and they won't budge for MSRP so I guess it will sit there for a while.

_my.ko

First Name
myko
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Those are seriously the 2 colors I'm torn between. Red looks sooooo god in the Type R with all the black accents and color just pops out. But I'm going to go with the Champ White just because it's the heritage color and I've always wanted a real Champ White Type R. I'm big purist lol.
That's how I broke down my decision too!

Since July..I still wish I also had both..

_my.ko

First Name
myko
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good to know I'm not only one facing/faced that dilemma. Do you regret going with the CW over the Red?
a little of a no because i have a red integra to ease the temptation

but there's 2 red ctr in my city...that really doesn't help me ugh

in the end, white still is the traditional #1

hearing other old timer ITR owners as well, they also say the red is the second best ctr color

i agree. so either way you win. white. red. you're good man!

OP
OP
Pete Roze

Pete Roze

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Welp..

The one in Georgia sold..
The red one in Tampa sold..

There's a second CW in Tampa, theyre asking 10k over sticker *sigh*

and there's a Metallic Grey, and theyre asking 5k over MSRP.

sublimecat

Old guy who likes fast cars!
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger 4wd, 2008 Dodge Caliber SRT, 2012 Miata Grand Touring, 2015 Dodge Hellcat, 2018 Championship White CTR, 2020 Ram 2500 Limited Megacab
Country flag
Welp..

The one in Georgia sold..
The red one in Tampa sold..

There's a second CW in Tampa, theyre asking 10k over sticker *sigh*

and there's a Metallic Grey, and theyre asking 5k over MSRP.
They can ask anything they want. The dealer I bought from was asking $7k over. We settled at $1k over. It’s a free market, that’s how it works. You don’t have to like it but if you want a car start negotiating and be prepared to walk out. I walked out twice and politely told them no over the phone twice as well before they reached the point I was willing to pay.

sublimecat

Old guy who likes fast cars!
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger 4wd, 2008 Dodge Caliber SRT, 2012 Miata Grand Touring, 2015 Dodge Hellcat, 2018 Championship White CTR, 2020 Ram 2500 Limited Megacab
Country flag

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
Yep, Hoehn Honda is down the street from where I live. Yeah I know about it but there's no way I am going to pay their asking price and they won't budge for MSRP so I guess it will sit there for a while.
I think there are 3-4 red ones in the SD area sitting on lots. I'm 5 mins from Hoehn as well, but they're asking the most from what I can tell of the SD dealers. Not fully sure, as I don't get that far with any of them because none are at MSRP yet. I think Hoehn is asking $10K, but that ship sailed. I imagine they'll sell for a $2K-$5K ADM range these days. I've waited so long at this point that waiting longer for MSRP doesn't phase me anymore.

OP
OP
Pete Roze

Pete Roze

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R

OP
OP
Pete Roze

Pete Roze

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
I think there are 3-4 red ones in the SD area sitting on lots. I'm 5 mins from Hoehn as well, but they're asking the most from what I can tell of the SD dealers. Not fully sure, as I don't get that far with any of them because none are at MSRP yet. I think Hoehn is asking $10K, but that ship sailed. I imagine they'll sell for a $2K-$5K ADM range these days. I've waited so long at this point that waiting longer for MSRP doesn't phase me anymore.
I'm kind of there too.. The best ive gotten has been 5K over for a metallic one.. May just wait a little longer and get the CW when one eventually comes along closer to me. They cant ask for inflated prices forever... can they hahaha ??

TypeR_42

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2014 Mazda6
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thatd be a sweet deal.. unfortunately, I have a trade that im going to have to try to get rid of. I'm not too sure what to do about that.
Lock in the deal on your Type R. Then tell them about your trade and get a baseline value for it, via email. Then make the drive to Indy and bring the Type R home. That's what I did last weekend. I live in Charlotte NC and drove to Huntington WV and brought it back. I realize your drive from FL to Indy is certainly much further but do whatever it takes, within reason, to get the car for the price you are willing to pay, MSRP. Best of luck .

OP
OP
Pete Roze

Pete Roze

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Haha,

Was going to go to a dealership today a few hours away.

Called early this afternoon to start negotiating over the phone to see if we could meet on numbers and see what i could get for my trade in. Spoke to 2 different people AND hit up the internet sales guy.

Everyone has taken my info and said theyll get right back to me.. and.. nothing.

I bought my BMW back in 2012 completely over the phone.. showed up, signed papers and left.

Honda..

*crickets*

fastSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type-R 2018 CW #13019
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You guy's arent lucky for the price they want for the R where you live

I work in a Honda dealership in Québec,Canada...

We sold 5 Type-R for 2017 and so far 2 for 2018 and we never sell over MSRP..

Our price here is $49,500 tx included canadian (everything,fees,preparation,all ...not a penny more)

$49,500 CDN is $39,258 US

fk8_#798

First Name
pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 civic is fully built engine and tranny supercharged e85 , 2017 civic touring 1.5t sedan., 2017 civic type r hatchback 2.0 turbocharged
If your serious about the type r i have a white one here now 2018 dover delaware 302-734-1000 ext 680 ., @ msrp $ 34,990.00 plus tags,tax and title (which is based off your own state).........
we also have cool accessories for it , oem red carbon fiber wing ,oem red carbon fiber door mirror covers , oem red leather shift knob , black oem lug nuts .,all items can be installed as a package price of $37,308.00 which includes install. or drive off with no accessories for $34,990.00 plus tags tax and title......... ******accessories are an option not a form of mark up*****

Ive sold 4 so far including mine ., and two out of my 4 customers were from out of state , one from texas and one from california .the other two stayed in delaware., mine and a friends

***********SERIOUS INQUIRY ONLY******** I DON'T DO OVER THE PHONE TRADE IN APPRAISAL., IF YOU HAVE A TRADE PLEASE BRING IT TO US. TO AVOID ANY DISAGREEMENTS PLEASE BRING THE CAR IN... PLEASE MENTION THIS POST
Sponsored