Stereo output is weak

Patrick Bateman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 FK8, ‘19 XC60 R-Design, ‘17 ZL1, ‘02 SS
Country flag
My ‘18 Type R’s stereo is incredibly weak. I can put it on max volume and have a normal conversation with someone sitting next to me.
The car has 200 miles on it and I’m hoping there’s something simple the dealer didn’t do upon arrival. I don’t have much free time during the Dealer’s service hours so I was hoping someone knows what’s up.

Thanks
Sponsored

TonyD

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rallye Red Type R
Country flag
That doesn't seem right. FYI normal volume for me is about level 16-18 and 20 or so for a song I really want to rock out. Above that and its too loud and not clear enough to blast. It does vary a little based on the source.

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
what is your source? BT, AUX or Car-play?

My ‘18 Type R’s stereo is incredibly weak. I can put it on max volume and have a normal conversation with someone sitting next to me.
The car has 200 miles on it and I’m hoping there’s something simple the dealer didn’t do upon arrival. I don’t have much free time during the Dealer’s service hours so I was hoping someone knows what’s up.

Thanks

LuckyTypeROwner18

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I found that if your phone is connect via Bluetooth then the volume only goes up to 10 and is of course super quiet. But if connected via a cable, into the USB, then the volume max significantly changes. I would agree though that the stereo unit, as a whole, is super weak with regards to Bass vs Treble vs Mids vs Balance. Just not enough power coming from the HU to power all the speaks and sub in back.

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 NSX, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Yes, Snoopy is right. If you are on bluetooth you should turn the phone's volume to max and then adjust the volume as needed with the stereo.

Something else to test would be to tune in to an FM station and check what the volume is. If it's normal and loud, then it's likely your phone's volume you have to turn up.

OP
OP
Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 FK8, ‘19 XC60 R-Design, ‘17 ZL1, ‘02 SS
Country flag
Y’all were right. I used a cord and it’s output is now what I would expect.
Thanks for the help. Glad I didn’t have to make time to go to the dealer to embarrass myself lol.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Y’all were right. I used a cord and it’s output is now what I would expect.
Thanks for the help. Glad I didn’t have to make time to go to the dealer to embarrass myself lol.
My wife made me take her to the phone store because her new phone volume was terrible. It was very muffled. So we walk in there and I explain about the volume to the guy and play some music. He goes "that's not right, pull the case off so I can have a look at it." So I pull the case off it and see her drivers license behind the phone....blocking the speaker. I wish I could have got a photo of the look I gave her. I thanked the gentleman and proceeded on the walk of shame.
Sponsored