tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I don't see why shouldn't they put it on everything. It proofs the capability (and reliability) of the engine. You don't see Ferrari putting their engines on anything else other than F1. Sorry, but sounds a little like a social status issue IMHO.

P.S.: You are in a forum for likely minded folks, so I hope you were expecting the criticism.
I don't think the comparison to Ferrari is fair since they don't offer a crate engine (to my knowledge). Making a comparison to something like the Hellcat or Demon crate engines would be more fair since they actually exist.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
I don't see why shouldn't they put it on everything. It proofs the capability (and reliability) of the engine. You don't see Ferrari putting their engines on anything else other than F1. Sorry, but sounds a little like a social status issue IMHO.

P.S.: You are in a forum for likely minded folks, so I hope you were expecting the criticism.
I dont mind criticism at all when it's nice and in lines with the conversation like yours is. I know my posts are polarizing on the opinion front I mostly post them to get conversation going. It's when people come in and are just being jerks with thier replies I tend to fire back and then not because im offended or protecting my opinion but because thier attitude is not nessisary in the community.

I'll freely admit I love civics I have had 4 now. And yes I tend to buy cars that are ones not everyone has as I hate seeing my car 40 times at every trip to the store. Social status hummm I'm not social lol. But maybe. I got my second civic cause it had a factory body kit that in the years I had it I never saw another one. I got my Si cause it was fire opal pearl (the orange) and never in 2 years saw another one that color. Then the R , supposedly limited , rare, numbered, not gonna make many, not to mention kick ass and fast and I been wanting one for like ever.... I was oh yeah and got one. Well year and half later, and im in a smaller town too, and there are 10 floating around my town. Heck I saw no other ones like mymass produced ex or Si ever and 10 of my limited rare R. Lol so yeah for me personally it does not feel so special when I see them everywhere.

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag
I dont mind criticism at all when it's nice and in lines with the conversation like yours is. I know my posts are polarizing on the opinion front I mostly post them to get conversation going. It's when people come in and are just being jerks with thier replies I tend to fire back and then not because im offended or protecting my opinion but because thier attitude is not nessisary in the community.

I'll freely admit I love civics I have had 4 now. And yes I tend to buy cars that are ones not everyone has as I hate seeing my car 40 times at every trip to the store. Social status hummm I'm not social lol. But maybe. I got my second civic cause it had a factory body kit that in the years I had it I never saw another one. I got my Si cause it was fire opal pearl (the orange) and never in 2 years saw another one that color. Then the R , supposedly limited , rare, numbered, not gonna make many, not to mention kick ass and fast and I been wanting one for like ever.... I was oh yeah and got one. Well year and half later, and im in a smaller town too, and there are 10 floating around my town. Heck I saw no other ones like mymass produced ex or Si ever and 10 of my limited rare R. Lol so yeah for me personally it does not feel so special when I see them everywhere.
Lol yeah well if you wanted a car that no one else has ever bought then make one. Otherwise deal with the fact that other people have bought it. Or customize it so it is one of a kind, new paint job, rims, etc. but buying any car and thinking you’re the only person who owns one is naive and silly.

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Lol yeah well if you wanted a car that no one else has ever bought then make one. Otherwise deal with the fact that other people have bought it. Or customize it so it is one of a kind, new paint job, rims, etc. but buying any car and thinking you’re the only person who owns one is naive and silly.
Never said I wanted the only car. Was just pointing out I saw no other ones of my versions of my mass produced civics but the R seems everywere around here .

So if you need a new car and went to a dealer who had 40 of one car 40 of another and 2 of a third. On way to dealer you saw 300 of each of the 40 cars and none of the 2 and all three were cars you wanted I'll bet you would pick the car that not everyone else had. That's all I'm saying.

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
You bought the first year release of a Honda, you didn’t actually expect they were gonna stop making it? That’s not what Honda does, or any other mass production car manufacturer for that matter. Excuse you me for saying, but I think your expectations were very unrealistic.

