Steel RIM specs?... everyone has different story.

GoodBytes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX
Country flag
Hello,

I am looking to buy some steel rims for winter tires on the Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 SE Sedan. 16inch. I plan to get Michelin X-Ice Xi3 (if I am not mistaken: 215/55R16/XL 97H) with them.

The problem I have, is that every site I go (or whom I call), the suggested steel rims are different specs, and I can't find the specs from Honda's official steel rims (basically, the ones that the LX trim has).

I got suggested (calling), non-Hub-centric ones, saying those are the only ones that fit the car, and that the car does not support hub-centric ones.

I also got suggest hub-centric ones at different locations, 16inch, but the offset is different from each ones I call: 38mm, 40mm or 42mm depending on the website or who I call to get the info.

And the "CB" is also different. I got:
64.1CB
71.5CB

What's CB?

The only thing I got common is:
Size: 16 X 6.5
Bolt Pattern (mm): 5 x 114.3

Any help would be much appreciated!
Sponsored

Last edited:

pikwit

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatch Sport 2001 BMW M3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
CB is center bore. The civic has a 64.1 center bore so a wheel in that size will be hub centric. If you get wheels with a larger CB they will bolt up but not be hub centric. You can usually get hub centric rings for wheels to match. You won't notice much if any difference between those offsets you listed either.

OP
OP

GoodBytes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX
Country flag
CB is center bore. The civic has a 64.1 center bore so a wheel in that size will be hub centric. If you get wheels with a larger CB they will bolt up but not be hub centric. You can usually get hub centric rings for wheels to match. You won't notice much if any difference between those offsets you listed either.
Ok cool! So I guess some shops were trying to sale incompatible ones (non hub centric ones).

Doesn't the offset affects the installation of the wheel cover?

Maple7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SE, 2008 Civic EX-L, 2004 Civic LX-G, 2002 Civic LX-G
Hello,

I am looking to buy some steel rims for winter tires on the Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 SE Sedan. 16inch. I plan to get Michelin X-Ice Xi3 (if I am not mistaken: 215/55R16/XL 97H) with them.

The problem I have, is that every site I go (or whom I call), the suggested steel rims are different specs, and I can't find the specs from Honda's official steel rims (basically, the ones that the LX trim has).

I got suggested (calling), non-Hub-centric ones, saying those are the only ones that fit the car, and that the car does not support hub-centric ones.

I also got suggest hub-centric ones at different locations, 16inch, but the offset is different from each ones I call: 38mm, 40mm or 42mm depending on the website or who I call to get the info.

And the "CB" is also different. I got:
64.1CB
71.5CB

What's CB?

The only thing I got common is:
Size: 16 X 6.5
Bolt Pattern (mm): 5 x 114.3

Any help would be much appreciated!
Just bought the Michelin XIce xi3 for my 2018 Civic SE sedan. Initially wanted to get the 16" OEM steel wheel but ended up buying aftermarket RWC HO900 (google it, looks nice) from Pickering Honda. They sell the steel wheel around CA$77.72 if you buy the tire also from them. But then if I have to buy the cover etc, it'll get close to the aftermarket RWC alloy price (just an extra CA$280) the H centre cap sticker included.
From what I see on various internet site, the OEM wheel Size 16x7 offset 45 CB 64.1 5x114.3.
OEM steel wheel part# 42700-TBA-A12

Honda Civic 10th gen Steel RIM specs?... everyone has different story. IMG_7194.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP

GoodBytes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX
Country flag
Just bought the Michelin XIce xi3 for my 2018 Civic SE sedan. Initially wanted to get the 16" OEM steel wheel but ended up buying aftermarket RWC HO900 (google it, looks nice) from Pickering Honda. They sell the steel wheel around CA$77.72 if you buy the tire also from them. But then if I have to buy the cover etc, it'll get close to the aftermarket RWC alloy price (just an extra CA$280) the H centre cap sticker included.
From what I see on various internet site, the OEM wheel Size 16x7 offset 45 CB 64.1 5x114.3.
OEM steel wheel part# 42700-TBA-A12
Oh awesome!
Sadly, the tires is for my mother, and I proposed what you have, but she isn't interested.
Will probably do like you for my Honda Civic EX 2016 in the future. :)

Maple7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SE, 2008 Civic EX-L, 2004 Civic LX-G, 2002 Civic LX-G
Oh awesome!
Sadly, the tires is for my mother, and I proposed what you have, but she isn't interested.
Will probably do like you for my Honda Civic EX 2016 in the future. :)
Yup, steel is a good choice in that case. It can deal with potholes better, more forgiving . The fancy looking rims are more brittle, need to be more careful.
Sponsored