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You bought the first year release of a Honda, you didn’t actually expect they were gonna stop making it? That’s not what Honda does, or any other mass production car manufacturer for that matter. Excuse you me for saying, but I think your expectations were very unrealistic.
Lol yes, I expected then to make only my car for me and if not for only one year... were do you guys see that I said anything like that? I go back and try to read between the lines of my own posts to figure out where some of you come up with the stuff you say I say and I just cant.

All I said was it feels less special when a car that was suppose to be limited is getting its tech spread around. That's all nothing else. You guys put some crazy things in my mouth I never said. Oh well that's the net for ya.

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
Well year and half later, and im in a smaller town too, and there are 10 floating around my town. Heck I saw no other ones like mymass produced ex or Si ever and 10 of my limited rare R. Lol so yeah for me personally it does not feel so special when I see them everywhere.
Makes more sense to me now.
I only see one every once in a while where I'm at. To the point where when I do see one, I'm like, "hey look, another R! :D"

I didn't buy this car for the fact that it's relatively rare, but I do enjoy being in a car that I don't see around.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I haven't seen a CTR on the road in over a year. Just saw one cruise up alongside my SI today, and I immediately thoight, "man that looks awesome!". We exchange waves and he went on his way.

Felt pretty special to me, and it wasn't even my car, lol.

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Lol yes, I expected then to make only my car for me and if not for only one year... were do you guys see that I said anything like that? I go back and try to read between the lines of my own posts to figure out where some of you come up with the stuff you say I say and I just cant.

All I said was it feels less special when a car that was suppose to be limited is getting its tech spread around. That's all nothing else. You guys put some crazy things in my mouth I never said. Oh well that's the net for ya.
Cmon man, let me re-phrase then, you thought they were only going to use that Type R engine in only one car? Let me say again, mass production car companies don’t do these things, and as far as limited it’s not, that production plate # is marketing bullshit.

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Cmon man, let me re-phrase then, you thought they were only going to use that Type R engine in only one car? Let me say again, mass production car companies don’t do these things, and as far as limited it’s not, that production plate # is marketing bullshit.
Last year there were 320,000 civics sold in the US of which only 6k were Rs I would say that's limited. In comparison Chevy just said 9k corvettes are sitting on lots unsold. So again yeah the R is limited.

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Last year there were 320,000 civics sold in the US of which only 6k were Rs I would say that's limited. In comparison Chevy just said 9k corvettes are sitting on lots unsold. So again yeah the R is limited.
With that logic they didn’t make a lot of Si Coupes so that’s limited too. The reason why there were so few Type R’s made is because most people aren’t going to pay between $35 - $40K for a Civic, twice the price of a regular Civic. And as you said yourself you’re gonna see the Type R engine in everything in the near future. They even have limited edition Nissan Sentras, marketing bullshit.

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
With that logic they didn’t make a lot of Si Coupes so that’s limited too. The reason why there were so few Type R’s made is because most people aren’t going to pay between $35 - $40K for a Civic, twice the price of a regular Civic. And as you said yourself you’re gonna see the Type R engine in everything in the near future. They even have limited edition Nissan Sentras, marketing bullshit.
No.my friend go back to the beginning in 2017. Honda flat out said would be limited to 5 to 6k in north america per year. Not because they dont sell. Heck around here they aren't off the truck before they gone. And still why a lot of markets still have Adm because people are paying it.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
No.my friend go back to the beginning in 2017. Honda flat out said would be limited to 5 to 6k in north america per year. Not because they dont sell. Heck around here they aren't off the truck before they gone. And still why a lot of markets still have Adm because people are paying it.
And they’re likely selling 5-6k a year in the USA so what are you mad about? Lol can’t believe you’re still arguing this literally no one cares but you.

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
And they’re likely selling 5-6k a year in the USA so what are you mad about? Lol can’t believe you’re still arguing this literally no one cares but you.
6 pages of no one cares. It's just a conversation.